Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which is the worst overall club in the NFL?

• Detroit Lions

Votes: 36 42.9%
  • Oakland Raiders

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 8 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this thread was just about this season.

Well it's how you look at it. I think this week we're all shaking our heads at the mess in Oakland, but I know last week when William Ford finally wised up and sent Millen packing, I was thinking how little we even consider them each year. Does anyone ever seriously think of the Lions as a contender each year when the season starts? Oakland at least has something to look back on.... but Detroit's future may be getting brighter.

Detroit has no succesful history to hang on to like the Raiders do, nor do they have a loyal fan base, plus they are located in the biggest sh*thole in the country. That franchise is a disgrace.

Last edited:
Oakland until Al Davis quits running the franchise into the ground.
I have to go with the Raiders. A friend of mine is a Raiders fan and he even says they need to do something anything to fix things.

I voted detroit. They stunk so bad, Barry Sanders retired, just to get away from the stench.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Jets. It's not like they've done anything in 40 yrs. :D

Last edited:
Right now Oakland is worse. Detroit just made the first move towards improvement by firing Matt Millen. Whoever replaces him can't do much worse, and perhaps the Lions' ownership has learned something from that mistake. In my opinion the Raiders are not going to get better until Al Davis relinquishes control, and it looks like that is not going to happen until he dies. Al Davis the owner needs to fire Al Davis the GM, Al Davis the Director of College Scouting, Al Davis the Director of Pro Scouting, and Al Davis the Director of Player Personnel.

Now if the question is which is the worse franchise over the entire history of these two teams, then the answer is obviously the Lions. The Raiders have a history of success, as recent as six years ago; the Lions have one playoff win in the last half-century. The Raiders have 3 titles, 5 conference championships, 21 playoff appearances, a 25-18 playoff record, and an all-time record of 401-316-11 (.559). In 48 years the Raiders have 26 winning seasons and 15 losing season. The Lions have 4 titles, 14 playoff appearances, a 7-10 playoff record (1-9 since 1957), and an all-time record of 488-556-32 (.468). In 78 years the Lions have 33 winning season (9 were before 1940) and 39 losing seasons (7 in a row and 22 since 1970).

Last edited:
It all depends on what you consider to classify as the worst franchise. If you mean historically, then obviously Detriot is. If you are talking about which team is worst now and going forward, it is clearly Oakland.

Matt Millen is gone. Whoever they hire to replace him will no doubt be better. Al Davis is still with Oakland which means they won't get a head coach who is remotely competent. It means Al will hang whoever he hires out to dry. It means he will throw out ridiculous money for marginal players.

Lions fans have hope they can turn it around now that Millen is gone. Raiders fans have hope that Al Davis dies in his sleep sooner rather than later.

I'd hate to be fans of an owner who just doesn't give a ****. Yeah, he's really starting to get football after firing a guy who has sucked all freaking decade!

Detroit management is an embarassment to the NFL. Oakland management (i.e. - the owner) is an embarassment to humanity.

Detroit management is an embarassment to the NFL. Oakland management (i.e. - the owner) is an embarassment to humanity.

Al Davis is not human. He is an embarassment to vampires/zombies/whatever-he-really-is. :D

It was a difficult decision, but I voted for Lions. No matter how bad things are in Oakland, their players at least have fought hard in some games.

Anyway, if we are talking only about this season, definitely the Rams will be the worse team. ¿All time? The forever suckers Cardinals...

It all depends on what you consider to classify as the worst franchise. If you mean historically, then obviously Detriot is. If you are talking about which team is worst now and going forward, it is clearly Oakland.

Matt Millen is gone. Whoever they hire to replace him will no doubt be better. Al Davis is still with Oakland which means they won't get a head coach who is remotely competent. It means Al will hang whoever he hires out to dry. It means he will throw out ridiculous money for marginal players.

Lions fans have hope they can turn it around now that Millen is gone. Raiders fans have hope that Al Davis dies in his sleep sooner rather than later.

Yeah, what he said. ;) (i.e. that's what I was trying to say a few posts earlier.)

I probably would have said Detroit, but they got rid of their cancer. so Ill go with OAK

Detroit is terrible, but as long as Al Davis remains in control of his little dictatorship, Oakland will forever be stuck in the 70's. I can't believe that the guy phones in plays and tells them to go long! LOL.

Currently? Oakland

All-time? Detroit without a doubt.

At least the Raiders fans have those rings from the late 70s early 80s to look at.

Al Davis is not human. He is an embarassment to vampires/zombies/whatever-he-really-is. :D

It was a difficult decision, but I voted for Lions. No matter how bad things are in Oakland, their players at least have fought hard in some games.

Anyway, if we are talking only about this season, definitely the Rams will be the worse team. ¿All time? The forever suckers Cardinals...

Al Davis is the epitome of everything the Emperor was to Star Wars IMO.

Recently the raiders have been worse than the lions, but at least they have a history to fall back on which the lions do not.

my vote goes to the lions,

Al Davis should shut up and retire, old ass jerk. Detroit though has been a mess for as long as i can remember

Over the years...definitely the Lions..how long has it been since they made the post season?? BUT if one is talking about at this moment in time..Raiders..Al Davis is making that franchise a total joke..just the way he runs everything..it's a wonder they can win a game given all of what he does.

The Raiders. Al Davis forgot more football than any of us will ever know. The problem is we all know more football than Al Davis remembers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes