Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which is the worst overall club in the NFL?

• Detroit Lions

Votes: 36 42.9%
  • Oakland Raiders

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 8 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBeliever

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Last week everyone was ragging on Detroit for keeping Matt Millen around for years after it became obvious he didn't know what he was doing. Now this week everyone is ragging on Oakland for firing Lane Kiffen and making a spectacle of it.

So vote - who's in worse shape? In Detroit you have an owner who knows little about football but may be starting to recognize the fact. In Oakland you have an owner who knows a ton about football but keeps meddling and creating dysfunction.

Detroit has won one playoff game in the 50 years Ford has owned the team. Oakland has won many playoff games, competed in five Super Bowls and won three of them.

Then again, even with how bad they are the Lions have a fancy new stadium that garnered the city a Super Bowl (as hosts, that is), while the Raiders left L.A. for Oakland only to get stuck in the same old dump they opened 40 years ago.

Discuss.

Gotta go with Detroit as at least the Raiders have had some success this decade.

One word: Rams.

Hard to argue against the Lions. Oakland at least put very competitive teams on the field in the early decade and made it to the Super Bowl.

Cincinnati Bengals

All the talent in the world on offense but the defense has never been constructed to compliment the O plus not to mention 3/4 of the players have been in prison

The Raiders have been just pathetic since Gruden left. Since the beginning of 2003 to the present (in other words, post-Super Bowl pasting), Oakland has a record of 20-64. Detroit has put up 26 wins in that time.

Detroit's been bad, but there's still a 6 game difference in the win column. I'm going with Oakland being worse than Detroit of late.

Last edited:
One word: Rams.

Superbowl Champs in 99 and runner up in 01....I dont think that qualifies as worst franchise. The same reason I chose Detroit over the Raiders and the same reason I would put the Cardinals as worse than the Raiders and prolly a few other teams as well.

Oakland until Al Davis quits running the franchise into the ground.

Who would you say it was say in 1992 :D

ARIZONA Cardinals!

Who has had LESS success than them?

I voted for the lions, but the rams certainly deserve a dishonorable mention.

With any team it starts with the front office. So long as Al is in charge this is the worst front office in the league. At the very least, Detroit has a chance to replace Millen with somebody who has a clue.

Since I hate the Raiders more then any other franchising sports . More then the Yankees, Lakers and Jets. I will vote for them as the worst in anything including fans, players endlessly whining and crookedest owner.

i said Detroit...at least Oakland was good once upon a time.

I would have to say the Falcons

I know A Blank is a nice guy but they peak quickly and drop right back down to the bottom extremely fast in their life time

Focusing on the present, I'd have to say Oakland's dysfunction trumps Detroit's incompetence...

Longtime Oakland fans love Al Davis. They didn't bail on him when he took the team to LA. Think about that for a second; That's pretty amazing. The guy had built up such a line of goodwill with the fanbase that even taking the team away for 14 years didn't significantly sour the relationship. For them to turn on this guy would mean that the franchise is crumbling from the top.

They are turning on him like mad. That's all I need to know.

Regards,
Chris

The Raiders have won 3 SB's. The Lions have never sniffed it.

Superbowl Champs in 99 and runner up in 01....I dont think that qualifies as worst franchise. The same reason I chose Detroit over the Raiders and the same reason I would put the Cardinals as worse than the Raiders and prolly a few other teams as well.
I thought this thread was just about this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots