PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

World Baseball Classic 2017 thread

meatface

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
The World Baseball classic begins today, maybe the US can actually do something. I am not a Sox fan but I know most of you are and the Red Sox players in the tournqament are Eduardo Rodriguez (Venezuela), Fernando Abad (Dominican Republic) and Xander Bogaerts (Netherlands).
Schedule of the games is here
2017 World Baseball Classic Schedule and Scores | BaseballAmerica.com

Israel won last night and is beating Taiwan right now, two teams advance out of their pool and so if they win tonight it would be almost impossible for them to not advance. Former Red Sox great Ryan Lavarnway is on the team

Korea lost to Netherlands so they are pretty much eliminated. Petty surprising considering they are ranked #3 in the world

I hate the WBC. I hope they scrap the entire thing.

why? Meaningful baseball being played in the Spring is awesome to me
there is nothing meaningful about it. its stupid. the spring is for training and getting ready for the mlb season.

there is nothing meaningful about it. its stupid. the spring is for training and getting ready for the mlb season.
to each his own I guess. I think the games that have been happening are much more entertaining than spring training.

This was fun, Mexico up by 4 in the ninth and Italy walks them off without recording an out.

This was fun, Mexico up by 4 in the ninth and Italy walks them off without recording an out.
we will see how you feel about it when a player from your fav mlb team gets injured for a meaningless tournament that most don't care about.

we will see how you feel about it when a player from your fav mlb team gets injured for a meaningless tournament that most don't care about.
I like the Yankees and Teixeira got hurt last time, injuries can happen just as easily in a spring training game as in the WBC. Hanley Ramirez, Sonny Gray and Huston Street have all gotten hurt this year in Spring training.

I like the Yankees and Teixeira got hurt last time, injuries can happen just as easily in a spring training game as in the WBC. Hanley Ramirez, Sonny Gray and Huston Street have all gotten hurt this year in Spring training.
but at least they got hurt playing and practicing for their teams. not in some meaningless tourney.

but at least they got hurt playing and practicing for their teams. not in some meaningless tourney.
would if better if they fell off their roof or something?

I'm really hoping that USA can pick it up, Jose Quintana is very good but they will need to be better to beat the Dominican Republic.

would if better if they fell off their roof or something?
the spring is for getting into baseball shape and working on the game. trying things you cant do in a real game. to go from 0 to 60 without being in baseball shape is just asking for injury trouble.
I'm really hoping that USA can pick it up, Jose Quintana is very good but they will need to be better to beat the Dominican Republic.
you are the only one watching lol.

the spring is for getting into baseball shape and working on the game. trying things you cant do in a real game. to go from 0 to 60 without being in baseball shape is just asking for injury trouble.

you are the only one watching lol.
I get it, you dont like the WBC, enjoy. Me i'll be over here having fun.

The Venezuela v Italy game is fun, it was going to be bad for Venezuela if they got eliminated this early two times in a row

games today have been super fun, I think the Dominican Republic needs to beat Columbia and then the US has to beat Canada to advance.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back