PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Winning too much might not be a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Pats playbook.

images

In my best Steve Sabol voice; "On any given Sunday"... or maybe it as Al Pacino who said it..

We went perfect in 2007 then there were a series of unfortunate events against the Giants..

Try not to listen to the hype or listen to the nontroversies on Sports Talk Radio about unbeaten seasons, it is bad karma to buy into their BS...

As a fan focus on one thing getting to the "tournament" and then watch the Patriots execute brilliant game plans..

The 07 team lost because they were outcoached in the SB. And because of a few fluke plays. The 15 team was ravaged with injuries. But both games still came down to the final minute.

With BB as coach this team will never read their press clipings.

I'm pretty sure the media described the offense is inept... Can't run.. can't throw... Tight ends suck... Left tackle awful. Haven't we already done this dance the past decade or 2?

They did say something I agreed with. The ravens game will not be a must-win game, I mean of course you want to win but BB knows they might face them again in the playoffs and will test out certain looks on defense against Lamar Jackson to see what works and what doesnt work.

The only potential "issue" with losing in Baltimore is that it gives them the head to head tiebreaker if both teams end up with identical records. But looking at the Ravens schedule, they still have the Browns, 49ers, Rams, Bills, and Texans.

Nick Saban calls it rat poison but I think it hurts the team when the media tells them how good they are. Who cares if we’re 7-0? 7 wins don’t mean anything, the last two occasions when we went 7-0 in 07 and 15 didn’t translate to a super bowl win. I think the reason for this is the media, I almost like it better when they say Brady is done or we aren’t going to the super bowl or the defense sucks because it adds that motivation. Winning too much will make you complacent. It is rat poison.
Huh?
The more NE wins, the more Boston media tells us what’s wrong with them!

7-0 gets you....

OL sucks
RB sucks
TE sucks
Kicker sucks
QB is a selfish *****
Coach is a miserable prick
Owner is a degenerate
Schedule is a joke
Division of sad-sacks
League of ineptitude

and that is just between 2 and 6 PM

The day the Browns beat us. That’s the day I become an astronaut

Funny you should say this. Did you know 22 astronauts were born in the state of Ohio?
Here are a few:

Neil Armstrong (Wapakoneta) – 1st person to walk on the moon (1969)

John Glenn (Cambridge) – 1st American to orbit the earth (1962)

Sunita Williams (Euclid) – Record for total cumulative spacewalk time by a female astronaut. ( she just got a school in Needham named after her )

Robert Overmyer (Westlake) – Piloted STS-5, the 1st fully operational flight of the Shuttle (1982)

Michael Gernhardt (Mansfield) – 1st U.S. spacewalk from the International Space Station (2001)

Funny you should say this. Did you know 22 astronauts were born in the state of Ohio?
Here are a few:

Neil Armstrong (Wapakoneta) – 1st person to walk on the moon (1969)

John Glenn (Cambridge) – 1st American to orbit the earth (1962)

Sunita Williams (Euclid) – Record for total cumulative spacewalk time by a female astronaut. ( she just got a school in Needham named after her )

Robert Overmyer (Westlake) – Piloted STS-5, the 1st fully operational flight of the Shuttle (1982)

Michael Gernhardt (Mansfield) – 1st U.S. spacewalk from the International Space Station (2001)

Da ****? :D

How long have you held that one in your pocket, thinking some day....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back