PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Willie's Post game statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
During his post game statement Willie said the following: "I want to do things on my own terms".

That sounds as if he's saying that he wants to be the one who says his carrer is over. to me, that means he doesn't want to be told "you don't have it anymore".

I don't think that he means that this is his last year. I think he still has another good year left barring injuries.

But, I did catch it last night and this morning when they replayed it. I found it to be an interesting statement.

i hope he will play again one year more

Willie is for me one of the best players our franchise ever had

retire # 55 !

I doubt that he calls it quits after this year. Especially if we don't win the SB. I guess if we were to win, all bets are off as it would be a good way to go out on top after Three-Peating :D

Willie is playing his best football in years, if not ever. There is no reason for him not to play for several years, eventually sharing time as he did last year. IMHO, he will play as long as his body holds up, or until he stops having fun. Is the situation different tha Phifer and Ted Johnson. We would have taken them both back if they were healthy.

And the timing is always Willie's because of his contract negotiation strategy, which requires a restructure every year.

I suppose our situation would be even better if our top four were mentoring better than Banta-Cain, Chatham, Alexander and Claridge.

That could be (and it would be wise) a not-so-veiled statement about his salary for next year

I think Willie has a pretty high cap number... one the Pats would probably want to reduce

Willie might be telling the team not to assume too much about his willingness to forgo salary to finish his career with this team.

PATSNUTme said:
During his post game statement Willie said the following: "I want to do things on my own terms".

That sounds as if he's saying that he wants to be the one who says his carrer is over. to me, that means he doesn't want to be told "you don't have it anymore".

I don't think that he means that this is his last year. I think he still has another good year left barring injuries.

But, I did catch it last night and this morning when they replayed it. I found it to be an interesting statement.

I thought the same thing last night when he said that!! He is only 34, I don't get all of this talk about retiring. Isn't Phifer 37 or so? Last year he started for the Super Bowl Champions!

I love Willie and hope he plays another couple of years for us and retires as a Patriot! In this day and age of free agency, I really love players that spend their whole career with our team!

He certainly has a couple of good years left. As I think about it, I think that he was referring to a few years ago when he had injuries and wan't playing well.

Quite a few people, including myself to some degree, though that he was on the decline. We were wrong.

I think that he is saying is that he will know when it's over and what others think is not important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back