PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Patriots draft a WR early to help Mac Jones in the 2022 draft?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will the Patriots draft a WR early in the 2022 draft to help Mac Jones [IE in the top 2 rounds]

• Yes, and he's going to be a huge Success!

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Yes, but he's going to FAIL and be N'Keal Harry 2.0!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, BB won't draft a WR early at all!

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • No, BB will trade for a veteran WR instead!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other, Ray Lewis killed a man!

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other, I've got another scenario in mind, let me explain.

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is the one huge failing of BB and the Pats organization. The ability to draft good WRs. Yes they hit on Edelman, but that was kind of a fluke. When you hit on a guy in the 7th round, I don't think you deserve a lot of credit for that. They also hit on Branch, but Branch was really a #2 who had great chemistry with Brady. Again, not a great WR by himself. The amount of misses at this spot is staggering. And we are now in an NFL where WRs matter... a lot.

Back in the pre-2000s WRs mattered to an extent, but they were massively overrated in their ability to impact a game. Since really 2004-2014 that has been slowly shifting for the hype of WRs and their importance living up to their actual importance. Now in the current era of football, WRs might actually be underrated in their impact. Which is a crazy thing to say.

It feels like in order the answer is QB >> WR > CB >> everything else, just be good enough to not have the other areas bring you down. So while I dread the idea of the Patriots using YET ANOTHER high pick on a WR and missing, which i think they well might do as I don't trust them to hit on the position, nor should anyone else, they have to do it. Cause we don't have a close to his prime Tom Brady anymore to carry a subpar WR core into respectability. And without a lot of talent at the WR position you aren't winning anything in the NFL anymore no matter what else you have, cause prime Brady doesn't exist and there isn't another one around who can go against the laws of the football gods which should govern the game.

So absolutely they should go for a WR in a WR rich class. But whatever they have done in the past and whoever they have had evaluate WRs... have it done by someone else... or hell, flip a coin in a tournament with the top 8 or so prospects and with and decide that way which what your board looks like. Literally ANYTHING is better than what we've been doing.

Last edited:
wandale Robinson would be a huge asset for jones. His ability to run and catch the ball, his high courage and his ability to open in a phone booth will make jones a much better qb.

On day 3, the wide receiver from Idaho has some good tape and appears to be able to track the ball well!

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back