PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why can’t we just get a another crappy tackle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Why not just pickup some bottom level free agent tackle, put him next to Newhouse, and designate him as a tight end? Despite how much this player would suck, his blocking would at least be a big upgrade from the poor blocking tight ends we have who also pose no threat as pass catchers. If no one covers him, there’s always that Nate Solder play against the Colts in the playoffs where he takes a shovel pass.

I think shoring up the left side of the OL with two crappy players (equaling a combined good left tackle) makes this team better. If they can improve the protection and run blocking, it’s worth taking a guy off the field, especially if that guy is going to to be Watson, Izzo, or LaCosse anyway.

Also, I brought this up earlier, but no one on the roster can play fullback on 4th and inches?

Thoughts?

Why wouldn’t they just use one of the “crappy tackles” already on the roster for that, then?

If they thought a street free agent was better than what they have, they would have swapped them by now.

If the patriots believed that this would work, they would use Cunningham, a Practice Squad player, or even pick up Skippy (who was recently released by HOU.

Why not just pickup some bottom level free agent tackle, put him next to Newhouse, and designate him as a tight end? Despite how much this player would suck, his blocking would at least be a big upgrade from the poor blocking tight ends we have who also pose no threat as pass catchers. If no one covers him, there’s always that Nate Solder play against the Colts in the playoffs where he takes a shovel pass.

I think shoring up the left side of the OL with two crappy players (equaling a combined good left tackle) makes this team better. If they can improve the protection and run blocking, it’s worth taking a guy off the field, especially if that guy is going to to be Watson, Izzo, or LaCosse anyway.

Also, I brought this up earlier, but no one on the roster can play fullback on 4th and inches?

Thoughts?

Someone forward this to Bill, STAT!!!

The packers got a guy on their practice squad who i like. Yosuah Nijman. Wish we signed him off their practice squad.

Why not just have Newhouse carry a .357 Magnum with him on the field and shoot the DE right after the snap? That would be effective.

I think this too. Get an undersized tackle with good foot speed as a blocker.

There are disadvantages to this as it is tough to disguise a run. And who you gonna get? Can the entire team put in a bunch of different plays? Can this tackle get out in space to block the strongside when the DE goes wide? Whoever we put in there better be able to wham block, zone block, catch. where’s Dwayne Allen at? Just bring him back.

Why not just have Newhouse carry a .357 Magnum with him on the field and shoot the DE right after the snap? That would be effective.

All of the injury timeouts every game would be annoying...also, it would probably only work on one play. The league catches onto trick plays like that pretty quickly

Were the Gronk and AB threads swapped out for this one?

because we only have 1 more game with newhouse at LT...

You must have just watched The Last Boyscout

Why can’t we just get a another crappy tackle?

Doesn't this team already have enough crappy tackles?

And, in honor of another thread......

Who's "we"?

Have you looked at our TE depth chart lately?

We hope...I'll believe it when I see it.

It’s bad. I assume they’re hoping Watson rounds in to shape and can salvage the position.

But they’d still have already made a change if they thought a free agent was better than a current player. Both OT and TE free agent lists look pretty bare to me....

I think that's a 15 yarder...

The real question is how long do they stick with both izzo and lacosse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes