PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Americans hate soccer

Funny, I haven't noticed him at this World Cup. What? You mean his team didn't qualify. I wonder why not? ;)

Yeah, I heard his team is the worst in the world :D:p

Did you have anyone in mind? ;)

2020106.jpg

^^^^^^ :rofl:

Perfect! Every home should have one.

[Edit. P.S. You should see him with his teeth OUT.]

Last edited:
hey, I feel stupid as hell now. I change my mind soccer is the world's greatest sport of all time. Now I'm interested in trying out for the USA national team cause I think I have skills at this foot sport.

:D:D:D

A funny Dave Barry quote I found relevent to this thread.

I truly believe that, even though many Americans say they hate soccer, if they gave it a fair chance -- if they took the time to actually watch a World Cup match or two -- they would still hate soccer. I don't know why this is, but apparently it's not going to change. I've given up arguing with guys who tell me how boring soccer is, but will happily spend four hours watching a baseball game in which 97 percent of the action consists of batters calling timeout.

I can't stand watching soccer and I've tried to give it a chance.

Most action consists of faking injuries, shamelessly acting for the refs, and once a team is up a goal to just play keep away and kick the ball out of bounds as much as possible to kill the clock.

Americans hate soccer because they suck at it..america hates whatever sport they are not good at...thats a fact.

Americans hate soccer because they suck at it..america hates whatever sport they are not good at...thats a fact.

Tell me more! :rolleyes:

Maybe, just maybe, the US "sucks at soccer" because Americans don't care about it very much. Baseball, American football, basketball, ice hockey, and even golf draw more interest among American youth than soccer. If Americans loved it, the US would have a damned good team. Soccer appeared on the stage as a major sport long after American sporting interest was already saturated.

Last edited:
Americans who truly love soccer love it as an international game. The best players play in the top leagues and those are not based here. We love football, baseball and basketball more because we know we have most of the best world players.

Americans might love soccer more if we were at the heart of the best play in the world ... but we aren't and the sport itself is not TV friendly. It may overtake hockey at some point but not the NFL, MLB or the NBA.

Americans who truly love soccer love it as an international game. The best players play in the top leagues and those are not based here. We love football, baseball and basketball more because we know we have most of the best world players.

Americans might love soccer more if we were at the heart of the best play in the world ... but we aren't and the sport itself is not TV friendly. It may overtake hockey at some point but not the NFL, MLB or the NBA.

disagree..... soccer never took off in America b/c there are so many more intriguing and better sports than soccer. Soccer is blah..... I can only take WC in small doses. I could watch an NFL game in its entirety, :)

USA has a much better collection of sports.... Soccer is the odd ball here :bricks:

Last edited:

If that were true then nobody would ever go to a Lion's game.

Soccer is a very slow sport w/ little or no scoring.

sports where you can score and or be a hero:)

Football
Hockey
Lacrosse
Baseball
Basketball
Track/Field

if I forgot an obvious one plz chip in....

all of these games except baseball are fast paced.... and physical (not Track)....... but you obviously get it:)

who wants to play stupid slow soccer when we have all these options in the American sport culture.:confused:

hell I'll play soccer.... put me in net so I can wait 20 minutes until I see a good shot..... I have great hands.... Soccer goalie might be my calling. :rofl:

the ignorant Euros laugh at the name of our game and how we do not use our feet to move the ball..... guess what Christiano Ronaldo's of the world....... NFL players are much more quicker, faster,stronger and way more athletic than futbol player.:cool:

It ain't even close...... No I don't count either of the lines DL or OL....... but they are surely 8 times stronger than a Pro-Soccer punk.:):):)

weak little pansies that take dramatic dives to draw cards... phucking go to Hollywood you losers.:D

Last edited:
Hahahahahaha....

Ahem, sorry, crack on pal...

I do believe the US team did pretty well in the WC in the summer :)

So much for sucking at it!

so we hate fencing?

You don't understand why a sports channel is showing the most popular sports event in the world? Interesting...

to truly understand this question one must ask "why is it the most popular sport in the world?"

I'll tell you why. Soccer is such a dirt poor sport and everyone in the world can play it b/c all you need are your feet.:bricks: o and 1 ball.

the cheap nature of soccer is it costs nothing to play.
Kick a ball around w/ your feet..... poor countries can play it and rich ones.

Wealthy nations like the United States can afford more expensive equipment tand can afford play more intresting sports that necessitate more $ to play them.

I'll name a few of each

$$$$$$ sports of America and the World
Hockey
Lacrosse
Football if you have to buy the equipment.
Golf
Surfing
Skiing/ water skiing
Snowboarding
Luge
Bobsledding
skeleton
Figure Skating
Ice Dancing
Gymnastics
Speed Skating
Ski Jumping
those other BS new snow events
curling
Bodybuilding
I can keep going

The poor sports of America and the World
Soccer
Baseball
Basketball
Cricket
Rugby
Australian and Canadian football
Ping Pong
Hand Ball
Badminton
Volleyball

that is off the top of my head... what am I missing?:confused:

Last edited:
Plus it is very boring. That is why!

The poor sports of America and the World
Soccer
Baseball
Basketball
Cricket
Rugby
Australian and Canadian football
Ping Pong
Hand Ball
Badminton
Volleyball

that is off the top of my head... what am I missing?:confused:

Poor sports?? Football is a poor sport??? Thats why teams pay £50million+ for a player, and then pay him £150,000+ a week to play!

You are clearly blind!

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back