PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why am I stupid for hoping we get Kyler Murray?

fnordcircle

The poster who James White said inspires him.
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Genuinely curious. Trying to fill the time this week so I watched some highlights and this dude has a crazy arm. He seems to be channeling the spirit of Flutie.

All I've done is watch highlights though and on some plays a crappy NFL DB would have deflected the pass, but on some others it's kind of amazing. But I don't watch college so I don't know much about it.

If you can help me kill like, 3 hours that would be great.

There are three main issues with Murray:
  • It's not clear that he would be able to run the Patriots offense, which depends more on accuracy and reading the defense than on pure arm power. (He played mostly in the defense-optional Big XII.)
  • Can he learn to (mostly) stay in the pocket? Belichick has questioned the viability of running QBs in the NFL, and doesn't seem interested in trying to make it work.
  • Most importantly, is he willing to commit to football?

I think it would be fun, not like the Pats drafts recently have set the world on fire. They could put in some special packages just for him.

Additionally, he's built like a 12 year old

There is so much to like from a skills point of view, but I worry as much about his processing speed. He could sit in the pocket for 5 seconds behind their incredible Oline, it’s hard to know how well he will do when things really speed up. The love of football is a real question as well, especially for a Belichick player. The rest of the package is so intriguing though, I wouldn’t rule him out by any means.

I don’t think there’s much chance he’s around anywhere close to us, but if I were looking at appropriate trade up spots, 19 to Tennessee would be a place I’d circle. That gets you in front of a few other teams who will be in a similar situation as the Pats.

Gruden really likes him.....

Gruden really likes him.....

Oakland and the giants, those are the ultimate landing spots for Murray. Keep him as far away from us as possible!

This guy is not tall enough to ride the bumpin cars alone.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back