PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who would you want...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nukin

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I posted this in the Brett Favre Sucks thread... but i am reposting it, cuss i wanna see what yall think:

You have 2 minutes remaining, its 2nd and 10, and your down by 6. You have one timeout, and your at your opponants stadium. The crowd is roaring "Defense Defense". You look at the playclock, and notice your quarterback has 10 seconds to hurry up and either spike or run a play.
Who would you most want to have as your quarterback?
Id pick brady.

do u expect any answer other than brady at a pats message board?

desi-patsfan said:
do u expect any answer other than brady at a pats message board?
It's not because we're Patriots' fans but we've seen him do it. SB 36 and SB 38. Of course, we were tied and just needed a FG but the point remains.

Huh. Good point. :p
Okay... new rule... Any QB besides brady :)
If thats the case... i would take...
John Elway

fleabassist1 said:
Huh. Good point. :p
Okay... new rule... Any QB besides brady :)
If thats the case... i would take...
John Elway

in that case, i'll take Montana. Althought its very hard for me to choose between montana and elway.

Heres a question:
Whos better:
Don Mccnab, or Peyton Manning?

Michael Bishop

Manning is FAR better than McNab.
Manning has had a choking in big games issue. But, what QB out there besides Tom Brady has been a good clutch playoff performer?
I dont know if there are any. Favre was early in his career, but turned into the worst playoff QB in the league.
Seriously, name a QB in the NFL with a positive body of work in the NFL playoffs that does not include their play being the primary reason for them being eliminated multiple times (i.e McNab and Manning)?And guys like Delhomme with 1 post season obviously dont count.

I seriously cannot name any other than Brady.

That means Mannings fatal flaw is shared by every QB not named Brady, and he is the 2nd best QB.

Donovan McNab is inaccurate. He makes poor decisions. He doesnt run any more.
He has benefitted from playing on a team with a great defense in a weak conference and still hasnt won the big one. Look over his record the past few years. No QB ever has won more games that were won by the defense than McNab.
IMO, McNab is the epitome of an average QB. You could take half the starting QBs in the NFL and have put them in his place on the Eagles and they would have done as well or better, and you can take half, plug them in and they would have done worse.

Certainly there is no question in my mind if the Eagles had BB and Brady since 2001, they would have won 3 of 4 SBs.

OK no Brady, I'd be happy with Unitas or Montana.

I'd take Favre mainly because he'd manage to 'look great' to the announcers as he threw his 5th pick and lost the game on some utterly bonehead play. It'd be entertaining.

Heh... id take Tomlinson as qb over favre right now... but in his prime, favre wouldnt be that bad of a choice

Good Call. Farve is AWFUL now but for a 4 year span there was no one better. (At the time)

How about running back... which running back would you want to have on your team...? Id pick barry sanders any day.

RB Gayle Sayers, easy. Think Barry Sanders + LT + C Dillon

Elway is certainly my answer. My number two is my personal favorite in coming from behind: George Blanda when he played for the raiders.

Either Brady or Don Majowski.

If I cant have Brady, Id take Montana. (By a wide margin over Elway, btw)

why would you take Montana by wide margin over elway? Just Wonderin :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back