PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will be our 2nd round DB draft selection in 2021

scott99

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Considering it happens almost EVERY year, the Pats trade up or down for a 2nd round DB.

My thoughts are that it’ll be one of these guys: CB’s Asante Samuel Jr or Eric Stokes or Safeties Richie Grant, or Trevon Moehrig.

Or a big slow CB/Safety rated as a 7th round pick.

Who’s it gonna be ? You know it’s gonna happen, just like a draft trade with Philadelphia, it’s tradition, a 2nd round DB drafted by the Pats.

Of the names you listed Samuel is the biggest baller

CB1 ceiling with him

I think they are going to trade back to get a lower 2nd and recoup the 78th pick they lost.

However,

If we have to go CB in round 2, I wouldn't mind Newsome or Farley. Both have injury concerns but could be really good if they can stay healthy in the pros. But that's exactly why they last until round 2 and not taken in round 1 instead.

If we have to go CB in round 2, I wouldn't mind Newsome or Farley. Both have injury concerns but could be really good if they can stay healthy in the pros. But that's exactly why they last until round 2 and not taken in round 1 instead.
I wouldn't be surprised with a trade up in the 2nd for either Newsome or Farley. I don't see them being there when we pick.

Melifonwu could be another option as well as the Kentucky CB

There is a CB from Gustavus Adolphus College who is very fast and tough

Newsome and Farley are likely gone in the 1st round. I actually think we'll take a QB in the second round but if we do focus on a DB there, I'd look at Jevon Holland, Ifeatu Melifonwu, and maybe even a slight reach for someone like Paulson Adebo, although perhaps the high-mid 3rd is his value area.

With the 46th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, Your New Englact Patriots select:
Shaun Crawford 5’9” 180 from Notre Dame - Book It!!

If we take horn in round one, would bb still take a db in round 2.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back