PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who should be more disappointed Patriots or Colts Fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coltshater

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
If the Steelers win this game, who should be more disappointed, the Colts or Patriots fans? As bad as I feel right now, I wonder how bad Colts fans would feel if they lose this game. The Colts are the #1 seed and it was a foregone conclusion that they would be in the Super Bowl.

they were 13-0 and FINALLY got the home field advantage throughout the playoffs that they said they needed to get to the SB. We were coming off an offseason where we lost both coordinators, both ILBs and lost key members of our team early in the season. This would by far be more disapointing to the Colts, IMHO.

If the Steelers do hold off and win, I would have to say, it is much bigger for the Colts' fans. As one poster said, a month ago, they were 13-0, looked 2 TD's better than any other team in the NFL, then dropped 2 and almost 3. They got the coveted #1 seed, home field, and could be ending their season in the divisional playoffs. Without doubt, it would be MUCH bigger for the Indy fans.

EZ76

Definitely Colts fans. They really should win the SB this year, whereas I don't think anyone can say that of the Pats (which is different from saying that we couldn't have done it).

We do. For Indy, this is every other normal year. They always choke in the big games. We, however, usually win them.

Exactly, with all of our injuries, it was a hell of a coaching job and playing by Brady to even get this far. Any other team, with all this adversity would have folded and went about 6-10 or worse.

EZ76

I think Colts fans will be devastated by this loss. I want to offer my condolences and an apology for my pulling for them to win today, I obviously jinxed them.

The Pats suffered a unprecedented tough schedule and excessive crippling injuries, yet they overcame to go to the playoffs, and suffered a referee-enhanced loss on the road. Our team is young strong and has a bright future.

The Colts had an incredibly easy schedule, essentially a 4-week bye, home field throughout the playoffs, favorable refereeing to the point that conspiracy theories do not sound unthinkable, and cap problems to be addressed soon. Their window of opportunity is closing.

Who do you THINK should be more disappointed?

We should. Colts fans should have known Peyton would choke.

This is a no brainer -- Colts fans. The NFL laid it all out for them with that cupcake schedule. They had no major injuries all year long and had home field advantage.

Meanwhile, we lose 2 coordinators, Rodney, and about 12 other guys, and had to scrap just to get where we finished. Plus we've already watched this team win 3 SBs.

If Im a Colts fan, I want to jump off a bridge. There's no comparison between the level of dissapointment IMO.

Colts for sure. This was THEIR year. We have lots of reasons to feel optimistic about the future. It's all downhill for them.

TomBrady4MVP said:
We do. For Indy, this is every other normal year. They always choke in the big games. We, however, usually win them.

Very astute observation, esp. for a newbie... welcome to the board. In many ways the Colts are like the Red Sox... very used to being 'bridesmaid'.

I'm disappointed in the last game esp the turnovers , but proud of of how the Pats performed for the season, given the schedule , injuries etc.

And what might have been... the Steelers at Gillete next week.

Come on next year!!

braveht said:
Very astute observation, esp. for a newbie... welcome to the board. In many ways the Colts are like the Red Sox... very used to being 'bridesmaid'.

I'm disappointed in the last game esp the turnovers , but proud of of how the Pats performed for the season, given the schedule , injuries etc.

And what might have been... the Steelers at Gillete next week.

Come on next year!!

Good point...and maybe the Colts fans are going to start losing their minds like the Red Sox fans did for so many years.

Colts are suffering from the curse of the Mayflower....

Mosi Moose said:
they were 13-0 and FINALLY got the home field advantage throughout the playoffs that they said they needed to get to the SB. We were coming off an offseason where we lost both coordinators, both ILBs and lost key members of our team early in the season. This would by far be more disapointing to the Colts, IMHO.
True, not to mention the fact that we've already got three Lombardis on the shelf and set all kinds of records in the process of getting them. The Colts ain't won since Johnny U hung em up.

SoonerPatriot said:
This is a no brainer -- Colts fans. The NFL laid it all out for them with that cupcake schedule. They had no major injuries all year long and had home field advantage.

Meanwhile, we lose 2 coordinators, Rodney, and about 12 other guys, and had to scrap just to get where we finished. Plus we've already watched this team win 3 SBs.

If Im a Colts fan, I want to jump off a bridge. There's no comparison between the level of dissapointment IMO.

We're disappointed - they are devastated. After all, this was their year. We can still curl up on the couch and watch 3 Games to Glory (I, II, or III). All they have highlights of are 3 Years of Misery, not much comfort there.

I almost feel more sad than disappointed - and for players and coaches as much as anything. They tried their damdest to overcome all manner of obstacles starting 10 days into the last off season. And until the zebras got into the act last night it looked as if they might just pull off another miracle season, similar to 2001.

But in the end they couldn't get any better than the 4th best team by finish in the AFC. Coming off back to back Superbowls, that's not too shabby. Beats the hell out of almost going undefeated, gaining home field throughout, and being favored to finally win the SB only to end up the 3rd best team by finish in the AFC and one and done at home in the only season that counts.

Funny thing I heard on the radio last night. Some Fox nitwit (so not sure if he was joking and I'm not into sports betting) but he said the AFC had been a big favorite to win the SB. But after our game and loss to Denver Vegas took the bet off the board.

Please, I can still my resent Super Bowl DVD's and smile. All they have is Super Bowl 5 while they were in Baltimore. We still have Brady and Belichick.

I still say we should be more disappointed as Pats fans. Had we won, we'd be headed to the Superbowl, because the Pats wouldn't have lost to Pittsburgh. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, too bad that the refs are doing their best to determine the outcome of the postseason themselves. At least the Steelers overcame their screwjob, I just wish the Pats had too.

I still feel good as a Patriot fan. I got a good night and morning sleep. And I watched the Colts and Mike Vanderjerk miss again. BooHoo for the Manning Brothers.

We lost a game to Denver due to turnovers. Gee, we have done that before.

Things haven't felt right this week. I was battling the flu, then a stolen wallet and finally United Airlines to use frequent flier miles to get to Denver. We did not get our lucky backup room at Tanners Bar and Grill. We had to sit with the Bronco Fans. That and I got into an argument with the Bar Manager and we got crappy service and they pulled the tap on Sam Adams beer. There will be a major discussion amongst the Patriot soldiers in my locale of where to meet up next year. It seemed cursed from the beginning.

I'll come back and watch another game.

Patjew said:
Colts for sure. This was THEIR year. We have lots of reasons to feel optimistic about the future. It's all downhill for them.

Yet another thread where I come in, ready to make a point, and pretty much read Patjew's post and just need to say "ditto".

Anything less than a SB ring for the Colts is utter and complete failure.

They are now a footnote in NFL history. My only lament is that they aren't a bigger footnote for going 16-0 and then suffering an even BIGGER choke by losing their first game in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes