PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is the # 1 RB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB goes with the hot hand. It used to be Gillislee, until he fumbled. White is used more as a pass-catching RB on screen plays, so is Burkhead.

3567og.jpg

I am glad we have both.

I think right now Lewis and White are at the top of the list. White is so ridiculous in the passing game and this is a passing offense so I'd call him the #1.

But on any given day it could be either or it could be Gillislee or Rex. Also I expect either or both to have a huge week soon. Rex was looking good for slowed by injury and looked good last week again. Gillislee was looking like he was a hair away from breaking several big ones and that it could happen at any moment and instead of breaking through he fumbled and took a step back but he'll be fine and I think any day one of them could go off.

Lewis is close to his old form. And White is the most consistent in his role and is the best pass catching back we've ever had.

Bottom line I really like this group.

Doesn't really matter. We'll leverage a players strength and occasionally use them in an unexpected manner to try and throw the defense a new wrinkle.

Gillislee is on pace for 750+ yards and Lewis is on pace for 550+ yards, not a bad combo. No TRUE #1, but pretty solid. Averaging 110 yards a game rushing as a team. I expect Burkhead to get some more carries as well as he gets back up to speed.

Here's my thought.........

Gillislee is the best runner

White is the best receiver

However, Lewis is the best at doing BOTH running and receiving effectively. So when Lewis is on the field I think it makes the defenses that much more on guard for EVERYTHING.

Now throw in Burkehead, he sure looked good in limited carries on Sunday.

RB is certainly one of our rare positions of luxury.

Here's my thought.........

Gillislee is the best runner

White is the best receiver

However, Lewis is the best at doing BOTH running and receiving effectively. So when Lewis is on the field I think it makes the defenses that much more on guard for EVERYTHING.

Now throw in Burkehead, he sure looked good in limited carries on Sunday.

RB is certainly one of our rare positions of luxury.
I think D Lew is running best right now, nearly 2015 level. Feels like he's the only one who can consistently get some nice chunk yards in the running game. I like Gillislee and he's had some nice 7-8 yard runs but I can't recall much longer than that right now. Maybe Lewis has just taken advantage of some better blocking, and you could chalk that up to us being more unpredictable when he's in there.

Also, just to diversify my ratings portfolio, the pats best rb is in Philly. Belichick doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes