Who I Want In The Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavfan2390

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Sup y'all? New to this forum, so go easy on me :p

Round 1-
Antonio Cromartie(man this guy is 50 times better then Jimmy Williams IF he can get back into shape)

Darnell Bling(talk about the perfect guy to replace Harrison)

Laurence Maroney(talk about the perfect complement to Corey Dillon, one fast dude)

Santonio Holmes(a patriots type receiver; relies on speed; not a great blocker, but really reminds me of this guy named Santana Moss)

Vernon Davis (JK JK JK)

Round 2-
Richard Marshall(good cover corner; stock is shooting)

Thomas Howard (I live in El Paso and went to all the UTEP home games, this guy is a right place, right time kinda guy, really reminds me of Derrick Johnson, his speed is amazing, a lot of mocks have him falling to the second and beyond;

Joseph Addai(really haven't heard a lot about him, but from what everyone is saying, sounds good)

Round 3-
Martin Nance(gives Brady someone to throw to in end zone, so Champ Bailey wont be doing that again; good combo of height, size, etc..but like Antonio Cromartie, his injury has his stock on the downfall)

Kelly Jennings(tall corner; extremely underrated)

Nick Mangold(best center available; handles DT's sick style; gives depth at needed position)

Rocky McIntosh(I'm really going on the fact the other Miami players/ linebackers have succeded)

MORE TO COME LATER!

mavfan2390 said:
Sup y'all? New to this forum, so go easy on me :p

Round 1-
Antonio Cromartie(man this guy is 50 times better then Jimmy Williams IF he can get back into shape)

Darnell Bling(talk about the perfect guy to replace Harrison)

Laurence Maroney(talk about the perfect complement to Corey Dillon, one fast dude)

Santonio Holmes(a patriots type receiver; relies on speed; not a great blocker, but really reminds me of this guy named Santana Moss)

Vernon Davis (JK JK JK)

Round 2-
Richard Marshall(good cover corner; stock is shooting)

Thomas Howard (I live in El Paso and went to all the UTEP home games, this guy is a right place, right time kinda guy, really reminds me of Derrick Johnson, his speed is amazing, a lot of mocks have him falling to the second and beyond;

Joseph Addai(really haven't heard a lot about him, but from what everyone is saying, sounds good)

Round 3-
Martin Nance(gives Brady someone to throw to in end zone, so Champ Bailey wont be doing that again; good combo of height, size, etc..but like Antonio Cromartie, his injury has his stock on the downfall)

Kelly Jennings(tall corner; extremely underrated)

Nick Mangold(best center available; handles DT's sick style; gives depth at needed position)

Rocky McIntosh(I'm really going on the fact the other Miami players/ linebackers have succeded)

MORE TO COME LATER!

I would like to start out by saying welcome to the forum and if we could get the picks that you have listed I would be dancing in the streets good post.

sup man? first off thanks a lot, and heres the rest of my list!

Connor Hughes: ok lets admit it, time to get rid of vinateri, hes been great, clutch and all, but the stats he puts up do not meet the pay he wants, and he never seemed to be a team first guy, connor is an ok kicker who should be able to fill in

Sinorice Moss: great kick/ punt returner; one fast dude; stock is rising though with the showing at the senior bowl

Dwayne Slay: come on, the name says it all SLAY!lololol

Reggie McNeal: will need to make the transition from QB to WR, but with his speed (think 4.3), should be no problem

I cant honestly think of anyone else id want

mavfan2390 said:
sup man? first off thanks a lot, and heres the rest of my list!

Connor Hughes: ok lets admit it, time to get rid of vinateri, hes been great, clutch and all, but the stats he puts up do not meet the pay he wants, and he never seemed to be a team first guy, connor is an ok kicker who should be able to fill in

Must . . . resist . . . urge to restart . . . Vinatieri debate. . . . :)

Welcome to the board.

Now, why do you want Cromartie? Here is a guy who has only 2 years of playing in the college level, got hurt with a torn ACL and was only up to about 70% about 3 weeks ago. Yeah, he'll be at 100% by training camp, but he will be such a huge question mark.

The Pats aren't the BILLS. I don't believe for a minute that they would take a 1st rounder with an ACL Issue that is unresolved.

Also, I think the Pats might be a little gunshy about taking a 21 year old after the maturity issues they had with PK Sam, who happens to be another Florida State attendee.

well most mocks have us taking tye hill ashton youboty, etc.. in the first, IM SICK OF SMALL CORNERS, yes they played well against the Jags tall recievers, but i think its time for the Pats to take a risk on a guy who is either a pro bowler, or bust, no middle room, this is exactly what the doctor ordered for the pats! a 6'3, 200 pounder who runs a 4.4! we have the chance to get him at 21 because of his injury otherwise he is top 5, and depending on his workouts he still could be, im sick of mediocre corners being used (yes all asante samuel is, is mediocre, sorry to break it), in other words, remember when wilfork fell to us? this is the same situation, but with a guy who will turn out to be better then wilfork (can you tell i really like him?)

# A very athletic cornerback, with excellent size and speed, has excellent instincts when it comes to anticipating passes thrown his way, has the hands of a wide receiver, soft and excellent at catching balls thrown in his area, which makes him dangerous in the passing game
# He looks to have good swiveled hips when turning to defend the pass and in change of direction situations
# He is a big play type of player on the defensive side, because he is the type of player that finds a way to get his hands on the ball and make things happen, defiantly one to watch

from http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=286

p.s. being a corner on my high school varsity team i understand how important size is, i had to match up against a 6'5 230 beast earlier this year; im 5'11 190, if they hadnt given me help from our 6'2 220 safety, i wouldve been screwed, but we doubled him all day

Last edited:
I guy who I would like to see here is the LB from Iowa State, Robbins. That guy's a player.

Good list. But Mangold and Nance won't be there in the 3rd. Mangold is projected as a mid Round 2 pick, so he might be there for our 2nd rounder in which case I'd seriously look at him, and Nance should go early 2nd with his size, speed, and potential.

Just a side note on your first round... do you think we should take Maroney at 21? He'll more than likely be there with Bush, Williams, and White rounding out the Top 3 of backs and they'll all be gone. And I don't want to touch Bing, his stock is dropping, and he hasn't lived up to expectations this year. He hasn't been the leader they needed in the USC secondary, and has been awful in coverage.

Sinorice will go early

After his catch at the senior bowl over tye hill, sinorice will probably go early-mid second round. Am I the only one, or do I see another Bethel Johnson when I look at Sinorice?? Short, great speed but not the best route runner. As I posted earlier, maybe it was poor coaching at Miami. Dan Werner, the offensive coordinator, was a lousy coach. I don't know who the receivers coach was at miami. They just hired another guy. If the pats draft a WR in the 1st round, which I hope they don't, I like Hagan. He didn't have a good senior bowl, but he looks like a gamer. I also like the idea of the pats trading the 1st pick if they can get an early 2nd rounder and an early 3rd. They could pick up Abdul Hodge at ILB (who I really like and could slip to early 2nd rd) and then they'd still have a 2nd and 3 third rd picks. There looks to be good value from middle 2nd rd to middle 3rd.

Enough on corners

We have plenty of them, we just need them healthy, same with safeties. I want a RB, White, Williams or Maroney, would settle for Greenway. Trade up for whichever one is reasonable and within reach.

Round 2 D'Qwell Jackson LB Maryland

Round 3 Richard Marshall or Deuce Lutui.

then whatever

Just a side note on your first round... do you think we should take Maroney at 21?

....welll......for me, if cromartie is there at 21, and he has a good workout for is, taking him is a no brainer, BUT if he isnt and maroney is, ill jump all over maroney heres the order id want someone

cromartie
maroney
holmes
bling
winton

i think we can survive with gay/hobbs/samuel/2nd or 3rd rounder at corner, and hopefully we can pick up someone like tank williams in free agency to take over the safety pos. till harrison comes back, what we need is to build our offense from the inside out, meaning OLINE and RB, are the main priorities, have someone like Maroney (who reminds me sooooo much of clinton portis its not funny) will open up the passing game, which mean we can surivive with branch/ davis

p8ryts said:
We have plenty of them, we just need them healthy, same with safeties. I want a RB, White, Williams or Maroney, would settle for Greenway. Trade up for whichever one is reasonable and within reach.

Round 2 D'Qwell Jackson LB Maryland

Round 3 Richard Marshall or Deuce Lutui.

then whatever
Would settle for Greenway? You have to trade up for him, not settle. Also, D'Qwell will likely be gone before our 3nd rounder, and there's no way Marshall or Lutui are there for our 3rds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back