PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who else is going to the game at Buffalo Saturday? Pats tailgate? Any other advice? (looking for Pats tailgate)

tylerg40

Rookie
Reaction score
Hi, I am heading down to Buffalo Friday night with my brother and 2 friends. I have tickets/hotel already, and am just looking for any advice for tailgating or other Pats making the trip to tailgate with, etc. Any advice is much appreciated. Go Pats!

Hi, I am heading down to Buffalo Friday night with my brother and 2 friends. I have tickets/hotel already, and am just looking for any advice for tailgating or other Pats making the trip to tailgate with, etc. Any advice is much appreciated. Go Pats!
I'm going. I got ridiculously cheap tickets ($60) at the 10 yard line on the lower level, 20 rows up.

What I'm hearing: tailgating is going to be muted at best. If you want to survive the 3 hours in -10 real feel, you can't spend a couple hours outside in the lots prior to the game. Some Buffalo fans will, but from prior experience I can tell you they will start dropping out and wont make it through the game. Last time it was like this, I brought extra hand and foot warmers and was passing them out to Bills fans--well, the non-degenerate decent fans anyway.

Consider parking on the lawns of homes prior to the stadium lots because the stadium lots are typically Mad Max Post-Apocalyptic zones in weather like this. And by that I mean you will see fires all over the place in the lots, like in the middle of roads with dozens of cars stalled out behind them. I got stuck behind one a few years ago, it was 5 degrees out, so we pulled into a spot that had a tent set up above it. It was right next to a giant RV. I went in to ask the people if they were cool with me parking there since no one was outside, and they said sure, they had a big party in there, lots of food and alcohol. It was Guy Fieri's RV!!!

Let me know if you plan on heading out in downtown Buffalo on Friday night, or anything else you need to know.

I'm going. I got ridiculously cheap tickets ($60) at the 10 yard line on the lower level, 20 rows up.

What I'm hearing: tailgating is going to be muted at best. If you want to survive the 3 hours in -10 real feel, you can't spend a couple hours outside in the lots prior to the game. Some Buffalo fans will, but from prior experience I can tell you they will start dropping out and wont make it through the game. Last time it was like this, I brought extra hand and foot warmers and was passing them out to Bills fans--well, the non-degenerate decent fans anyway.

Consider parking on the lawns of homes prior to the stadium lots because the stadium lots are typically Mad Max Post-Apocalyptic zones in weather like this. And by that I mean you will see fires all over the place in the lots, like in the middle of roads with dozens of cars stalled out behind them. I got stuck behind one a few years ago, it was 5 degrees out, so we pulled into a spot that had a tent set up above it. It was right next to a giant RV. I went in to ask the people if they were cool with me parking there since no one was outside, and they said sure, they had a big party in there, lots of food and alcohol. It was Guy Fieri's RV!!!

Let me know if you plan on heading out in downtown Buffalo on Friday night, or anything else you need to know.
Thank you so much appreciate all the advice. Sadly, I bought my tickets Sunday night expecting them to go way up in price so I'm behind the end zone in the 200s. But yes, I am getting down there Friday so will likely go out in Buffalo Friday night. Before the game, are you planning on going to a bar or anything or just heading in close to gametime?

Thank you so much appreciate all the advice. Sadly, I bought my tickets Sunday night expecting them to go way up in price so I'm behind the end zone in the 200s. But yes, I am getting down there Friday so will likely go out in Buffalo Friday night. Before the game, are you planning on going to a bar or anything or just heading in close to gametime?
Since the stadium is way out in the middle of nowhere, we are just driving up for the game, will have a drink and some food in the car. We are planning on hitting the bars afterward (in case you didn't know, Buffalo bars close at 4 am, so a lot of times, people show up at bars around 11 pm). A lot of young people (18-22) do go out to bars on Chippewa Street downtown. Those who are 30+ avoid it like wearing masks against the plague. People around 25-35 hang out in Allentown & Elmwood (bars like Hardware, Founding Fathers, the Old Pink, I'd recommend Founding Fathers), while 30-45s congregate around Hertel Ave (Moor Room, etc.). If you're at a hotel outside of town, the only two suburbs that have a lively nightlife are Main Street in Williamsville and town center of East Aurora (Bar-Bill Tavern).

There are a lot of good breweries in downtown Buffalo if you're into beer, like Big Ditch and Thin Man. My favorite is Community Beer Works, but it's in a neighborhood on the West Side. A good bet to get good food and drink is Dinosaur BBQ if you're into BBQ.

If you want to try buffalo wings downtown, I'd recommend Gabriel's Gate instead of Anchor (the place that originated them), and if you're in the burbs, look for a Duff's or else Bar-Bill in either East Aurora or Williamsville. Most people I know think Gabriel's Gate are the best, with Duff's and Bar-Bill a close #2.

Last edited:
One piece of advice from someone who has sat in his fair share of frigid football games. Make sure you have tons of layers. And make sure you bring enough stuff to make sure not an inch of you skin is exposed. That means something to cover your face too. If you have ski googles, bring them. You may not need them, but you might need to cover the skin around your eyes too. I went to the Titans game back in the 2003 season and it wasn't so bad for me because I was well layered, but as someone else pointed out that is was so cold that people's beers froze.

When it comes to the layers, my measuring stick for layers is that if you can move your limbs normally with out restriction, you probably don't have enough layers on.

Wear Insulated winter boots, ski mittens with hand warmers, Insulated ski pants, balaclava, knitted hat...layers, down jacket, and shell. You will be fine to tailgate.

I've been to the coldest games and have actuly felt hot while others were spending the game in heated bathrooms.

I climb mountains and need to stay comfy in neg 20 type of temps. I found that having a good silk lining layer in your feet along with other above suggestions is huge. It draws the sweat away from your feet and pulls them into your (hopefully) wool socks. It is the sweat of being too hot turning cold that will get ya (also heat leaving the old cranium!).

Wear Insulated winter boots, ski mittens with hand warmers, Insulated ski pants, balaclava, knitted hat...layers, down jacket, and shell. You will be fine to tailgate.

I've been to the coldest games and have actuly felt hot while others were spending the game in heated bathrooms.
I've been to super freezing games in Foxboro as well. Titans 03, Chargers 07.

I will just warn anyone however that I know for a fact, this one will be colder. Something to think about. -10 degrees is not ZERO degrees (or 5-10 in the case of the Chargers game).

There is a difference.

Since the stadium is way out in the middle of nowhere, we are just driving up for the game, will have a drink and some food in the car. We are planning on hitting the bars afterward (in case you didn't know, Buffalo bars close at 4 am, so a lot of times, people show up at bars around 11 pm). A lot of young people (18-22) do go out to bars on Chippewa Street downtown. Those who are 30+ avoid it like wearing masks against the plague. People around 25-35 hang out in Allentown & Elmwood (bars like Anchor, Founding Fathers, the Old Pink, I'd recommend Founding Fathers), while 30-45s congregate around Hertel Ave (Moor Room, etc.). If you're at a hotel outside of town, the only two suburbs that have a lively nightlife are Main Street in Williamsville and town center of East Aurora (Bar-Bill Tavern).

There are a lot of good breweries in downtown Buffalo if you're into beer, like Big Ditch and Thin Man. My favorite is Community Beer Works, but it's in a neighborhood on the West Side. A good bet to get good food and drink is Dinosaur BBQ if you're into BBQ.

If you want to try buffalo wings downtown, I'd recommend Gabriel's Gate instead of Anchor (the place that originated them), and if you're in the burbs, look for a Duff's or else Bar-Bill in either East Aurora or Williamsville. Most people I know think Gabriel's Gate are the best, with Duff's and Bar-Bill a close #2.
Thank you so much! I appreciate all the advice

One piece of advice from someone who has sat in his fair share of frigid football games. Make sure you have tons of layers. And make sure you bring enough stuff to make sure not an inch of you skin is exposed. That means something to cover your face too. If you have ski googles, bring them. You may not need them, but you might need to cover the skin around your eyes too. I went to the Titans game back in the 2003 season and it wasn't so bad for me because I was well layered, but as someone else pointed out that is was so cold that people's beers froze.

When it comes to the layers, my measuring stick for layers is that if you can move your limbs normally with out restriction, you probably don't have enough layers on.
Ya, I definitely plan on wearing as much as I possibly can, thanks

nbc 90th special GIF by NBC

Fur Coat & hat ftw

Its nature's insulation, ya know?

How bad are the buffalo fans really?

Last edited:
Any pats fans plan on tailgating? Looking for something for 4 of us and can supply food, beer, etc.

So glad to hear some Pats fans are going! Make sure you represent! Go Patriots!

When I went a few years ago to the game we parked in a restaurant parking lot (sorry I can't remember the name, but it was a barbeque place) that was only short walk from the stadium and they only charged $20 to park. I agree with those that say avoid the stadium lots. Plenty of cheap parking in the surrounding areas.

Hey Tyler...if you run into Moron Cow on your way in, give him a swift kick in the munt for me...thanx

Some brave souls out there. Have fun and keep those feet warm. I think folks used to bring cardboard and/or newspapers to stand on at old Foxboro Stadium during the winter months to help. Not sure if they still print newspapers though...

So glad to hear some Pats fans are going! Make sure you represent! Go Patriots!

When I went a few years ago to the game we parked in a restaurant parking lot (sorry I can't remember the name, but it was a barbeque place) that was only short walk from the stadium and they only charged $20 to park. I agree with those that say avoid the stadium lots. Plenty of cheap parking in the surrounding areas.
Thank you!

Some brave souls out there. Have fun and keep those feet warm. I think folks used to bring cardboard and/or newspapers to stand on at old Foxboro Stadium during the winter months to help. Not sure if they still print newspapers though...
I heard that, thank you

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back