PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who do the Pats select with the 23rd overall pick?

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
For the first time in a long time, we get to select relatively early in the 2020 draft. At worst, we will pick 24th...if New Orleans loses tomorrow we will pick 23rd.

Teams that did qualify for the playoffs are assigned draft slots 21-32. The order is determined by the results of the previous year's postseason play: The four teams eliminated in the wild card round pick in slots 21-24 in the reverse order of their final regular season records.

The next Derrick Henry.

For the first time in a long time, we get to select relatively early in the 2020 draft. At worst, we will pick 24th...if New Orleans wins tomorrow we will pick 23rd.

Teams that did qualify for the playoffs are assigned draft slots 21-32. The order is determined by the results of the previous year's postseason play: The four teams eliminated in the wild card round pick in slots 21-24 in the reverse order of their final regular season records.

The Pats get #23 if the Saints lose.

Trade up for the best WR in the draft.

Trade up for the best WR in the draft.

So we can waste another year with a rookie WR? I say DT or OL. They couldn't stop the run late in the year and definitely to inject some talent on the OL.

Mods, it's the offseason. No need to put this in the draft forum. :rolleyes:

Let’s hope we’ll have a 1st round pick (not lose it due to stupid spy gate 2), we’ll desperately need it. And if we have one, Belichick is definitely going to trade down for more picks anyway, since we don’t have a 2nd round pick.

If he stayed in the first round, I would hope he picks the best QB available. It all depends on free agency though. If they sign a decent TE, draft a QB. If they sign a decent QB, draft a TE or 2. QB, TE & WR are the biggest needs, this offense has zero explosiveness (unfortunately due to Belichick’s poor drafting the last 2-5 years).

Is there a position called OTR? Offensive Tight Receiver. If so, we should target them.

First we got to hope we have a 1st round pick after the NFL gets done with the butchering due to Bengalgate.

So we can waste another year with a rookie WR? I say DT or OL. They couldn't stop the run late in the year and definitely to inject some talent on the OL.
We simply cannot go into next season with this WR corps.

It's always draft season but too early for "who we taking".

Tua & others still have decisions to make. Supposedly Tua is going back to school but I can't wrap my head around that thought & won't believe it until I hear it. He's a top 10-15 (at worst) pick, most likely closer to 5 if he comes out. Get that money, don't risk it for potential Saban bragging rights.

Then you have FA which is huge this year for obvious reasons.

RD1 is for QB/OL/DL/CB. Those are your most valuable positions. After FA/Trade you get a much clearer view.

Either way QB/DL/OL will get a lot of thought regardless of who comes back. With or without 12 we need a starter or competition for Stidham. QB will be a priority.

You're assuming Adolf Godell doesn't strip our 1st:D

A ST ace to replace a retiring Matthew Slater

We simply cannot go into next season with this WR corps.
Edelman, Sanu, and Harry is a trio better than most

WR absolutely needs to be addressed, but that's 3 locks

TE is the far bigger concern, lack of a good TE hurt the run game and pass game majorly this year

Post 3rd retirement Ben Watson and "Matt LaCosse" ain't cutting it...never were and never will

WAY too early, but Belichick would have a doozy with LSU DE K'Lavon Chaisson or Alabama DE Terrell Lewis...Only QB I'd like would be Fromm if he enters and not sure he goes that early

I think Jules, sanu, and another year of growth for Harry should produce better results. But I would not be surprised we get a true number 1 receiver by trade. I don’t think taking another rookie in the draft is going to help Brady much. I’m hoping that we completely overturn the tight end position. Lacosse was a bust, Watson is older, and Izzo never did much. I think running back is set. I liked how Michel and burkhead ran and white is always great.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back