PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

which is an NFL team you do not dislike ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any opponent of the Jets

I only like the Patriots and always will. I'll watch other teams sometimes because my friends are fans of all kinds of different teams (Green Bay, Tennesse, Cincinatti, Buffalo, Tampa Bay, Seattle, and some others). The way I see it though is not a team in particular, but certain players that I have respect for and admire their game. Some of those players include (of the top of my head): Champ Bailey, Ed Reed, Bob Sanders, Antonio Gates, Jonathan Ogden, Brian Urlacher, AJ Hawk, DeMarcus Ware, Chad Johnson, Derrick Brooks, Ronde Barber, Keith Bulluck, Zach Thomas, Brian Westbrook, MJD. There are more, but you get the point. Players that give it 100% and if there was an opportunity they would play for the Pats, everyone would love them. Kinda like Randy Moss was. But to look at team and root for them, that's not my style.

as i've matured, my peripheral teams have changed. they used to be the packers and chargers with bart starr and lance alworth. now it's cleveland with romeo. but reading some of these responses, i just hope this is not a cross section of pats fans.

Buffalo's my second favorite team. I root for them any game where they're not playing the Patriots.

Dislike is too nice a word, I hate the Jets and Dolphins and all their fans who used to parade in their colors and boast proudly in the 90's.. both rat bastard teams and rat bastard fans.

Here are teams I'll root for if they're not playing the Pats:

Cleveland, Buffalo, Jacksonville, and (because my wife's family is from Long Island) the Jets.

Family or no family, this is not allowed. How can you live with yourself?

i do not see mentioned so many times: Ind, Oak, Mia, Nyj, Den, Pit, Bal

why ?

Cleveland, Detroit, Houston and New Orleans. Had it not been down to my Pats fan friend, I would probably have supported Cleveland or New Orleans back in '86.

I have a soft spot for the Lions and their long-suffering fans and I'd like to see an expansion team do well, hence Houston.

1. SF I grew up near Kezar Stadium and go back to the Tittle, St Clair, Nomelini, Wilson, Moegle, RC Owens, Joe (the Jet, before the Jets) Perry days before the Patriots were born. Besides the Niners are our best allies this year, locking up what looks like a top 5 pick.

2. Cle 3. Buffalo 4. Whoever beats the Colts.

The 49ers for me...but not this year because of the draft pick we got from them.

Hmmm, let me think......

Buffalo...dislike because football in that city is always more about the Execs (Levy and Wilson) than the players.

Miami...dislike because of the 3 previous mercenary coaches they'd hired to try to turn this team around unsuccessfully.

Jets..more than dislike

Steelers....used to like, because I have tremendous respect for the Rooney family, but didn't like the way they handled Whisenhunt and Grimm when Cowher retired.

Browns....a team thats hard to dislike because of Romeo and the fact that its difficult to dislike a consistent loser (until this season)

Ravens....Billick is an offensive disaster.

Bengals...too many off the field incidents for me to respect anything they do.

Colts...gee, how can I dislike a team that gets the favor of the networks, referees, and has a QB that is forced into my living room every Sunday? (yes...this is sarcasm)

Jags....boring to watch, no playmakers in the passing game.

Titans....see Jax above.

Texans...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Chargers..... dislike, overrated LB, overrated QB, idiot for GM.

Raiders...........used to dislike alot, irrelevant now.

Denver.....am I the only one who would like to punch Shanahan in the mouth for starting this horrific trend of calling timeouts during a snap on fieldgoal attempts???

Cowboys...dislike ownership & WR.

Giants.....dislike, because they are always forced into my living room on Sundays because they are the closest regional NFC team to New England. Oh yeah, and that other Manning.

Redskins...dislike ownership.

Eagles....used to like until McNabbs comments about the SuperBowl rings.

Packers.....cant get enough of the Madden-Favre lovefest....NOT!

Bears.....its excruciating watching thier QB play!

Lions...its tough to dislike this loser. Although I'd probably like them a lot more if Millen stepped down as GM. But then I'd guess they wouldn't be lovable losers anymore.

Vikings....Yawn.......

Tampa Bay.... dislike Chuckie, he overcomplicates his offenses just to try to look smarter than his players.

Saints....hard to dislike, but their LB's and secondary leave a lot to be desired.

Falcons....got sick of listening about 'Mr. Over-rated' Michael Vick and now they just stink.

Carolina.....dislike, got sick of watching Delhomme complain after every incompletion. He's hurt now and I would like to see Testaverde play but their never on TV.

Seattle...dislike, too Jeckyll and Hyde for me.

Rams...liked when Vermiel was there, now, not so much.

49ers...love the draft pick we're getting.

Cardinals....another lovable loser, but the Bidwells treat people (players, coaches, & fans) like 2nd class citizens.

After further review...........If the Patriots aren't on, we are subject to mediocre, inconsistent, and sometimes God awful football. (If you need a reminder, think back to Thanksgiving day, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!)

The Packers are my favorite NFC team.
I dont mind the Vikings cause AP is a monster
Broncos because of Shanahan, I dont like Cutler much though
Dolphins because they are so bad I feel sorry for them
St. Louis
Houston
Colts, because I think Peyton Manning's commercials are kinda funny

Btw, I dont really hate the Pats that much, except for on the 9th. At the same time I dont like them that much either.

Last edited:
Packers, Eagles, Houston..pretty much hate everyone else

too many votes; there is not a winner...

Buffalo, to me seems like a similar mold of Pats (pre-BB). Tough cold weather team and IMO easy to root for when not facing the Pats. And I like Jauron.

Also, Tampa from my days there. Its an NFC team thats okay to like. And Chuckie...who could hate Chuckie???

Cleveland gets an AFC runner up.

Last edited:
eagles, bills, browns, niners.

I live in NC and my boyfriend is a panthers fan, so I'm supposed to root for them as well. to be fair, he roots for the patriots along with me.

there's just something about the panthers though. I try to like them, and I just can't. I'm not even sure why. I have to be very careful not to let my true feelings show during games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes