PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where were you for.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaScotiaPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The Playoff games in the 2001 playoff run?

The "What's your best memory" thread got me thinking, everyone's fav memories include that run, I mean how couldn't they? So where we you/who were you with?

For the Faiders game I was alone in my room like I usually am when I watch football. I was going to a rave that night and I was the one driving so my friends kept calling me every 5 minutes asking if the game was over, I finally told them to just turn to it themselves and they'd know when it was over. I got up to leave when Brady fumbled but then we challenged and I learned about the greatest rule in football history. :D We won the game and I went to the rave, got all messed up on shrooms and had to drive home in tons of snow. (Ah the stupidity of youth)

For the Squeelers game I was again alone in my room, nothing to tell there.

For the Superbowl I watched it upstairs with my brother. We use TV events as opportunities to spend time together, we watch Bulls games together as we're both fans, the odd time we'll catch half of a Sunday nighter, WWE events, and he watches Pats games with me sometimes and I watch Cowboys games with him (He's a Cowboys fan)

I did what I always do--watched them ALONE, with no one to distract me.

2 memories, one good, one I havent admitted before,

The good----When Ty Law scored the Int vs the Rams, I totally freaked out. I had moved the couched within 2 feet of the TV. I jumped up ran around the living room and DOVE onto the couch screaming the enitre time. My daughter, 8 at the time, had just snuck down to see how the game was going. She looked at me and said "Dad, you are scaring me"

The one Ive never admitted: I was happy to see Bledsoe play in Brady's place in the AFCC, and wanted him to play in the SB. I was a huge Bledsoe apologist in those days. The most wrong Ive ever been about judging football players, I thought we had a better chance to beat the Rams with Bledsoe.
I was over that after we won, and wanted him gone, realizing we would not have won if he had played.

For the Raiders game we went out to dinner with friends and then walked home in the snow to watch the game. We were living in NYC at the time...such a beautiful night on so many levels.

The Steelers, I was in my apartment with my husband watching the game.

The Superbowl, I was in my apartment recovering from a terrible night out where I drank seven green apple martinis and puked all the way home. I watched the game sprawled out on the couch.

hanging with friends in NH...eating good food and drinking good beer...same thing i do every weekend from preseason through the super bowl...

and then we go into manchester and drink beers until the pats pick in the first round of the draft...last few years have been rough...

I wish I had IRL friends who liked the Pats. *sniff*

I have a confession:

I was too scared to watch the game ... so I kept moving in and out of the room ... I watched the game when Pats had the ball and left the room when Rams had the ball ... until ... until the FINAL MOMENT OF TRUTH ... I saw the final 81 seconds which seemd like an eternity ... and I remember chill running up my spines ... I remember Adam V lining up ... then I covered my eyes cuz I couldn't bear to watch ... and then I took a peek and saw the ball sailing through the upright ... and then I saw the following ...

P2030663.jpg

I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming .. but it was true ... the Patriots were the World Champion ...

The Raider game, watching at my dad's house with the lights off and the ominous glow while they evaluated the tuck rule. I had my hat over my face like I was hyperventilating, then cheered forever once we got it in our favor. "Karma"

Raider game, hanging with my uncle at the time.

I remember me and my dad watched all of the Steelers game together. I remember the Pats were penalized like hell that day, and we came up with a beer shrine. In other words, the bottle cap that came from the AFC title game and the superbowl have always been atop the TV ever since.

And the superbowl, I watched with my father. I'll never ever ever ever forget it. Watching the kick sail through, my dad got up and screamed first then I did. It really was a beautiful moment. We hugged eachother, being die hard fans happy as could be. Ah, the memories :)

1. Left the raider team hotel, after eating their munchies and meeting their DC (my friend went to school w/him)... got delayed in traffic, but made it in the stadium in plenty of time for kickoff

2. Watched at home, called my steelers friend during game (many times); told him my tv went out... he stopped answering.

3. 50 yard line in the superdome... actually threw my full $7 beer in excitement on Laws interception... damn, that sucked when it came back! anyways, obviously well worth it

Last edited:
Like PatsWorldChamps, stayed in the Raiders hotel in Dedham. Took the train to the game. My jacket absorbed the water, my dad snuck whiskey into the game and got drunk (he's a pure beer drinker); a yuppy couple tried to take our seats and we nearly got into a fight with them when we told them that we'd had these seats for 40 years. Oh yeah, I had the flu that weekend and probably came the closest to death that night than any other time in my life.

Steelers game, watched it at home with my (then) stepdad, who was a big Steelers fan. That was a good day.

Rams game, in my basement while doing biology homework. I remember getting the grade for it (I was dead tired when doing it, and never bothered to change the answers) and it was like a 60 with some of the answers being like "The life cycle shows TY LAW INTERCEPTION TOUCHDOWN" and "Flowers absorb the sun and WILLIE HOW COULD YOU HOLD HIM THERE". It was pretty funny. I was screaming damn loud when they won.

Last edited:
Nova, this is a great idea!

The day of the Raiders game I had been helping my future mother in law move into her new home in Hobe Sound, Florida. On the way home we stopped to eat at Chilies in Jupiter. When we walked in I was looking at one of the tv's above the bar and the screen was completely white. I thought to myself that it looked like home and went up to the bar for a closer look. Sure enough, it was Foxboro Stadium! We got through dinner and home in time for the fourth quarter. My ex-financee was watching the game with me and laughed his butt off when Tommy "fumbled." I was devistated!! I cannot describe the feeling of elation when the ref announced it was an incomplete pass! Things like that just DO NOT happen to my teams...... Anyway after that call went our way I knew we would win.

For the Pittsburgh game I was alone, the bf worked nights and slept days, so I got to see the whole thing in peace! Being in Florida, all I had was the ESPN spin on this game and by the time it was played I was so sick of hearing what an underdog we were and how the Steelers would wipe the floor with us. After I got back to MA, I stocked up on all of the books that had been written about that season, to get the New England point of view through this whole thing.

For the Super Bowl I was at a party thrown by my aforementioned almost mother in law. She wanted to see me suffer when the Patriots got destroyed in this game. I was gracious and brought my 5-star black bean and chicken chile! Most people started leaving the party after Ty's interception! hee hee The bf had to work that night and he left as the ref was announcing there had been holding by Willie on the Warner fumble that was run back by the Patriots. I figured that was the end of the game; the "red sox" moment if you will.....and Willie would forever be known as the goat. I figured we had gotten our miracle in the snow bowl. I remember hearing Madden saying we should play for overtime and then watching Tommy lead us down the flield. I swear my heart stopped when Adam kicked the ball! After it went through, I just sat there staring at the TV, waiting for someone to say there was a mistake and that we had NOT just won the Super Bowl. Once I was back to my senses, I called my Mom back here in MA and the phone did not even ring, she had picked it up to call me! We both cried together. I could not fall asleep that night from the excitement!

A couple of months later (after the DVD came out) I got a large box from my mother. It had the Globe and Herald from the day after the SB, a Tom Brady MVP shirt, a SB champ shirt, an AFC Champs sweatshirt and the DVD. It really was amazing to re-live the whole season that way and hear it through the voices of Gil and Gino. Of course I cried at the end and still do!

During the offseasons I get together with my Mom and we watch the Super Bowl DVDs......I never could have imagined there would be THREE to choose from!!

2001 playoffs

Raiders game: Season tickets in the south endzone, same endzone as the game tying kick in the driving snow!

Steelers game: Watch from my old mans house, If it wasnt for him we wouldnt have ten season tickets. 2nd most nerv wracking game of my life.

St louis game: Had 10 yard line seats in the superdome paid 650 bucks, When the Ball went threw the uprights, I got Goldberged by four old men, who I didnt know, and I didnt see the ball hit the back net. Its the first time I saw grown men cry for a football game. After the game we hit burbon st. and we saw L Milloy, he did the enzone dance with some of the boys and kept saying "were bringing it back to btown baby!". It was the best time of my life!!! Pats win..Burbon st...booze..broads..hanging with the boys!! what more can you ask for.

The Raiders game I was sitting at home with my wife and a couple friends. One of them happened to be a Raiders fan. He was pretty mad at the end of the night.

The Steelers game I watched by myself in the comfort of my own home.

The Super Bowl I watched at my father in law's bar. I can count the number of times I have been that drunk on one hand.

Raiders game: At home in E. Providence by myself. I had an early flight the next morning and would go outside and shovel the snow off my car during timeouts. I was so pumped after the game that I got almost no sleep that night.

Steelers game: At home with my dad. We didn't sit down once during the game. My dad actually predicted that Bledsoe would come in and win the game for us before kickoff, I kid you not.

Super Bowl: At a party at my mother in law's house. I was too nervous to eat or drink. Closest I've come to throwing up while watching a game. I screamed so loud after Adam's kick that I made my then-1 year old cry. I still get teary thinking about it.

I attended the Raiders Snow Bowl game in Foxboro.

I watched the Pitts game at home alone in Orlando, Fl.

I attended the Super Bowl in New Orleans.

I had the pleasure of attending 6 games in person that year.
The whole year was kind of a blur. I, like BB, was amazed the
Pats won the Super Bowl with that team.

PatsWorldChamps said:
1. Left the raider team hotel, after eating their munchies and meeting their DC (my friend went to school w/him)... got delayed in traffic, but made it in the stadium in plenty of time for kickoff

2. Watched at home, called my steelers friend during game (many times); told him my tv went out... he stopped answering.

3. 50 yard line in the superdome... actually threw my full $7 beer in excitement on Laws interception... damn, that sucked when it came back! anyways, obviously well worth it
You $##*&$%$# Lucky Son of a &*%^!!!!!!!!!

;)

Man, I envy you guy who got to see the Bowl live. I still haven't gotten to see a Pats game live yet.

Last edited:
PatsWorldChamps said:

Wow! That's pretty sweet.

Raiders -- Watched it at a friend's house. After Brady's "fumble", I was so pissed that I walked out of the room. He called me back in when the refs reversed the call. I was happy!

Steelers -- Watched it at same friend's house. I was a HUGE Bledsoe fan and I cheered so loud when he threw that TD to Patten.

Rams -- Went to a Super Bowl party and honestly didn't think we had much of a chance. I, too, wanted Bledsoe to start the game. Thank goodness he didn't!

i was alone in front of the tv, sitted on sofa exulting like a kid...

good moments...

when Adam made it (the kick against STL)...i was on knees with my arms raised up...

when i went to bed i was so happy and the day after when i open my eyes i was much more satisfied and happy then before...

I watched all three games at home.

I will never forget the feeling after Adam kicked the field goal to win the Super Bowl. We were jumping around the living room. Fire works went off in the neighborhood right after the field goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back