PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where is the twitter feed?

PP2

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
There's no twitter feed on this new version of the forum. Is that a customizable thing? Anything I need to do to bring that back?

Reactions: Ian
There's no twitter feed on this new version of the forum. Is that a customizable thing? Anything I need to do to bring that back?
It’s there, you might just be on a lower resolution screen (there’s a sidebar on the right for desktop mode). However, I’m working on making that available on mobile and tablets, so yes, there is something in the works for that ;)

It’s there, you might just be on a lower resolution screen (there’s a sidebar on the right for desktop mode). However, I’m working on making that available on mobile and tablets, so yes, there is something in the works for that ;)

I'm sorry, I'm not seeing it. I'm not sure resolution is a problem since I'm on a 3 year old macbook pro.

EDIT: I did zoom out and see it now, but now text is very small. It appears to be a formatting issue. The message posts seem to be formatted to be centered in the browser window and that pushes the twitter window off the page.

Last edited:
Here's a screen capture.

Attachments

• screencapture.png
    screencapture.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
Here's a screen capture.
Yes, but you should be able to zoom in to a reasonable level and still have it be there. I think 1920px width was the average window size that I formatted it for and it’s readable on my notebook. I wanted to widen the forum itself (something many had requested) so I moved everything out to the space on the right that was previously empty for that sidebar.

Yes, but you should be able to zoom in to a reasonable level and still have it be there. I think 1920px width was the average window size that I formatted it for and it’s readable on my notebook. I wanted to widen the forum itself (something many had requested) so I moved everything out to the space on the right that was previously empty for that sidebar.

The text becomes too small to read tolerably.

What about putting the feeds on the left side instead? That way it never gets pushed out of the browser window.

I miss the thread ignore option. Is it there and I can't find it or was it eliminated? I had a nice tidy forum list before the change now it's back to being a clusterfudge.

I miss the thread ignore option. Is it there and I can't find it or was it eliminated? I had a nice tidy forum list before the change now it's back to being a clusterfudge.
That's also coming. I've had a list of things I'm slowly crossing off. Work has been a little crazy as of late but that's one that shouldn't be too far off.

The text becomes too small to read tolerably.

What about putting the feeds on the left side instead? That way it never gets pushed out of the browser window.
It's the same issue. When you reduce the resolution size, it's an even tradeoff on both the left and right hand side. The smaller the browser window, both spaces reduce at the same rate. And then once it reaches a certain point, I have it set to where it "hides". So even if it was on the left, it would also disappear. But I do have a plan for it and hopefully I'll have some time in the near future to work on it.

Reactions: PP2
It's the same issue. When you reduce the resolution size, it's an even tradeoff on both the left and right hand side. The smaller the browser window, both spaces reduce at the same rate. And then once it reaches a certain point, I have it set to where it "hides". So even if it was on the left, it would also disappear. But I do have a plan for it and hopefully I'll have some time in the near future to work on it.

Or maybe stack it vertically? Eliminate the sidebars so you don't have resolution issue. You could format the news and twitter feed in a ticker tape widget, moving right to left and if viewers see something they want more information on, they can just click on it or just let it go out of the window.

Or maybe stack it vertically? Eliminate the sidebars so you don't have resolution issue. You could format the news and twitter feed in a ticker tape widget, moving right to left and if viewers see something they want more information on, they can just click on it or just let it go out of the window.
LOL, funny you should say that because that's exactly what I've been toying with, with the idea of having it work similar to how the "other forums" band works at the top of the forum, particularly on mobile. The challenge is getting the embeds to render correctly height-wise horizontally, but I've been playing around with it and it is potentially one of the solutions.

LOL, funny you should say that because that's exactly what I've been toying with, with the idea of having it work similar to how the "other forums" band works at the top of the forum, particularly on mobile. The challenge is getting the embeds to render correctly height-wise horizontally, but I've been playing around with it and it is potentially one of the solutions.

Good luck with it. Hopefully it works out- would be an absolutely great feature.

• ThankU!
Good luck with it. Hopefully it works out- would be an absolutely great feature.
Thanks, and I appreciate the suggestions. I'm always looking at was to tweak this place and it's cool getting this type of feedback :D

This is fixed BTW, just added this last night which now takes care of lower resolution screens and mobile:

This is fixed BTW, just added this last night which now takes care of lower resolution screens and mobile:

Do I need to clear cache/history for that new feature to load?

It depends - it's designed for mobile or lower resolution screens. If you're on a desktop with full-width and can see the normal bar on the right, it won't be there. But if you zoom in, or if you're on a tablet or your phone, you'll see the twitter icon in the top bar.

Ah, nevermind....the development permissions where only I could view it didn't drop off. I just refreshed it and now it's appearing on my test account. Let me know if you're able to see it.

Sorry about that...I cleared out some unneeded code and it reset the development mode, which had it viewable to only me. Try it out and tell me what you think :)

I see it now, thanks. I really like this new feature and appreciate you putting it in. Is it possible to customize whose tweets show up? Seems like there are some irrelevant tweets that have slipped through- see screen capture attached

Attachments

• sc2.png
    sc2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
Sorry about that...I cleared out some unneeded code and it reset the development mode, which had it viewable to only me. Try it out and tell me what you think :)

Not sure if you saw above message.

Also- I seem to remember there was a way to customize who shows up in the twitter feed- is that feature still there?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back