PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where does your Super Bowl interest level rank compared to others?

honestly, its going to be pretty fun being able to watch and not have a vested interest. the last few years its be stressful.

This year i can eat food, and enjoy myself and if i get bored go do something else.

It's going to be my first Super Bowl game, ever!

Side note: Iran better not get any ideas once i board the plane...

IMG_20200131_152301.jpg

I think it's a great match-up & haven't been this excited for a Super Bowl not involving the Pats since the Montana days.

But I've been shocked with how little buzz there is around the game. I'm not sure Impeachment has absorbed everyone's attention leaving nothing left for the Superb, or if we've been so spoiled with Brady & Manning, that it doesn't really feel like a Superbowl without them. Either way, no one seems to care about this game.

Higher than anyone without Tom except possibly 48

Here’s a ridiculously comprehensive breakdown by Barnwell.

The best 49ers-Chiefs preview you'll read: Barnwell makes his pick

@BaconGrundleCandy

He likes a close game but cites the Chiefs really weak run defense (29th in NFL; 32nd when teams use motion and and run) as one of the major factors. Makes the point that this is a very different attack than Tennessee; for one, stacking the box doesn’t work against it the same way it would other rushing attacks. Chiefs weakness is at linebacker, and it’s hard to get around this mismatch. 49ers just absolutely annihilated every bad run defense this season.

27-23 49ers is the prediction
Good stuff!

Here’s a ridiculously comprehensive breakdown by Barnwell.

The best 49ers-Chiefs preview you'll read: Barnwell makes his pick

@BaconGrundleCandy

He likes a close game but cites the Chiefs really weak run defense (29th in NFL; 32nd when teams use motion and and run) as one of the major factors. Makes the point that this is a very different attack than Tennessee; for one, stacking the box doesn’t work against it the same way it would other rushing attacks. Chiefs weakness is at linebacker, and it’s hard to get around this mismatch. 49ers just absolutely annihilated every bad run defense this season.

27-23 49ers is the prediction

I disagree with Barnwell’s take on the Chiefs run D. Their run D limited the Texans and Titans to 94 and 85 yards, respectively. From Week 11 on it was much better than it was earlier. A lot of that improvement was at LB where Wilson and Hitchens got better because they got comfortable with Spags exotic schemes. Nobody was getting it (especially at LB) in Week 8 when they lost to the Packers without Mahomes.

Sorta bleh. Rooting lukewarm for Jimmy G, ex-Patriot. Think KC may have the edge. Plan to watch but may not. Will see.
Wicked Pissed that nobody, NOBODY is having a SB party. I only try to go to parties if Pats aren't in it as watching Pats SB is a religious experience for me. It seems here in West Coast FL that there is minimal interest in this SB.

I’m pretty exited. It should be a solid game and I love the food and beer on super bowl Sunday.

This is always a fun time of year. Even if the Pats aren’t in it, you see so many Super Bowl highlights shows re-airing and you get to relive the Pats SB wins.

honestly, its going to be pretty fun being able to watch and not have a vested interest. the last few years its be stressful.

"Awwww, so happy you're not going to be stressed out this year, you poor baby." - response to me by the legion of non-Pats fans I live around when i gave that same answer.

Regards,
Chris

This is tough to answer because a disproportionate amount of Super Bowls over the past 20 years have had the Patriots in them. Obviously my excitement level for this would pale in comparison to those.

But IF we take the Patriots Super Bowls away, this is actually one of the ones I am most looking forward to. I’m expecting an exciting game.

Seems chiefs fans more then 49ers fans are expected at the game

Not surprising. More passionate fan base in KC.

Regards,
Chris

If you mean desperate then sure. That’s what 50 years without even a conference championship will do. Almost like the Red Sox fans pre-2004. I don’t think one fan base is really more passionate than another though, besides freak cases like the “LA” Rams last year.

Not excited at all but I will be watching and rooting for the 49ers to win. So for one day I will be a 49ers fan and hopefully I'll enjoy a very entertaining superbowl without having a near heart attack for once. That's the one great thing about the pats not being in it.

I think I am rooting for K.C. mainly because I like Reid and Mahomes.

I just hope for a great Superbowl like SB 44 between the Colts/Saints or SB 43 between the Cardinals/Steelers.

Gonna be gambling heavily though.......

I'm torn.

Don't want the 'niners fans to be all "we're back and we're gonna get seven before the pats or steelers," but I also really like Jimmy G and would like to see a BB protege take home the bling.

On the other side, I have strong feelings about the crying the Chiefs' fans did after losing last year's AFCCG without getting the ball in OT...duh, defense is part of the game. But, Andy Reid is apparently a genuinely nice guy, truly turned around a moribund Eagles' franchise and almost got it over the final hurdle without a true Franchise QB and arguably deserves a ring to cap off his career.

All of the obvious story lines have been played out in the media all week...keep Mahomes off the field...do to him what Tennessee successfully did to MVP Jackson by making him run laterally...get the SF running game in gear early.

I think the one intangible is that the pressure is more on KC and Reid than SF and Jimmy G. So, I'm giving a (very) slight edge to SF, especially if they run the clock and get up a score or two early.

But, i agree with everyone who says it could be a great game. Definitely taking the over.

I'll watch, but I can't say I'm excited either way.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back