When Pats win vs Jags schedule set - Sun at 1 or Sat at 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From the Globe:

Should the Patriots win this week and face Indianapolis in the next round, that game would be played Sunday, Jan. 15, at 1 p.m. If New England tops Jacksonville and Pittsburgh beats Cincinnati, the Patriots would travel to Denver, where they would face the Broncos Saturday, Jan. 14, at 8 p.m.
http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...06/01/04/harrison_lends_moral_support/?page=2

That wouldl be another cold game in Denver, Patriots weather.

Last edited:
Well, I expect they'll be playing in Denver, so much for the extra day of preparation/rest prediction. On the other hand, I look forward to another Belichick/Shanahan battle, this time with our coordinators coaching with a full season's worth of in-game adjustment experience.

PatsRI said:
From the Globe:

Should the Patriots win this week and face Indianapolis in the next round, that game would be played Sunday, Jan. 15, at 1 p.m. If New England tops Jacksonville and Pittsburgh beats Cincinnati, the Patriots would travel to Denver, where they would face the Broncos Saturday, Jan. 14, at 8 p.m.
http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...06/01/04/harrison_lends_moral_support/?page=2

Dontcha think it's also Denver weather?.....and Denver altitude?

Last edited:
Box_O_Rocks said:
Well, I expect they'll be playing in Denver, so much for the extra day of preparation/rest prediction. On the other hand, I look forward to another Belichick/Shanahan battle, this time with our coordinators coaching with a full season's worth of in-game adjustment experience.

Plus, as long as the Jags don't injure Corey and Kevin, we won't be seeing Patrick Pass getting 20 carries that day either (altho' he didn't do badly at all against Denver).

Was that the "oh my thigh game"?

mgcolby said:

No, that was the first Bills game, I think. IMO Pass single-handedly brought the Pats back in the Denver game, when the offense, defense, and coaching staff QUIT early in the third quarter. Truly the most disgusted I've ever been watching the Patriots since that 31-0 loss to Buffalo in '03/

With apologies to Kansas City, Denver is probably THE hardest place for a visiting team to play. The acoustics are such that it is absolutely deafening for the visiting offense to function. I feel much better going into Indy than Denver.

mgcolby said:
Shiff happens, if the guy was consistently pulling up lame and losing the ball I'd be worried. Since he's running with Dillon-like power and Faulk-like quickness this season, I'm grateful to have him and the curve ball he brings to the running game. With a healthy Dillon, you have to really like the RB foursome the Pats have accumulated.

it could be difficult any of the two but if i have to give my choice...Denver.

Pass was an BEAST in that game - probably his best game ever.

That being said, he was a one man show that day. We had no Dillon or Falk. No Seymour, Bruschi, Hawkins, etc.

shmessy said:
Pass was an BEAST in that game - probably his best game ever.

That being said, he was a one man show that day. We had no Dillon or Falk. No Seymour, Bruschi, Hawkins, etc.

More to the point, we DID have Duane Starks.

I've always like Pass but that fumble was inexcusable, I won't beat a dead horse because we all know that was debated on here for an extended period of time. I was simply wondering if that was the game, that he fumbled.

PatsRI said:
From the Globe:

It's scheduled to be 60 degrees in Denver on Saturday, so it won't be that cold Saturday night.

NEM said:
If they do go to Denver, they should leave at least one day earlier than usual to get aclimated to the altitude change.

That won't make one iota of a difference. I know. I've been there, many times.

To get acclimated, in every sense of the word, to the higher altitude, you need to do so over a fairly lengthy period of time. One day won't make a difference.

Of course, if you want to use the extra day to shop, ski or sight-see, that's a different matter altogether!

Patriotic Fervor said:
It's scheduled to be 60 degrees in Denver on Saturday, so it won't be that cold Saturday night.

We're not playing Denver THIS Saturday.

Last edited:
shmessy said:
We're not playing Denver THIS Saturday.

True, but the point is, winters out in Denver are pretty mild. In the past I've played golf out there on New Years.

We could get a cold game, I guess, but I wouldn't bet the mortgage on that.

Patriotic Fervor said:
---------------------------------------------------------------

Kool-Aid people...Kool-Aid.....someone get these people something to drink...if we are looking to Denver we are doomed... :eek:

If the Patriots win this thing this year... it will be a MUCH bigger achievement than 2001.

It's been warm and dry out here in the plains. So check the weather forecast in advance of going to Denver.

None of it matters if we fail to beat Jax of course.

Back to that Denver game, if you take out the big plays of Rod Smith against Duane Strarks, we win that game.

QuinielaBox said:
It's been warm and dry out here in the plains. So check the weather forecast in advance of going to Denver.

None of it matters if we fail to beat Jax of course.

Back to that Denver game, if you take out the big plays of Rod Smith against Duane Strarks, we win that game.

Agreed. Of course, if you take out two of our scoring plays, then we lose by a bigger margin.

shmessy said:
Dontcha think it's also Denver weather?.....and Denver altitude?

Yeah, but I don't think Plummer is undefeated like Brady is (if you don't count the Miami game last week) below 30 degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back