PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When does the draft start tomorow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB15

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
When does the draft start tomorow?

12pm EST, 15 min/pick for the first round, which will take too damn long. I enjoy the later rounds more better pace.

patsfan13 said:
12pm EST, 15 min/pick for the first round, which will take too damn long. I enjoy the later rounds more better pace.
Officially...unofficially...5pm last tuesday

noon... barring a trade, we should pick between 4 and 6PM

Yeah, you can sleep in till 4pm no problem..... We may not pick till 5 or 6pm if there's a trade down......

i doubt the first round is going to take that long this year the record was last year just over 4 hours and with the first pick done and maybe even the second (I heard NO is working a deal with Bush) we might be pick be fore i ahve to leave for work at 230-300

A.C Vegas said:
i doubt the first round is going to take that long this year the record was last year just over 4 hours and with the first pick done and maybe even the second (I heard NO is working a deal with Bush) we might be pick be fore i ahve to leave for work at 230-300
I wouldnt count on it unless we trade up

shhh don't ruin my hopes and dreams i might have to fake my own death to see partf the draft

sweet cause I have to work this morning and will be home in time for 12, thats awsome

I assue the draft will be on tv not just nfl network, im talking like tsn

DB15 said:
sweet cause I have to work this morning and will be home in time for 12, thats awsome

I assue the draft will be on tv not just nfl network, im talking like tsn
ESPN carries the draft.

If possible, join me in telling ESPN to stuff their foolishness and watch the inaugural draft coverage on the NFL Network. Rich Eisen, Mike Mayock (better than Kiper) and Rams safety (and noted draftnik) Corey Chavous will anchor the coverage with Adam Schefter reporting.

Or you can suffer through the ridiculous antics of Chris Berman, Tom Jackson and Michael Irvin to pick up the very sparse tidbits offered by Mel or Chris Mortensen. Watch as reasoned NFL observers like Mike Tirico and Trey Wingo battle to get a word in amongst yapping dogs like Sean Salisbury, but to no avail.

Anybody who watched the NFLN draft special last night already knows that they are planning serious, hysteria-free coverage, and will hit the spot far better than ESPN. Mayock and Chavous were outstanding in their analysis of various tipping points in today's draft (such as which QB goes at #3, what the Jets do at #4, why teams like the Patriots are hoping for a run on quarterbacks early, and so on) and Schefter was solid in reporting live on the Mario Williams situation, as well as frequent updates on Javon Walker. And again, former BC and NY Giant defensive back Mike Mayock's informed and agenda-free prospect scouting will once again be vastly superior to anything that Mel can offer.

ESPN's draft cut-in to the 7 PM was largely dominated by Chris Berman doing his 'greatness of the Raiders' voice. Later, this foolishness will continue as they completely ignore (save for a crawl on the bottom of their enormously cluttered screen) every pick made after #32 so that they can interview the same people about the same first round picks, over and over, for the rest of the weekend.

Say NO to ESPN, if you can. You'll be glad you did.

DraftInfo.gif

dr said:
ESPN carries the draft.
yea I dont get that up here in Canada

I think tsn picks up the coverage from espn

Sunday , it starts at 11 AM and usually rund until 5 or 6PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back