PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's wrong with Welker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you serious? The moron I was adressing said Satele has had no impact so I was showing him how uniformed and stupid he is. Read the thread before you reply.

Just so I understand here - you are calling me a moron, uninformed, and stupid because I thought it was silly that you claimed the Dolphin's center was having a greater impact than Wes Welker?

You, my friend, are a bird-brain of the highest order.

Nice blog, though.

Yeah but Gaffney had 87 yards and a HUGE TD catch last night, that was my point.
Correct, and a below average receiver can look great a few games with a star QB. You can't do it week in and week out like Wes Welker does it without being very good.

This guy caught 70 balls for 700 yards with those 2 stiffs Joey Harrington and Daunte Culpepper as his QB. He does a phenominal job of getting open and that's a receivers job. I don't care if he's not 6'3, 215, runs a 4.40...he's obviously very good and much better than you are willing to give him credit for. He is the best slot receiver in the NFL.

Last edited:
Correct, and a below average receiver can look great a few games with a star QB. You can't do it week in and week out like Wes Welker does it without being very good.

This guy caught 70 balls for 700 yards with those 2 stiffs Joey Harrington and Daunte Culpepper as his QB. He does a phenominal job of getting open and that's a receivers job. I don't care if he's not 6'3, 215, runs a 4.40...he's obviously very good and much better than you are willing to give him credit for. He is the best slot receiver in the NFL.

Look at all the attention Randy Moss required. The Eagles made a much bigger effort of stopping Moss and they had to sacrifice something. They'd rather have Wes catch a 10 yard pass then have Randy go for 40. Let Wes have his stats, that game plan kept the Eagles in the game and that's something no one else has done.

I just don't see the "amazing skill" it takes to go it motion, run a swing route, catch a lateral pass from about 20 feet then run for 10 yards where you go down on first contact. I saw him do that at least 3 times last night.

Last edited:
I just don't see the "amazing skill" it takes to go it motion, run a swing route, catch a lateral pass from about 20 feet then run for 10 yards where you go down on first contact. I saw him do that at least 3 times last night.
And the other 10 catches last night? Other 78 catches he has this year? Those didn't require skill at all?

Man, the Patriots should sign me for half a million. I have no skill and apparently don't need it. I could catch 120 passes for 1300 yards for a lot cheaper than Wes Welker!!!

Last edited:

OK it's obvious you're not very bright so I'll try to keep it simple.

1. Catch ball
2. Run forward
3. Get first downs, move chains
4. Maintain (that means keep) possession (that means hold of the ball)
5. Score, often

It's amazing because even when the other team knows what's going to happen, they still can't stop him. Do you understand now or do I need to send you some crayons?

I can't believe some of your perceptions. (Not just you, all of you.) Product of the system ring a bell to you? Wes wouldn't have half those numbers any where else. And for the last time, since you guys are all impervious to knowing anything besides the Patriots, we didn't "get rid of him" we traded him and drafted a player having a much bigger impact then lil Wessy would.

I know you have argued long and hard over the months that Welker is not that good a receiver. And I agree with you that Welker probably doesn't put up numbers nearly this good on almost any other team. But even numbers two thirds this good (which he would put up on a number of teams) would be great numbers for a slot receiver. As it actually is, his numbers put him at or near the top of the NFL in receptions.

Welker played a monster game last night which is acknowledged by almost everyone. He was a major factor in the Patriot's win (not to discount Asante Samuel or Tom Brady as other major factors). He's not just a complementary receiver; he's a very good receiver in his own right that teams need to double-team to stop. If they don't, he gets open and gets first downs and, not infrequently, touchdowns (7 in 11 games).

Perhaps someday you'll actually appreciate the significance of what Welker is doing. But I'm not convinced that that day will ever come. That being said, I'll enjoy wearing my Wes Welker shirt as Wes Welker's picture is rightfully displayed on the horse trailer as the star of the game.

I watched his interview, but didn't notice anything, but some guy on weei, Lenny, always says, "right", Right."

It drives me CRAZY!!!

This thread sucks

Homage to Wes:

•At the Indianapolis Scouting Combine, Wes Welker’s 40-yard dash time was 1.7 seconds. When scouts double-checked their stopwatches, they saw it had shrunk to 0.7 seconds. They then brought the data to NASA to see if such a speed was humanly possible. NASA said yes, it’s possible, if you’re Wes Welker. NASA then officially petitioned the government to change our unit of time from “seconds” to “Welkers.” This prompted Hollywood to change popular movie titles to Gone in 60 Welkers, Thirty Welkers Over Tokyo, and the Italian classic Trenta Welkeri D’amore (Thirty Welkers of Love)

•Wes Welker once ran so fast that he went back in time and lined up against Ronnie Lott, **** “Night Train” Lane, Mel Blount, Mel Renfro, Willie Brown, and Mike Haynes — one against six. He caught one slant pass and burned them so bad, they’ve since been removed from the Hall of Fame.

from Mark St. Amant, Fifth Down Blog

You know, I don't think it's, you know, that big of a deal. As long as he keeps producing, he can, you know, say whatever he wants.

We have a new record. In Welker's 7 or 8 minute press conference today he used the phrase "y'know" or "you know" 55 times. Congrats Wes.

He's answered four post-game questions and said "you know" 18, maybe 20 times. Why?

...because he truly is the reincarnation of Troy Brown. All he needs to do now is play some nickel.

I can't believe some of your perceptions. (Not just you, all of you.) Product of the system ring a bell to you? Wes wouldn't have half those numbers any where else. And for the last time, since you guys are all impervious to knowing anything besides the Patriots, we didn't "get rid of him" we traded him and drafted a player having a much bigger impact then lil Wessy would.

Why did he play so well with Miami last year? I was at the Miami game in Foxboro and he was a pain in the ass.

Not well educated. A lot of players in the NFL are like that. Same comes along with dogging your former team and telling opposing DBs they "******* suck." Such cleaver words.

Speaking of uneducated.

Or are you referring to Eldridge?

lol. You guys do realize you are responding to comments made 2 and a half months ago right?

ya know, I really don't care as long as ya know he keeps catching the ball and running.

ya know what i mean?

lol. You guys do realize you are responding to comments made 2 and a half months ago right?

Well, you know, I didn't realize that, you know.

But I'll say this. To quote X-Ray Spex, "You know, you know, ya knowya knowya know."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes