PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn’t the flu. I feel sorry for anyone that believes that. He did something to chap BB’s ass the wrong way and the result was the worst defensive performance I’ve ever seen out of this team in a postseason game.
It sends one hell of a message, though. "I benched this guy because of what he did, and the defense sucked, and I kept him benched, and we lost. If you want to play, and you want to win, you better keep your **** together because your ass WILL remain benched even if it costs us all a ring."

I agree. The biggest problem on that side of the ball was tackling. Butler is one of the best tacklers in the secondary. It's going to be interesting to see what he did to get benched. If that was a game plan decision because BB and that fat slob Patricia believed it was their best chance to win, then they should have made that correction at halftime.

BB sure proved his point right? SMH. fu(k!ng ******ed.

It sends one hell of a message, though. "I benched this guy because of what he did, and the defense sucked, and I kept him benched, and we lost. If you want to play, and you want to win, you better keep your **** together because your ass WILL remain benched even if it costs us all a ring."

Thanks for the laugh. I needed that.

I agree. The biggest problem on that side of the ball was tackling. Butler is one of the best tacklers in the secondary. It's going to be interesting to see what he did to get benched. If that was a game plan decision because BB and that fat slob Patricia believed it was their best chance to win, then they should have made that correction at halftime.
Tackling was a huge problem, but that 3rd and 12 conversion and the first TD were given up by Rowe. It was more than tackling that was the problem.

If the reports are true that Malcom was benched the entire game for being a day late cuz of the flu... That would be letting ego get in the way of winning the superbowl. That is the exact opposite of "doing what is best for the team". If* the reports are true, maybe it is time for BB to hang them up.

Then he should be fired.

I have been (and continue to be) a huge BB supporter. But, I’ll be hard pressed to be onboard with this if it is a minor infraction...

Agreed. Really inexcusable decision. Not sure why posters are saying Philly doesn't deserve it.

Belichick should not have benched Butler for this entire game. It is inexcusable for him to make a decision like that in the Super Bowl.

Belichick’s arrogance and stupidity cost us this game. Brady was unable to cover up Belichick’s mistake today as he has so many times in the past 20 years.

I’m whole heartedly disappointed in Belichick and him putting his need to send a message to a player who has helped him win 2 previous Super Bowls over the success of the team. There is nobody that can say we were better off with Rowe, Richards, etc. on the field.

Last edited:
I felt weird writing it, but that's what happened. :confused:

I have to believe that's not what happened. I mean, how could it? I just don't see BB benching a superior talent at CB because of ego. And if he did then he needs to reevaluate his future in this league. Then again, I've been day drinking so who knows if I'm making sense>

I have been (and continue to be) a huge BB supporter. But, I’ll be hard pressed to be onboard with this if it is a minor infraction...
I'm sitting here hoping that we find out that Butler committed some kind of crime or something, which is an insane thing to hope for, but that's about where we're at. Butler playing may very well have swung the game the other way with how bad the tackling was by the DBs.

I have to believe that's not what happened. I mean, how could it? I just don't see BB benching a superior talent at CB because of ego. And if he did then he needs to reevaluate his future in this league.
Yeah, I don't know. I have to believe that Butler was benched for some specific reason, but to keep the dude out even in the fourth quarter with the game on the line...

I'm sitting here hoping that we find out that Butler committed some kind of crime or something, which is an insane thing to hope for, but that's about where we're at. Butler playing may very well have swung the game the other way with how bad the tackling was by the DBs.

not too mention how many used him blitzing or pressure from the edge

Cash in Butler I know you will.

Agreed, this is inexcusable...41 points later and the
Most yards given up in Patriots playoff history. After what #21 has done for us, to do this to him, and to see him crying on the sideline is something I'll never forget...

You are a brain dead dolt. Our defense was a joke. Butler has not played well all year. We didnt do enough to win. If you blame bill you are a moron, cause our d was ****ing awful.
The KC game defense showed up at the worst time possible.

Understand that the defense hasn’t been challenged in quite some time. It got shredded in the Pittsburgh game without Antonio Brown. That was the last time it was truly tested.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back