PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What would BB do about Manny being Manny?

PittPatriot

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I know not everyone on the board is a BoSox fan...but many of us are. I have always found the Sox and Pats to be very different in how they manage their players...divas don't live in the Pats lockerroom. The Red Sox clubhouse strengthened after Diva #1 Nomar was shown the door. Now, Manny (is their a better overall hitter in my life time?) is being Manny again. What would Belichick do if he were in Terry Francona's shoes?

It is a loaded question because baseball is a far more individual sport than football, but I am curious as to how you guys feel about the situation.

It's the ol' George Carlin scenario; Football/baseball. Tho, way back when, in 67 Williams didn't take sheet from anyone.

I know not everyone on the board is a BoSox fan...but many of us are. I have always found the Sox and Pats to be very different in how they manage their players...divas don't live in the Pats lockerroom. The Red Sox clubhouse strengthened after Diva #1 Nomar was shown the door. Now, Manny (is their a better overall hitter in my life time?) is being Manny again. What would Belichick do if he were in Terry Francona's shoes?

It is a loaded question because baseball is a far more individual sport than football, but I am curious as to how you guys feel about the situation.
you cant compare the two for obvious reasons. its apples and oranges. baseball has guaranteed contracts football doesnt. if bb was the sox coach he would have to live with it just like francona does. francona's record speaks for itself. the first coach to win a redsox ws in 86 years and two in four. both with Manny on the team

Last edited:

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back