Search

What Song Are You Listening To Now?

2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
That's a HARD instrument - just the intonation: no frets, and 13 notes in like 6 inches of fingerboard!

But (lame joke alert) don't you think there's enough violins in today's world? Heh, good one huh? Damn I crack myself up.

Oh, I'm listening to Satie, solo piano. And if you like violin, check out Heifetz version of the 2nd movement of Brahms' violin concerto. I used to listen to that over and over when I was a kid. (Not trying to show off here: it really is beautiful.)

Never heard it before. Good call there.

BaconGrundleCandy

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Easily top 5 band for me. I love this song so much but it's not my favorite. Around 2:50 you'll hear one of the most underrated guitarist of all time. Greenwood is up there with the best of them. He's literally a musical genius.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Been revisiting early Genesis lately, simply amazing stuff.

Wow - that's a very young Peter Gabriel there

Interesting twist and turns for Genesis with Phil Collins launching his career (and yet another different direction for the band.)

Some of the early stuff doesn't do it for me musically but I appreciate it more looking at Peter Gabriel and the band as true "artists" in what was truly the fusion of music with art

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
I've been going back and listening to some classic Band having recently read Robbie Roberton's auto biography spanning pretty much the breadth and depth of Rock n roll

(he started playing professionally at 15 and pretty much met or played with a HUGE list of musical whos who from the mid 1950s through to present day)

One of the stories is about Clapton inducting the Band into the Rock n Roll Hall of fame and telling of how tried to try out for the band. In this scene from the Last Waltz (a must see Scorcese directed concert film that's quality start to finish) Robertson and Clapton have a little guitar duel and it seems to me that Robertson may have bested Clapton!

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Another guy I'm re-listening to (especially thanks to some good Youtube live jams) is Bruce ****burn - another guy who doesn't get the credit he's due as one of the best and most innovative guitar players