PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What positions would you like to see addressed this Offseason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayNM

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The offseason is one month away! Since we have the week off, we have time to think about other stuff.

This led me to think this:
We dont have any major deficiencies within our Squad.

I dont mean that we cant upgrade some positions, but if head to 2017 with this exact team, i would be a-ok.

Some positions that could be upgraded this off-season, in my opinion:

LBs - I'm only not considering this position weak beacause everyone is playing so well. Patricia built something incredible. That being said, Donta is a FA to be and, after him, we only have Elandon Roberts as a true ILB. If i had to guess what will we draft with our first pick, my bet would be on the linebacker postion.

Center - again, Andrews is doing pretty well. But the fact is that he is a undersized C. If there's someone very good in FA or in the Draft, i would like to see him donning the silver and blue.

Corner - i think Ryan leaves and, given the current state of the NFL, havin 3 solid CBs is huge. I'm not that confident in Cyrus Jones, but he coild surprise me.

Slot WR - Edelman is awesome. He's also 31 and a very physical player. Maybe Brady shares his youth potion with thw Squirrel, but we cant know for sure. Amendola has great hands, but he isnt great at separating from CBs, while being very expensive, considering the amount of time he is on the field, even when healthy. Grooming a Edelman replacement could be a good idea.

What positions would you want to see addressed?

Last edited:
TE: can't count on the Big guy Michigan's Jake Butt tore his ACL so he won't have a NFL Rookie season. It's going to be interesting to see when a Team pulls the trigger on him in the Draft.

TE has to be in there somewhere IMO. My I-know-nothing-compared-to-the-Pats-staff priorities would be:

1. LB
2. CB
3. TE
4. WR
5. OT (depth behind Solder and Cannon/Volmer)

I'd like to see LB addressed.

Defensive End/Outside Linebacker (Melvin Ingram or Draft)
Coverage Linebacker (Draft)
Safety if Harmon leaves (D.J. Swearinger/ John Cyprien/ Bradley McDougald)
Tight End (Draft
Cornerback if Ryan leaves

In no particular order, and via either free agency or draft:

LT: Solder being healthy has been a HUGE difference between this season and last season. I'd rather not
count on that happening 2 years in a row.

Big RB: As was the case with Solder, so is the case with Blunt.

Move TE: Especially if Bennett isn't re-signed.

WR: Even if Floyd is re-signed, he is certain to miss multiple games in 2017.

DE: Maybe even if Sheard is re-signed, which I very much hope happens. Ninko & Long are at the end
of the line, and are merely backup-caliber now. And GeeNo Grossem is nobody's answer to anybody's question.

DT: Branch is a UFA; and adding a 3-Tech would be nice too, such as Nick Fairley, for whom I've been pimping for the last 2 years.

Coverage LB: A full off-season for Van Noy and Mingo (2017 option?) will obviously help, but more
athleticism at the position is still needed.

CB: Even if Ryan is re-signed, an upgrade to Cy Jones, Jonny Jones & Justin Coleman are needed.

T: Need a good draft pick to learn and be ready
LB: Can't have enough LB's now a days
TE: we always draft a TE
DE: Suppose to be a deep draft, so lets Throw a drop line in the water and see.
DB: Like LB, if anyone looks good grab them.
SS: Would be nice, do they still have SS in college?:D

Defense defense defense

And back up tackle if they don't think Flemming is cutting it. However if Vollmer comes back he would be a great back up and be able to likely stay healthy in that role.

...so like every position except QB, K, P.

DT, DE, TE, Tackle, C, RB

Why are we talking about off season needs for a team that's three wins away from its fifth Lombardi trophy? I don't get it.
Have to agree

TE: can't count on the Big guy Michigan's Jake Butt tore his ACL so he won't have a NFL Rookie season. It's going to be interesting to see when a Team pulls the trigger on him in the Draft.

Seen a Jake Butt highlight video, we could pull the trigger on em idk haven't checked out other tight ends yet but definitely a strong guy and can make some plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots