PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What percentage of coaches would have put Flacco in

In all fairness that pass rush was brutal ...

how can anyone say Jump Ball Joe would have been better?

their left guard brough back nightmares of Max Lane vs the Bears in '85.

As for Lamar .... is there a such a thing as hand implants?

Was it the pass rush or the fact Jackson needed four seconds minimum to make a decision and cannot recognize blitzes to adjust protections or hit hot routes? That and scrambling around back there randomly and running backwards/sideways at the hint of pressure causes chaos in blocking schemes.

Was it the pass rush or the fact Jackson needed four seconds minimum to make a decision and cannot recognize blitzes to adjust protections or hit hot routes? That and scrambling around back there randomly and running backwards/sideways at the hint of pressure causes chaos in blocking schemes.
He was definitely confused on his first read ... then seemed to lose a second or 2 in panic.
Definitely not a pocket passer at this stage and the Chargers did a decent job of at least keeping him in the pocket through the first read with pressure on the sides and Jackson's running lanes closed through the middle.

Not playing Flacco was as much a business decision as a game decision. Baltimore has shut the door on Flacco and didn't want to open that door even a crack. Dummies.

Ignoring that Baltimore wants to separate from Flacco......97% of coaches (31/32) would have inserted the QB with actual passing skills

the spin is a perfect Harbawlism.."he got his feet wet...NEXT season we expect to win it all....wait, I can confirm that...."brrrrinnng...hello, NFL offices , may I help you" Oh yes Mr Harbaugh, Mr. Goodell is anxiously awaiting your call...please hold.."

...What surprised me was a stadium full of ratbirds fans wasn't chanting Flacco's name. After all they aren't concerned with injury guarantees.
The fanimals there might not have been chanting his name in unison, but they were booing throughout the 2nd half, and that booing became louder after each fruitless series. Jim Nantz had no choice but to mention it each time, that's how loud it was.
Finishing on such a high note might've given the Chargers a ton of confidence, but I really, Really wanted the Murderer-Worshippers to be completely embarrassed in front of their homies. I didn't want to see even those 2 late TDs to happen.

I put it at about 69.1572929472 percent of coaches

I wasn't at the game, but I heard there was a "Bledsoe" chant right before halftime of the Raiders-Pats playoff snow bowl. Just goes to show that fans don't know everything.

I mean, I was watching that game yesterday and figured Flacco would get a shot at the beginning of the fourth. I actually give Harbaugh credit for sticking with him. Jackson came alive in the fourth and we all act like it's a guarantee that Flacco would have been successful (obviously no guarantee).

I just don't get it. Year after year, running QBs come in and get hot during the regular season, only to get bounced if they are lucky enough to make it to the post season. How many have been successful? Cam Newton? Marginally. Randall Cunningham? Vick? Kaepernick? How many rings those guys have?

Bottom line is this: you can't win consistently in the NFL with a high school offense.

How much of that was Jackson just being unable to read the field or change plays/protections on the fly?

I wasn't at the game, but I heard there was a "Bledsoe" chant right before halftime of the Raiders-Pats playoff snow bowl. Just goes to show that fans don't know everything.

I mean, I was watching that game yesterday and figured Flacco would get a shot at the beginning of the fourth. I actually give Harbaugh credit for sticking with him. Jackson came alive in the fourth and we all act like it's a guarantee that Flacco would have been successful (obviously no guarantee).
I was there, and I don't recall that.

Just guessing, but the optics of putting him in when you've already committed to cutting him would seem odd.

I'm glad the Radbirds tanked so poorly. With Flacco all but gone, they have two run first quarterbacks in Jackson and RG3. Will they bring in a pocket QB as a change of pace or just keep 2 Qbs? Their draft looks interesting with Ozzie retiring.

Harbaugh would have stuck with Tony Eason in Super Bowl 20.

Based on several ravens forums game day threads, 88% of coaches that regularly post there would have put Flacco in.....I am assuming they are truly coaches based on their comments and knowledgeable claims of football acumen.

Was not aware Max Lane played for the Patriots in 1985. I think you meant against the Packers in 95. I expect more from a moderator.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back