PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What if.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady will get such extension before the season. And if he then regresses, nobody will take him and his contract and the Pats would take on dead money anyway.
The whole point is to prevent an astronomical amount of dead money

Also I think ESPN waaaay over did it with the ageing. I mean Tom posted this pic of himself TODAY

We've all heard how quick and drastic "the cliff" will be.

We've all heard how quick and drastic "the cliff" will be.
If I didn't read the hashtags I would guess he was pushing Fonzie's leather jackets

I don’t care what Brady does as long as he doesn’t film himself going down water slides screaming “wheeeeeeeeeeeee”

Since we have a lot of time this next month to SPECULATE on this and that, a thought occurred to me the other day when I heard this in a podcast. Here's the scenario.

Kyle Shanahan has always LOVED Kurt Cousins going back to his Washington days. Jimmy Garopolo's contract guarantees pretty much end after this season. SUPPOSE, for "some" reason, say more injuries, or mediocre results, or whatever, Jimmy doesn't have a great year and Cousins becomes available after another disappointing season with the Vikes, the situation arises for a massive trade.

The Vikings trade Cousins to the Niners, while the Niners trade JG BACK to the Pats.....and Brady retires with his 7th ring. :eek: The succession issue is completely solved as the Pats move on with a JG, Sidham combination.

IF hypothetically, Brady still wants to play the Pats could make him part of the trade. If Brady WAS to play for another team, sending him home to SF to finish his career with his "home town team" would be the most acceptable/best case scenario for Pats fans

I know this is rash speculation at it's best, BUT the more I thought about it, the more I thought it COULD become a possibility if things don't go well for JG this season. BTW, in the podcast, one of the narrators mentioned he thought Cousins was better than JG. I completely forgot who did the podcast. Of course that comment became the crux of this being a "possibility" for me.

Just an idle thought.
Please god make it stop

Sadly, this shows that Ken really needs to up his game for season posting.

Also I think ESPN waaaay over did it with the ageing. I mean Tom posted this pic of himself TODAY

That looks like a whole lotta Instagram filter and botox.

That looks like a whole lotta Instagram filter and botox.
Nah, definitely from a photo shoot. That is professional photographer techniques (ie, airbrushed etc). His marketing people didn’t take that photo for Instagram.

I was with you up to the point of Brady going to S.F. I stand with Kraft, Brady is a Patriot and will retire a Patriot. End of discussion!
Don’t stand TOO close to Kraft... he’s still a little bit yucky the spa...

Patriots get Jimmy G.
Niners get Kirk Cousins.
Vikings get pine scented candles.

???

Nah, I want to keep wheeling Brady back onto the field until we are sure he cannot play anymore.

Just a hunch but I never got the sense that JG even really wanted to be here, not that I blame him having to sit behind Brady for the next 20 years so I don't think that'd work out
It's Kyrie who didn't really want to be here.

Ian is all knowing but he ain’t god.
Coincidentally enough, this is the exact sentence that I mutter right before falling asleep every night.

Lots of dominoes to fall in place to make this happen, probably too many..

IMO the JG ship has sailed and it ain't coming back... 4 weeks to TC then other discussions (arguments to some) can begin..

Based on what besides sitting behind Brady?
Mostly a hunch based on his demeanor/interviews after the trade. I think the Brady thing aside, he seemed a little too happy to be traded away. Like I said before I get it because it meant a chance to start but he looked more relieved than excited lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes