Pick Results: SF: 38.2% at NE: 61.8%
Sun
Oct 25th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

PP2

Pro Bowl Player
Perhaps the tweet is incorrectly given to Cam Newton, don't know, but the guy does resemble him except without a funky looking hat.

Take politics and beliefs out of the equation of if a mask should be worn.

Don't believe in a wearing a mask, do wear one. Just don't complain about a businesses rights vs your own rights because the reality is you don't have a right to buy from anyone who wants to refuse your business FOR ANY REASON unless on certain grounds due to race or religious reasons (masks are not in that equation until some yahoo claims that he interprets his religious writings to "rights" as to not having to wear a mask in public).

That said, believe in a wearing a mask during this "medical climate", by all means wear it.

Thing is, Cam Newton just got tested positive for COVD19, and he puts a pic of himself on twitter (no account on my end, don't care about twitter, don't follow it), BUT, he (Cam Newtown) has a freaking mask on but isn't wearing it!

You may never have to question God's reasoning, but sometimes I can't help but think that God is thinking that you need to pull your head out of your arse. This is why if you want to bring God into the equation, THINK before you speak.

I consider myself a pretty religious guy, but I can curse like a sailor, but I also understand that actions speak louder than words. The actions Cam took IMO are pretty disparaging to himself IMO publicly. This is why you pay people to at least make you shine in a better light than who you are (full disclosure, I have no one on my payroll to make me look good, thus I'm posting this).

Please don't crucify me. There are more important things in life on what a football player does, just flashbacks on why I didn't like Cam on when he was in Carolina and I was actually liking/rooting for him in NE.

With the lighting of the pic added it was done in black and white, the post with image was given some time no doubt. Thing is, someone should say, hey, let's just take the mask off or why don't you wear it like you should (ironcially enough, he's wearing glasses which you don't see on the field).

View attachment 28823

FIrst time I saw it, I thought that was someone's grandma. I had to double check.

jimnance

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Simple

If you wear a mask, wear it properly or don't worry about wearing it at all (particularly when you want to get your image and thoughts for the world to see).

Can you comprehend that?

Ok Jethro, gonna make this easy even for you to understand.
You wear a mask when youre around other people. Cam is sitting by himself, probably alone at home. Why the fukk would he wear a mask?

JoeA

On the Roster
Ok Jethro, gonna make this easy even for you to understand.
You wear a mask when youre around other people. Cam is sitting by himself, probably alone at home. Why the fukk would he wear a mask?

Because Cam is a sports hero to some. What does some 12 year boy think when he see's that picture? What I see is "it's ok to wear a mask like I'm wearing it". Again, my only point is why even have the mask on?

PS I'm old enough to have had a crush on Elly May LOL

JoeA

On the Roster
I was just thinking we needed another Covid/mask thread on here.

I didn't bring it up, Cam did via his social post.

Like I mentioned before, wear the mask or don't. Don't do it half assed. Cam did it half assed and I'm disappointed in the way he handled it.

Some things are better left off social media. That picture is one.

Wordsmyth

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Perhaps the tweet is incorrectly given to Cam Newton, don't know, but the guy does resemble him except without a funky looking hat.

Take politics and beliefs out of the equation of if a mask should be worn.

Don't believe in a wearing a mask, do wear one. Just don't complain about a businesses rights vs your own rights because the reality is you don't have a right to buy from anyone who wants to refuse your business FOR ANY REASON unless on certain grounds due to race or religious reasons (masks are not in that equation until some yahoo claims that he interprets his religious writings to "rights" as to not having to wear a mask in public).

That said, believe in a wearing a mask during this "medical climate", by all means wear it.

Thing is, Cam Newton just got tested positive for COVD19, and he puts a pic of himself on twitter (no account on my end, don't care about twitter, don't follow it), BUT, he (Cam Newtown) has a freaking mask on but isn't wearing it!

You may never have to question God's reasoning, but sometimes I can't help but think that God is thinking that you need to pull your head out of your arse. This is why if you want to bring God into the equation, THINK before you speak.

I consider myself a pretty religious guy, but I can curse like a sailor, but I also understand that actions speak louder than words. The actions Cam took IMO are pretty disparaging to himself IMO publicly. This is why you pay people to at least make you shine in a better light than who you are (full disclosure, I have no one on my payroll to make me look good, thus I'm posting this).

Please don't crucify me. There are more important things in life on what a football player does, just flashbacks on why I didn't like Cam on when he was in Carolina and I was actually liking/rooting for him in NE.

With the lighting of the pic added it was done in black and white, the post with image was given some time no doubt. Thing is, someone should say, hey, let's just take the mask off or why don't you wear it like you should (ironcially enough, he's wearing glasses which you don't see on the field).

View attachment 28823
Is Cam maintaining"social distancing"? Is anybody within six feet? If not, according to these arbitrary, made-up rules, it doesn't matter.

JoeA

On the Roster
Is Cam maintaining"social distancing"? Is anybody within six feet? If not, according to these arbitrary, made-up rules, it doesn't matter.

Sincere question as I agree with you. Then why even wear the mask half assed anyways?

jimnance

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Because Cam is a sports hero to some. What does some 12 year boy think when he see's that picture? What I see is "it's ok to wear a mask like I'm wearing it". Again, my only point is why even have the mask on?

PS I'm old enough to have had a crush on Elly May LOL

I think youve been eating some of Grannys homemade soap.
But I agree about Elly May

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
I didn't bring it up, Cam did via his social post.

Like I mentioned before, wear the mask or don't. Don't do it half assed. Cam did it half assed and I'm disappointed in the way he handled it.

Some things are better left off social media. That picture is one.
He was literally sitting by himself. I appreciate some good ****posting as much as the next guy, but it needs to be funny.

borg

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I went to the Georgia Aquarium today.
Entering the facility, the aquarium photographers take family photos and ask everyone to remove their masks to better preserve the memory.
I ask the OP, give me 6 paragraphs on how my mask free photo op today triggered you to no end like Cam’s photo op did.
Thanks in advance

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
JoeA is another internet know-it-all that expects the world to conform to HIS particular paradigms. Good luck Joe....stay out of the high speed lane.

I think he’s more of a superior moral authority, but I’m still trying to figure out the point he’s trying to make

JoeA

On the Roster
JoeA is another internet know-it-all that expects the world to conform to HIS particular paradigms. Good luck Joe....stay out of the high speed lane.

I'm actually a pretty stupid guy and freely admit it.

What I saw by accident is a step backward by Cam Newton IMO. Yes, I also understand opinons are like buttholes...

Status
Not open for further replies.