Pick Results: SF: 35.1% at NE: 64.9%
Sun
Oct 25th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeA

On the Roster
Perhaps the tweet is incorrectly given to Cam Newton, don't know, but the guy does resemble him except without a funky looking hat.

Take politics and beliefs out of the equation of if a mask should be worn.

Don't believe in a wearing a mask, do wear one. Just don't complain about a businesses rights vs your own rights because the reality is you don't have a right to buy from anyone who wants to refuse your business FOR ANY REASON unless on certain grounds due to race or religious reasons (masks are not in that equation until some yahoo claims that he interprets his religious writings to "rights" as to not having to wear a mask in public).

That said, believe in a wearing a mask during this "medical climate", by all means wear it.

Thing is, Cam Newton just got tested positive for COVD19, and he puts a pic of himself on twitter (no account on my end, don't care about twitter, don't follow it), BUT, he (Cam Newtown) has a freaking mask on but isn't wearing it!

You may never have to question God's reasoning, but sometimes I can't help but think that God is thinking that you need to pull your head out of your arse. This is why if you want to bring God into the equation, THINK before you speak.

I consider myself a pretty religious guy, but I can curse like a sailor, but I also understand that actions speak louder than words. The actions Cam took IMO are pretty disparaging to himself IMO publicly. This is why you pay people to at least make you shine in a better light than who you are (full disclosure, I have no one on my payroll to make me look good, thus I'm posting this).

Please don't crucify me. There are more important things in life on what a football player does, just flashbacks on why I didn't like Cam on when he was in Carolina and I was actually liking/rooting for him in NE.

With the lighting of the pic added it was done in black and white, the post with image was given some time no doubt. Thing is, someone should say, hey, let's just take the mask off or why don't you wear it like you should (ironcially enough, he's wearing glasses which you don't see on the field).

CAM.png

luuked

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
The actions Cam took IMO are pretty disparaging to himself IMO publicly.

What actions ?

I have no clue how a IG pic of Cam where he went for more expressiveness by showing his mouth equals to some actions you seem to have an issue with.

Looks to me like you have -- for whatever reason -- some negative priors towards Cam and him contracting COVID is finally a chance cashing in on that to silence the cognitive dissonance that was building up while Cam was nailing all metrics of being a NEP QB.

JoeA

On the Roster
What actions ?

I have no clue how a IG pic of Cam where he went for more expressiveness by showing his mouth equals to some actions you seem to have an issue with.

Looks to me like you have -- for whatever reason -- some negative priors towards Cam and him contracting COVID is finally a chance cashing in on that to silence the cognitive dissonance that was building up while Cam was nailing all metrics of being a NEP QB.

Simple

Either take a picture of yourself wearing the mask, or don't have the mask on. DON'T wear a mask around your ears with the mask exposing both your mouth and nose.

Honestly, I didn't like Cam overall when he was with the panthers which with my limited post count (also noted I wasn't a panthers fan), and I freely admit it. I also noted that I was rooting for him (Cam) with the Patriots in those same previous posts.

Let me ask you this, exactly what good does wearing a mask like Cam has in the picture posted on twitter actually accomplish less your own medical beliefs during this medical crisis?

farn

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
I’m old. I’m out of touch. All of that.

The people I associate with (other than my children - who are still kids) don’t go on social media that often. I think many people, including millennials, could benefit from « cutting down » on narrating their lives on the www.

I like this forum : Stories, perspectives, info. Very little narration.

Last edited:

JoeA

On the Roster
No idea what OP is talking about. Bunch of gibberish.

As noted, exactly what does wearing a mask like Cam Newton has in his picture for the world to see accomplish?

If you believe in wearing a mask due to this medical issue affecting not only us, but the sport of pro football, don't you wear it around your mouth and nose?

If you don't believe in wearing a mask due to this medical issue affecting not only us, the the sport of pro football, why even wear one only to have it hanging off your chin???

Does that make less gibberish for you?

Didn't the NFL just come out talking about fining coaches for not wearing their face masks correctly?

JoeA

On the Roster
I’m old. I’m out of touch. All of that.

The people I associate with (other than my children - who are still kids) don’t go on social media that often. I think many people, including millennials, could benefit from « cutting down » on narrating their lives on the www.

I completely agree with you.

Just looking for the time and date for the Pats Chiefs game, and came across it.

I'm old enough that I had to look up what millennials meant in the past. They (millennials) come across as a bunch of dumb butts LOL

JoeA

On the Roster
What I don't like about Cam is that he has never publicly acknowledged the late Regis Philbin as a leader and influencer of the monochromatic fashion movement.

I get the joke. Perhaps if you look close enough at Cam's social posts, he addresses it. Not certain (I'm being sarcastic as well).

jimnance

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
As noted, exactly what does wearing a mask like Cam Newton has in his picture for the world to see accomplish?

If you believe in wearing a mask due to this medical issue affecting not only us, but the sport of pro football, don't you wear it around your mouth and nose?

If you don't believe in wearing a mask due to this medical issue affecting not only us, the the sport of pro football, why even wear one only to have it hanging off your chin???

Does that make less gibberish for you?

Didn't the NFL just come out talking about fining coaches for not wearing their face masks correctly?
Still have no idea what youre trying to say.
You dont either.

JoeA

On the Roster
Still have no idea what youre trying to say.
You dont either.

Simple

If you wear a mask, wear it properly or don't worry about wearing it at all (particularly when you want to get your image and thoughts for the world to see).

Can you comprehend that?

JoeA

On the Roster
That was a whole lot of writing to say nothing of value by the OP

Point being I liked Cam for everything he did and said for the Pats both publicly and via social media when he came to the Pats. He worked hard to get where he's at.

What I posted per my thread reminded me of his (Cam's) social media when he was in Carolina and he didn't think before he posted anything.

Seems like a regression per social media on his behalf.

That said, as Cam said himself, "never question God", so we will see how it plays out for him.

JoeA

On the Roster
there is no god

We will all find out sooner or later, won't we? :)

For myself, the issue isn't bringing God into the equation, the issue is using your brain before posting something on social media for the world to see.

However, one could argue that posting something negative about Cam Newton on this forum wasn't using my brain on my end. I get it:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.