SOURCE:WEEI

SOURCE:CSNNE

SOURCE:MASSLive

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Mental Toughness
Cyrus Jones had a tough rookie season, and he's already hard at work getting ready to try and bounce back in 2017.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Happy to see you doing your thing. Come by the station one day and say hello. We could learn a sports take or two f… https://t.co/GzQccKYD8E

Credit to @AndyWEEI and @YoungBenWEEI for their musical range. Need to hear some old school Tribe on Friday. Bump "… https://t.co/kE3EJ6Vb96

Had some crazy times with these guys!! Check out episode 4 of #MVP only on @go90 https://t.co/ZcWWB2GoyR https://t.co/atSmLtEaDS

All that aside, I can't figure out the B's. Help me out. Legit or not? https://t.co/KAJs5VIo8z

I'm a Tevin fan. Just had to tease one of our callers, Harris from Roxbury, who yrs ago gave me a CD of Campbell's… https://t.co/A6xne4QNNA

RT @CamCox12: Going through some old video. Found @ASTATE_8 running wild for @saguarofootball. @12newscoop with the call. #FridayNightFever

No question. Was jacked when I found out. New favorite player. https://t.co/12mEDxzEj5

Stopped by @BostonRedHat tonight for the first time in about a decade. Glad I did. Don't ever change!

RT @ra63376: @AlbertBreer "Hit the tight end so hard his girlfriend dies"

RT @tobinhoward: @AlbertBreer "Kill the Quarterback. Hit the Tight End so hard his girlfriend dies. Kill everybody..."

RT @fubar004: @AlbertBreer "I can read. You see that? That says Adidas"

@jCacc44 pools are perfect for holding water

What happened to the politics section?

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by thecore762, Feb 4, 2017.

1. thecore762

thecore762 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,261
    Just wondering...it looks like it just disappeared...no post was made about it.

2. anditsgood

anditsgood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3,181
    It got shut down

if you miss the the people or want to speak poltiics
    go here

Home | Patsfanspofo

3. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,275
    There were some issues where there were disagreements and problems where things were escalating, so it was shut down while I try and come up with a solution to help the moderators be able to handle it better and make it a more comfortable environment for everyone. I'm working on some things and depending on how it goes, it may reopen again. Although, I don't have an exact time frame, but we'll see how it goes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. meatface

meatface In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,002
    probably a good idea to just never bring it back, imho

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. YOUGOTMOSSED

YOUGOTMOSSED In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,690
    Reluctant disagree. One may rightly question whether a political forum is necessary or desirable on a sports fan site but some of the discussions was surprisingly good at times.

"Disagreements" and "things were escalating" aren't really satisfying explanations for a shutdown. It's a political forum, of course people are going to disagree. Escalation? It's the internet, not a bar. No one is getting punched in the face.:rolleyes: Are we that thin skinned and insecure about our political views that we feel the need to block out opposing views and run to our "safe spaces"?

6. meatface

Ratings:
    +3,002
    Honestly I think so many people are used to echo chambers that they cant handle anyone disagreeing with them and I have been avoiding the political forum because some of the people there are so thin skinned that you cant have a conversation. I trust Ian's judgment on this especially because as you said I don't think we really need a political forum.

7. RecoveringCowboy

RecoveringCowboy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,509
    You had a subforum of around 30 or so members creating problems for over 17,000 members. Many of those handful think they matter more than the rest of PatsFans - seriously.

Some of them live in a hall of mirrors and fool themselves way more people agree with them than is the case - i.e. safe space. The most troublesome haven't a clue as to how partisan they are and had the hubris to complain to Ian how they were mistreated, probably as they were bullying others. :rolleyes:

Then they say "tattletaling" is not fair - you should not prevent these "adults" to:
    • Name call (some can't address others in the news civilly)
    • Sensitive to being attacked, often while bullying themselves.
    • Be in a constant Us vs Them mode - hostile.
    • My way or the Highway mode - If you "only" disagree 20% or less of the time, you are "the enemy"
    • Argue with just a strong opinion, dubious links, or outright lies - a couple seem to prefer spouting what both sides know is a lie.
    • Demand in an argument for links, often knowing the only ones they accept is from decidedly partisan links.
    • Being outright irrational, pandering to anger - hot buttons.
    • Go on extended spitting matches.
    • Outright bullying, trolling.
    They are not behaving like adults - it's flaming and bullying. A very simple post, even well-intentioned can result in a flame war out of hostility. Mature adults in person seldom do this - it does not work!

If a political forum returns so will the problems. The members that caused the issues are not going to change - banning them was the only way PoFo could have been saved. They need to find another site to pick fights. Besides, some of them don't even posts about the Pats ever!

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. STLRAMBRINGER

STLRAMBRINGER On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +211
    why dont you just ban the members from the politic section who causes problems if they cant handle being adults? i always enjoyed the politic section

in fact was one section i could post without being attacked (general forum)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. RecoveringCowboy

RecoveringCowboy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,509
    IMHO, that's what should have happened, too many of them accumulated and nobody was willing to ban those individuals until it was too late.

10. STLRAMBRINGER

STLRAMBRINGER On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +211
  11. anditsgood

anditsgood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3,181
  12. meatface

Ratings:
    +3,002