PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What can Brady do that Rodgers can't...FS1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much needs to be said here really. Very few fans or knowledgeable people make the claim any QB is better than Brady and a fair amount call him the best NFL player overall all time.

That being said Rodgers is not only great but all time great. He is already on my top 10 QBs of all time list and will only go higher on there as his career plays out i predict.

Rodgers i think is going to have the kind of Career Steve Young should have had and didn't get to cause he started so late.

Rodgers might have the best set of skills I have ever seen at the position.

What makes Brady legendary isn't a measureable skill. It's the way he performs when games enter the 50/50 stages, when you can toss aside the Belichick coaching advantage, the skill players, the defenses, and it's basically a dog fight, a test of will for who wants it more. In simplicity, it's Brady heart and will that separates him. When the game truly becomes a difficult, uphill battle against a worthy defense, Brady has no equal.

I've posted this elsewhere but....let's go with carry a team.

Tom Brady when throwing over 50 attempts moved to 6-2 in the playoffs. Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning have never attempted 50 attempts. Not only that they are 2-4 and 3-9 respectively when throwing 40+ times. When they're forced to carry the entire load like Brady was against Seattle and Atlanta they simply cannot do it. Atlanta was over 60 attempts.

As an FYI the three QBs with wins when throwing 50 times other than Brady are Fouts, Eli and Kosar. All other QBs throwing 50+ are a combined 3-28.

Where was AR's comeback against Atlanta? Yes I know the Patriots D played a large part but it's not like AR lit it up in the second half. Manning vs Seattle and AR vs Atlanta and what Brady did against those two defenses about sums it up for QB of the 2000's and QB of the 2010's.

I guess what Brady can't do is be ranked no.1 on the NFL top 100 list, ever! Not that I give a **** but the GOAT not being no.1 at least once is a travesty or he's just a systems QB :) No worries, if Brady isn't no.1 then Matty Ice must be GOAT in waiting :/
Please note that italics = sarcasm.

Main difference between Brady and Rogers is clutchness. For whatever reason, Rogers has not been particularly good bringing his team back to victory when they are behind late. Brady on the other hand makes 4th quarter comebacks routine (despite having less opportunities since the Pats are usually ahead in the 4th) Look at the amount of 4th quarter points the Pats have scored in their 7 Superbowls.

A few more to consider:

1. Humility
2. Selflessness
3. Respect for coach(es)
4. Accountability
5. Appreciation of others (including players on the defense)
6. Resolution in the face of adversity
7. Remorseless quest for improvement (self and team members)
8. Loyalty
9. Self sacrificing (lower contracted income to enable paying others)
10.Bill Belichick

Anyone who has every played a down of football will tell you that for any QB to be great, his team MUST BELIEVE IN HIM! Guys will run through a brick wall for Brady. How many times did you hear even the defensive guys on the Pats sidelines during the Superbowl say, "hey, we are not out of it, we have Brady". Brady works harder than anyone else on the team, He is not a diva, and is always the most competitive guy on the field. How can you not want to play hard for that guy?

Plenty of other QBs have had more raw talent than Brady, but their teams didn't always believe in them. Jeff George was a prime example, all the talent in the world, awful persona. Jay Cutler ditto. Rodgers is more talented than those guys and certainly has the respect of his teammates. But he does come off as standoffish sometimes, and aloof. So while his team respects him, they will not run through a brick wall for him.

One of the Pats defensive backs said after the Superbowl, "once we won the toss, I untied my cleats, because I knew that there was no way that Brady wasn't going to score a TD on that opening drive".

Montana had "it", and so does Brady.

The ability to not crap in his pants during the game's most crucial moments.

I guess what Brady can't do is be ranked no.1 on the NFL top 100 list, ever! Not that I give a **** but the GOAT not being no.1 at least once is a travesty or he's just a systems QB :) No worries, if Brady isn't no.1 then Matty Ice must be GOAT in waiting :/
Please note that italics = sarcasm.
I guess what Rodgers can't do that Brady can is take a bunch of low round and undrafted outcasts and make them "top 100" players

I've posted this elsewhere but....let's go with carry a team.

Tom Brady when throwing over 50 attempts moved to 6-2 in the playoffs. Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning have never attempted 50 attempts. Not only that they are 2-4 and 3-9 respectively when throwing 40+ times. When they're forced to carry the entire load like Brady was against Seattle and Atlanta they simply cannot do it. Atlanta was over 60 attempts.

As an FYI the three QBs with wins when throwing 50 times other than Brady are Fouts, Eli and Kosar. All other QBs throwing 50+ are a combined 3-28.

Where was AR's comeback against Atlanta? Yes I know the Patriots D played a large part but it's not like AR lit it up in the second half. Manning vs Seattle and AR vs Atlanta and what Brady did against those two defenses about sums it up for QB of the 2000's and QB of the 2010's.

Sick. Wins are absolutely a team stat but if you take these numbers knowing he threw over 50 times it changes the narrative big time. I mean it's right there in cold hard numbers and can't be disputed.

It's laughable to see the denial still out there...

Read defenses quickly check to new play and pocket maestro. But yes Rodgers is amazing too.

Who is she I am in love?

Sick. Wins are absolutely a team stat but if you take these numbers knowing he threw over 50 times it changes the narrative big time. I mean it's right there in cold hard numbers and can't be disputed.

It's laughable to see the denial still out there...

This is one of those Brady stats that looks like it has to be made up.

Reactions: sb1
Bring a team back after being down more than a touchdown?
Has Rodgers ever even done that in his career more than once or twice?

Wait don't say that- all the Rodgers fanboys will tell you how he's 100% blameless and that its always the rest of the teams fault.

This is one of those Brady stats that looks like it has to be made up.

It does!

I think this table does a very nice and efficient job of completely incinerating the "system QB" diss against Brady from the uninformed.

Rodgers is on the right path.
Like Brady escaping the skankish clutches of Tara Reid, Rodgers has successfully liberated himself from his own Hollyweird STD and has moved on to the model phase....a proven path to success.
Unfortunately for Rodgers, he seems to possess a partial Goober gene which will remain an enormous obstacle to overcome

I love these silly arguments about Brady and how other qbs are "better" because they run faster or whatever lol

So I guess Chad Jackson is a better wide receiver than Julian Edelman because he's taller, faster and can jump higher

I guess Vernon Gholston is better than Trey Flowers because he's quicker, stronger, faster and more explosive

Could go on and on with this silliness.. people just don't get it.. And I love whoever that guy is who responded to the 5 rings comment saying "so you're saying Brady is better because of his ability to wear a ring?"

People are funny animals... I don't understand the fascination with Rodgers in the media, he's a really unlikable guy but they eat it up and praise him constantly..

There are articles constantly about Luck and how special of QB he is but poor GOAT Luck just can't get any help around him... he's been injured 2 years in a row and his team has missed the playoffs 2 years in a row.. 1 more playoff miss and they're eligible for Hard Knocks lolol.. they won more games with a 40 year old Matt Hasselback than they did with Luck 2 years ago..

Lots of energy spent discrediting Brady and raising other lesser QBs up who have accomplished nothing in this league

No other sports league has ever treated it's best player the way that the NFL has treated Brady.. they tagged Peyton Manning as the golden boy and just became more and more irrate as Brady kept hurting his legacy

It's just offseason backlash talk for the sake of talking nonsense. Nobody on that set believes that Rodgers is on Brady's level.

@Patsfanken: Rodgers is a "great" NFL quarterback like I dunno, it's going too far to say no-ring Marino, because based on what he personally brought to his team, Marino wins that one hands down. I don't think he's on HGHton's level either, even before that miraculous comeback from the neck thing in close temporal proximity to his wife's need for nfl-banned substances. He can't even sniff Brady's accomplishments.

Maybe I'd give him a "very good?" I dunno. I think of "great" as one to three in a generation, and I think the present (almost past) generation lucked out with Brady, Manning, and maybe Brees. And perhaps every generation has a "GOAT" (since the passing game continues to be advantaged). So there was the Montanta/Marino/Elway era, and Montana was the GOAT and always would be until he wasn't. Rodgers right now? Maybe the stats don't back me up but I'm calling him Esiason, during that period (I'm doing this without googling.... I hope I did not mis-place the Esiason era.) Judging by what he's done so far, do you really call him great?

The skill to improvise is not necessarily something that increases the likely hood of victory. If anything, if you have to have your QB resort to chaos even if he succeeds a lot that is a bad sign. And frankly the overall win/loss record between these tqo speak to that. Another poster wrote that Brady consistently makes better/quicker decisions in the pocket. That is precisely why Brady is superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes