SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Steelers
Sun
Dec 16th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Shocking Ending
Sunday's loss in Miami was shocking and will likely have the Patriots doing some second-guessing this week.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Westworld Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by IcyPatriot, Sep 30, 2016.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,164
    Well, one of the first things.

2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Josh Gordon's locker is next to Brady's. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +41,829
    It weighed viewers down badly with questions and wasn’t forthcoming with answers. I watched the first two seasons, stopped, came back in the last season, and didn’t feel like I missed anything. Someone I know (and I haven’t cared enough to Google this so take it with a grain of salt) said they had to run a ticker at the bottom of the screen on one of their in between seasons to remind viewers of **** that happened in past. They ended up being trapped in some form of purgatory and the characters all died in the plane crash.

3. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +8,164
    Remember “Twin Peaks?” I watched it faithfully but things just seemed stapled in like dancing midgets and running commentary on pie and coffee.. some lady carried a log. Still no idea why. I so didn’t care who killed Laura Palmer.

This one gives you lots of ways to find the meaning. Doesn’t suffer from “lost” syndrome at all. Yet.

4. BaconGrundleCandy

BaconGrundleCandy Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +6,654
    Ok now that was a great epi. One of the best I'm seen for any show in a long time.

Delos fam all dead.

looks like people are trying to live forever. The other person has to be Ford??

Ghost Nation, wtf???

I knew that "party host" was pulling double duty but the leader of the ghost nation?

This confirmed.

Just a great epi.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +8,164
    Confirmed: At the time of J. Delos’ attempted resurrection at least, they were offering a copy to be resurrected in a host body. It appears unlikely that a subjective self was thereby transferred. If the failed attempt had succeeded, James Delos would be just as dead. We’d simply have a replicant.

I think the need for guest DNA - if this is really what’s in Abernathy - would be needed to make more compatible experiences for a migrating human consciousness.

Or, glitching Delos could be latent in Abernathy in all his roles - it’s popular to speculate they’re one and the same. Right now I think that’s a red herring.

Agree, great ep.

6. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +6,654
    Who do you think the other person is?

M1B? Everyone keeps saying the game "isn't meant for you" or something like that? You think we see him glitching out as he gets closer to "Glory"?

7. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +8,164
    I think - think- William is human and understands that a copy is not immortality.

I think Logan might be a host.

But i am not sure what u are asking... start of s. 2, Dolores and Maeve were candidates for sentience. Now I think D is there, M might be in an elaborate “freedom script,” and others are moving in their own ways toward consciousness.

8. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +8,164
    Ps, little girl in the park might be an adult woman who needed immortality, the one referenced in s 1 when another guest tries to thank MiB for saving his sister

9. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    Jesus, that was a good episode. It’s becoming clear where they’re going. Harvesting the DNA of the guests, the (unsuccessful) attempts at programming Delos’ subconscious into a host, Ford’s seeming ability to talk to William through any one of the hosts, the quote from the savage that you only live as long as the last person that remembers you, etc. This is an experiment on immortality for the rich and privileged. One that Ford may have finally figured out before he took one to the dome. Is this the quest that William is now on? His comment to Delos that (and I’m paraphrasing) “no man deserves to live forever... not you and maybe not even me”, seems to indicate that.

10. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    William/MiB may be a host. It wouldn’t surprise me. Ford’s comment to him about how he’s looking in the wrong direction if he’s looking forward would make a lot more sense in that context.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +6,654
    Sometimes interesting

12. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +8,164
    Every day we see one more card... this also squares with his repeated appeals to the effect of the park showing us who we really are... of course Charlotte says the same.

The lid was ripped off the "who is a host" question with the Bernard/Arnold thing, though. Every reveal can't be the same reveal... so I'm thinking William wants it burned to the ground precisely because of the Board's plans. Being chairman of the board & majority shareholder does not seem an absolute dictatorship at all. We'll get to see whether he's been outmaneuvered in this, and/or we'll see whether he's being duplicitous, and/or we'll get to see whether something of the old William has surfaced upon realization that the hosts aren't just a better game, they're also becoming conscious.

Still no explanation of why the hosts only winged him in the initial attack; The "William's a host" theory could explain that too though.

We have no idea, and I can't wait to know less in a few hours :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +6,654
    Killing time before WW

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +6,654
    Surprised nobody has mentioned our QB when discussing the show.

Tom Brady is the perfect host

15. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    Can I ask something of you guys? Use the spoiler tags, please. I stream the show on Kodi on Monday nights.

16. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    Very interesting episode. It seems like Maeve has a primary key of sorts built into her coding. Teddy turning blood thirsty as well.

17. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    Any thoughts on Sunday nights episode? It’s almost as if Ford is a virus.

18. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +6,654
    Dressed like my grandfather & trolling the whole time.

19. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,111
    I wonder if that's his consciousness put into the system, as opposed to the attempt to save Delos' consciousness by putting him in a single unit.

20. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    @PatsFanInVa @BaconGrundleCandy I don’t know why that episode only got 83% on RT. That was one of, if not THE best, episodes in the entire series. I’m loving the fact that Hopkins is fully back in the mix.