PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 3 pre-game discussion... we're on to Oakland...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea keep telling yourself that. Tyrek Hill is the most dangerous wr in the game because of his speed. Speed kills. You put that offensive weapon in motion, and he runs across the field that 4.5 guy isn’t staying with 4.4 guy. common sense.

let us know when you get there........hill is a sub 4.3 guy, and I'd bet his COD matches that.........your guy has below average COD......JJ Williams has better 3 cone and shuttle times.......

Waller will not turn the L into a W

Last edited:
Lets see what you say after the game when Jacobs goes over 100 yards easily. If Seattle crappy offense line was able to run the football all over your defense, what do you think going to happen playing one of the best offense lines in the NFL.
Based on this year, give him 30+ carries and he might just hit 100 yds

This makes more sense, than saying put JJ Williams on him- he would get abused.
Probably Hunter Renfrow is the Raiders second best wr at this point. ( Doubt Gilmore sees him). Gilmore struggled with DJ Metcalf last week, and B Edwards 6’3 215 ( very strong hands) might give him some problems. Let’s see how Ruggs knee is doing by next week . The Raiders will test the Patriots secondary with his speed.( he opens up for everyone )

I think the Raiders offense line matches up well to the Patriots defense line. I expect them to have a lot success in the ground. Expect heavy dose of a Josh Jacobs.
If Gilmore didn't give up that perfect pass that he had good coverage on you would have thought Gilmore handled Metcalf well. Edwards is no Metcalf.

As for Waller, maybe they'll have Kyle Dugger line up against him and rough him up at the LOS and then have a safety over the top.

Lets see what you say after the game when Jacobs goes over 100 yards easily. If Seattle crappy offense line was able to run the football all over your defense, what do you think going to happen playing one of the best offense lines in the NFL.

You really should brush up on what game plans are. Seattle got room to run because of the defensive game plan vs Russell Wilson and it wasn't like they got run over, 115 yards on 25 carries to the RBs is something you expect when you are giving them the run. Also not sure what you are talking about, Seahawks have been a very good running team the 2 seasons prior. Finished #4 last year in the league and the year before that finished #1.

I think Gilmore would be on Waller if Waller is lined up in the slot. If he’s in tight or off the LOS, however, I think it would Dugger/Williams/some combo of either. You do not want Gilmore to be an in-line run defender.
If they put Williams back in there I hope they coach him up.

Something from patsfans link parsing is breaking the direct link, see below for the direct twitter link.
Code:
https://twitter.com/chatham58/status/1308390993209819136

Yea keep telling yourself that. Tyrek Hill is the most dangerous wr in the game because of his speed. Speed kills. You put that offensive weapon in motion, and he runs across the field that 4.5 guy isn’t staying with 4.4 guy. common sense.

I don't think you realize how little difference there is between a 4.5 guy and a 4.4 guy on an average route that is not just a straight go. Getting in and out of breaks, cutting, how you deal with press among others are more important than 0.1 sec of difference in a straight 40yd underwear contest.

Hell, the difference might be gone just because the 4.5 guy deals a lot better with those 15lb that pads add. What you are saying is not common sense but you are only demonstrating intellectually lazyness that equals one number being smaller than the other with "lol speed".

If you want to act dismissive (i.e. "common sense") then you gotta be a bit more nuanced with what you write.

Last edited:
If they put Williams back in there I hope they coach him up.

Something from patsfans link parsing is breaking the direct link, see below for the direct twitter link.
Code:
https://twitter.com/chatham58/status/1308390993209819136

Can't believe that Chatham mastered the use of video with digital aids and voice over recording while many of the nerd, armchair guys still keep trying to fit completely unreadable, shortened sentences full with cryptic terminology into their tweets.

The irony is pretty strong in that the ex-pro is the one who is making it accessible and understandable while the amateurs and tech savy are throwing around terms that are totally opaque outside their own bubble.

Last edited:
Matt Chatham on twitter has suggested it's correctable. Just need to coach up the players to play the right way. Whether it gets corrected by Raiders week 3 or not, we shall see.

Nah man, I think his fists will kill eventually.

Do not like hand injury for Andrews. No experience behind him now.

Ferentz time baby. (as backup for Froholdt)

Might be one of the quicker turnovers where a certain someone *****ed about BBs practice squad choices only for them to become active and an emergency backup a week later.

Derek Cah will not play well this week, Daren will hit the Wall’. Just win, baby!

He's going to be seeing ghosts but he won't tell anyone.

Hopefully this cesspool of a human being stays there or aggravates his injury.

H Ruggs played Monday night at about 70% ( tough for speed guy who relies on his legs play with knee injury). His speed keeps defense honest so they can’t cheat on Darren Waller. B Edwards another rookie is no joke either .( made some impressive Big catches Monday night. HUNTER Renfrow is Young J Edelman - they don’t call him third down and Renfrow for nothing . ( N Agholor and Jay Jones see some time.
The Raiders strength is the Te‘s , and the Rbs. It just not Darren Waller, As there Foster Moreau , and old man Jason Witten . They all can block and catch. You can bet Patriots will see a lot of two Te, and sometimes three Te formations. Everyone of the Raiders Rbs are excellent receivers ( J Jacobs, J Richard - third down back , Devonte Booker , and Fb Alec Ingold.

Raiders offense line when healthy might be the best offense line in football. The problem is Rt Trent Brown has played three plays all year. R Incognito Achilles been bothering him( played only eleven snaps - Monday night. Fourth string Ot Denzel Good has done excellent job at Rt, but is the Raiders best backup guard. Trent Brown able to go , and Denzel Good replaces R Incognito( don’t miss a beat) .
Raiders defense is extremely young. Most of there cbs are either rookies or second year . Raiders really improved their lb corps this offseason( was major weakness for years). N Kwiatkowski ( didn’t play Monday night- makes a big difference, and Corey Littleton are nice combo. Raekwon Mcmillan run defender still learning the defense.

Raiders defenseline is young, This whole defense isn’t there yet ( , but as the season wears on should start to get a lot better. Tough to break in six new starters , with no preseason games to get ready.

Probably going to have to win a shootout

Welcome aboard Raider fan.

As soon as I get done here a copy of your post will be on it's way to Foxboro. Bill will have a field day with all that info and you'll be lucky to reach midfield, let alone the endzone.

I'm hoping that the Pats run the ball, and then run some more, and then even more. One of the not-so-bad things about losing Brady was that the Pats aren't so pass-happy now.

My prediction after only two weeks, is that this game will be the tie-breaker for one of the tickets to the dance at the end of the year.

Did not practice for the Raiders

T Trent Brown (calf)
G Denzelle Good (thumb / illness)
G Richie Incognito (achilles) (placed on IR today)
RB Josh Jacobs (hip)
LB Nick Kwiatkoski (pectoral)
DE Carl Nassib (illness)
TE Darren Waller (knee)

Hard to judge a win against the Saints. I dunno. They just seem to **** the bed randomly, and Brees can kinda just suck outta nowhere. By no means do I think they're a bad team, I guess I'm just hesitant judge much off of Monday.

I want our secondary to bounce back and shut them the f out. Carr isn't as good as Wilson, and I want us to give him a fit.

Jacobs and Waller DNP...interesting. Might not mean anything though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots