2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
-The Pats, under BB and company, are 10-1 in the playoffs

-The Pats still have BB, Brady, and a host of quality players

-BB's record here in New England (reg. season) 63 out of 96 or 65.6%

-Add in the playoffs and we get 73 out of 107 or 68.2%

-3 Suberbowl Championships

-A top-5 stadium

-Accelerated learning for key players (Hobbs, Mankins, Kazcur, Assante (due to more leadership needed))

-Vince Wilfork has emerged

-Ben Watson has emerged

-A deep draft class and we have extra picks

We didn't even make the playoffs in 2002, but the next season we fielded one of the best teams of all time. Now we have a better core to build on, and some very hungry players on the roster. The only way to get the bitter taste of defeat out of your mouth is to win.

I'm proud of what this team has managed to acomplish this season - 10-6, AFCE Champs, making it to the Divisional Round - all despite losing major contributors all season.

Here's to 2006 - The Year of Revenge.

Last edited:
Bravo!

Great perspective.

I told my buddy last night that no matter what happened, I was proud to be a Patriots fan because of what happened this year. I hated to see them go down like that, but the game was much closer than the 28-20 loss in Denver earlier this season. The team had a chance to win it, but couldn't overcome the mistakes.

Kudos to Denver for winning, and kudos to Pittsburgh for beating Indy on the road.

But, our Patriots will be back and we'll all be there to see it!

Thank you for your post. We need some perspective. But why is 2006 the Year of Revenge?

We were 4-4, and the team gave us what we dared to hope for: a division championship and a home playoff win.

We had a great year. We will have a better team next year.

Chevy said:

-A top-5 stadium

-Accelerated learning for key players (Hobbs, Mankins, Kazcur, Assante (due to more leadership needed))

-Ben Watson has emerged

We didn't even make the playoffs in 2002, but the next season we fielded one of the best teams of all time. Now we have a better core to build on, and some very hungry players on the roster. The only way to get the bitter taste of defeat out of your mouth is to win.

I'm proud of what this team has managed to acomplish this season - 10-6, AFCE Champs, making it to the Divisional Round - all despite losing major contributors all season.

Last edited:
MG ...

I was focusing on two critical games since we host Denver and Indy.

my bad. you're quite right!

Chevy said:
MG ...

I was focusing on two critical games since we host Denver and Indy.

Chevy said:

-A top-5 stadium

-Ben Watson has emerged

And I congratulate you on your season, your Superbowl run, and a very spirited game last night. You guys are true champions.

Chevy said:

-A top-5 stadium

-Ben Watson has emerged

Thanks for the post. As a Patriot fan who has been through the good, bad and ugly of previous Patriot regimes, we have been living through a period in time that I couldn't have imagined.

And, it's far from over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back