PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Wild Card Round, vs Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without going through the whole thread and listening to these @holes down here, I do fully expect a steady dose of Henry Saturday.

Please god let’s beat these guys, I can FEEL my coworkers salivating at the thought of winning in Foxboro. It’s a gross feeling.

Will NE handle the WRs better in this game than last? What the heck where the DBs doing playing so far off against Miami and constantly getting slaughtered on crossing patterns? Are they going to let the self proclaimed DPOY play Brown alone? How fast is that kid anyway? Do we see more of an older gameplan where they press him at the line with help on top and put Gilmore on someone else?

They need William's to play an expanded role, his size against TEs and as a tackler would be a boon

Will NE handle the WRs better in this game than last? What the heck where the DBs doing playing so far off against Miami and constantly getting slaughtered on crossing patterns? Are they going to let the self proclaimed DPOY play Brown alone? How fast is that kid anyway? Do we see more of an older gameplan where they press him at the line with help on top and put Gilmore on someone else?
Brown has 4.5 speed.

Gilly should be able to handle him.

As pessimistic as I am, I never gave one thought to the idea this team could lose to Miami at home. None. It was truly one of the most shocking NFL upsets in the last decade.
/QUOTE]
Before the game, significant members stated it would be a tight game. I posted that a former BB player would provide difficulties for the Patriots. Record wise I believe they were even for the last five games. Shocking NFL upset? No, not even close.

I get the pessimism about the Patriots. The offense is what it is at this point and the defense has been disappearing too often last 5 or 6 weeks. But anytime the Patriots play they can win. Play good STs and maximize field position? They definitely can do that.
Play mistake free football? They definitely can do that.
Stop the run and defend the pass? It's been shaky at times but we can say for certain they have shown multiple times they are very capable of that.
Good gameplan, good practice and prep? They most definitely can do that.
Run the football? They can do that.
Passing game? It is what it is, not great, but no turnovers, convert some first downs, get a few scores? They can definitely do that.

The difference this year (besides playing in the WC round) is they have much less room for error. They really need all the things listed above to come together. It's a million miles from impossible but again it's not like other years where they could overcome failures in other areas. But let's see what happens, let's see if the Patriots can do what these things they can or may do well. Just give themselves a chance to win late in the game of any game including the superbowl, then let's see what happens.
Time to make some noise Saturday night
OQamriV.jpg

Vrabel reminds me of Ditka.

The titans gave up 56 sacks this year. We need to take advantage of that and harass tannehill

Lot of extra stress and pressure come playoff time, wonder where Robert will be Saturday AM?

Should PatsFans.com have a “Plane Tail Number Tracker” thread up and running Friday?

Tom Bradys avg game (last 7)

20-37-217 yards

Those stats are pathetic, BUT he has been taking care of the ball generally, 10 TDs and only 3 int. He cannot throw the ball to the other team like he did vs Miami. The offense has been neutered to the point they can't overcome turnovers.

Statistically the buffalo game was a MASSIVE outlier in terms of yard/attempt, completion % over the last 7 games.

If Brady stays around his average it will take an otherworldly defensive effort or special teams points. It'd be nice to see the defense from the beginning of the year.

Tom Bradys avg game (last 7)

20-37-217 yards

Those stats are pathetic, BUT he has been taking care of the ball generally, 10 TDs and only 3 int. He cannot throw the ball to the other team like he did vs Miami. The offense has been neutered to the point they can't overcome turnovers.

Statistically the buffalo game was a MASSIVE outlier in terms of yard/attempt, completion % over the last 7 games.

If Brady stays around his average it will take an otherworldly defensive effort or special teams points. It'd be nice to see the defense from the beginning of the year.

Gonna have to figure out how to stop the run game. On top of Henry being used a lot, I expect Lewis to have some extra motivation too. If we can get on top quick and make them pass....I like that. I don’t like the thought of run, run, run against our defense with Henry.

I'm not a big Vrabes guy either. Seems like a big loudmouth
I love the guy. Such a Patriot-story Patriot. Smart, witty, funny, tough, CLUTCH, overachiever once he came to the Pats... I can’t understand how any Pats fan doesn’t like him. Forget him playing TE... how about when they moved him to MLB in 2005!

Definitely on my top-10 favorites list.

Last edited:
Brown has 4.5 speed.

Gilly should be able to handle him.

If he doesn't bite on double moves....with Gilmore it's not about outplaying him physically, it's about outsmarting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots