PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Kansas City...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was pretty good for the Niners, wasn’t he? Wonder if we scoop him up

78686199_1033722090353343_5916456405316927488_n.jpg

Harry is going to take time to develop. It would be foolish to expect him to be the next Anaquan Boldin this year.

No worries, I can wait until January. :)

True but just look at how DK metcalf has been playing. The debate in the draft was always DK vs Harry and bill went with Harry. He should be able to at least get separation. I think the mistake on the interception was growing pains. If Harry can get separation, teams will pay for doubling Edelman every play.

It was never a debate. From what I read, it was unanimous that Metcalf was a physical specimen more than a receiver, which is pretty much the opposite of what NE was looking for.

He turned out to be more ready than expected, good for him. But that doesn't make it a debate in retrospect.

It would be a nightmare if we lost to all three of the other division winners...

...and then proceeded to win yet another Super Bowl. I can see the look on Kellerman's face now!

Why not draft HIM instead of a useless slow DB in the 2nd round ?

Because Williams looked neither slow nor useless in the preseason. To the contrary, he was terrific and would be a starter in at least 20 other secondaries.

Why prioritize Williams? Well, the guys who cover the larger body types are all getting up there in age. Joejuan isn't a big help to this team, but safety had the potential to blow up on them. I agree TE was more pressing, but you are whistling past the graveyard if you think that position wasn't also a need in the near future.

All that said, you do make a good point that it's misleading to compare Harry vs. this guy or that guy. There was nothing stopping them from selecting more than one. :)

Last edited:
It would be a nightmare if we lost to all three of the other division winners...

...and then proceeded to win yet another Super Bowl. I can see the look on Kellerman's face now!
Kellerman just says that **** so you guys talk about him lol

LOL, the entire forum is grumpy. Thanks a lot Patriots. I think we all need a drink and a vacation from the stress.
Some grumpier than others

I'm just going to say that the last few games have given me a lot of hope. I believe they have what they need to get the job done. They just need to put it all together.
When the story of the 2019 season is done, I think it will be you and not others reminding us of this post

Did I say anything differently?

Meyers is promising and should be kept. However, if looks could kill, he is close to his nine lives.

Meyers actually looked pretty decent in hindsight. I suggest you check out @patsinthesnow's post in the rewatch thread. Got his fair share of rookie stuff to clean up but promising.

I don't care about Kellerman.

However, this is a very real possibility. We need to focus on the playoffs, and in getting the WR's ready, whether we win this week or not.

Apologies if already posted.

As per bedard, KC has played a lot of man recently which is again going to be a challenge this week for our WRs.

As per bedard, KC has played a lot of man recently which is again going to be a challenge this week for our WRs.

Who wouldn't play man against this WR group?

I had to force myself to pick the patriots to win this game. I don't feel great about it because I have zero faith in this offense right now. However, we're at home and I think the defense will make some plays and force turnovers. If they don't, we lose. That simple. We are going as far as our defense can take us this year.

Chiefs radio hosts are extremely confident about this game. They are almost convinced they are going to win the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots