PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Kansas City...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally if we have just ONE other reciever not named Edelman who can consistently get separation, it would work wonders. It should be Nkeal Harry, the dude is physically the most imposing reciever on the team, he’s 6’4 and they should be throwing him some more one on ones. I thought that’s why bill drafted him. This is actually nothing new because in the past, when gronk wasn’t playing, the offense has been mostly pedestrian besides 2016 when they had Marty Bennett.
Harry is going to take time to develop. It would be foolish to expect him to be the next Anaquan Boldin this year.

Who was he before?
FourierSeries. In another words, a grown man got banned and created a burner account. Seems like something a massive loser would do.

Literally if we have just ONE other reciever not named Edelman who can consistently get separation, it would work wonders. It should be Nkeal Harry, the dude is physically the most imposing reciever on the team, he’s 6’4 and they should be throwing him some more one on ones. I thought that’s why bill drafted him. This is actually nothing new because in the past, when gronk wasn’t playing, the offense has been mostly pedestrian besides 2016 when they had Marty Bennett.

No it should be Sanu...

Harry is going to take time to develop. It would be foolish to expect him to be the next Anaquan Boldin this year.
True but just look at how DK metcalf has been playing. The debate in the draft was always DK vs Harry and bill went with Harry. He should be able to at least get separation. I think the mistake on the interception was growing pains. If Harry can get separation, teams will pay for doubling Edelman every play.

True but just look at how DK metcalf has been playing. The debate in the draft was always DK vs Harry and bill went with Harry. He should be able to at least get separation. I think the mistake on the interception was growing pains. If Harry can get separation, teams will pay for doubling Edelman every play.

I don't want to play the, 'Look at the other guy who was drafted', game. Different QB. Different coach. Different offense.

I don't want to play the, 'Look at the other guy who was drafted', game. Different QB. Different coach. Different offense.
Perhaps Harry isn’t fully integrated into the offense, it is his 3rd full game of the year after all. He doesn’t have to be randy moss, just shouldn’t be blanketed all game.

Its just not worth the hand-wringing.

No doubt I'm concerned about the passing game but if anything this team are a bunch of workers and grinders. All we can do is hope they stay true to form and are playing their best football once X-Mas rolls around.
Here is how I feel

fans gotta decide who they want to be.
Do you want to be the angry guy who complains about everything, predicts doom, calls the team trash, etc.
or do you want to be the guy who looks at the fact we have BB, TB, a proven track record including championships born out of season that included apparent huge weakness, and currently have the best record in the nfl, so there is a lot to be hopeful about and a history that they know how to get it done.

I personally don’t see what you gain by the first approach. It just makes you miserable and doesn’t solve anything. If they win you were miserable for nothing. If they lose does that make you feel better?

If we were bengals fans I could understand that the motivation is to not get your hopes up knowing you will be let down, but we sent bengal fans we are the opposite.

Perhaps Harry isn’t fully integrated into the offense, it is his 3rd full game of the year after all. He doesn’t have to be randy moss, just shouldn’t be blanketed all game.
One thing I do know is Tom was pissed Harry got pushed around on that INT. Harry's game is supposed to be a physical brand of football and beating DBs to the ball. He didn't do that. That pretty much got him benched for the rest of the game.

Harry may know just one position or a few routes, audibles, calls, etc but he needs to do a few things well. Tom needs to rely on him to box out WRs. I don't think the throw was great but Harry did not run a good route and failed to do his job. If he can't do his job (which is small in scope) he can't play.

The offense has been top 4 in points scored 9 consecutive years.

Difference is, their guy can get separation, as well as being 6'4"229. Great breakaway speed. So, why not draft both Harry & Metcalf. There's no rule, as far as I know, that you can't draft TWO WRs or even a TE before round 4.

The slots the Pats had in round 2, before making that ridiculous trade up to get SlowJuan "Never Used" Williams, were filled by WR's Mecole Hardman & DK Metcalf. Hardman has 23 catches for 450 yards & 5 tds, averaging 19.6 yards a catch, also an excellent return man (punts & kicks). Why not draft HIM instead of a useless slow DB in the 2nd round ? Metcalf is 2nd on the team in receiving stats with 38 catches, 630 yards & 5tds. Why not double dip at WR, one of our biggest needs, instead of a DB you're not using.

Difference is, their guy can get separation, as well as being 6'4"229. Great breakaway speed. So, why not draft both Harry & Metcalf. There's no rule, as far as I know, that you can't draft TWO WRs or even a TE before round 4.

The slots the Pats had in round 2, before making that ridiculous trade up to get SlowJuan "Never Used" Williams, were filled by WR's Mecole Hardman & DK Metcalf. Hardman has 23 catches for 450 yards & 5 tds, averaging 19.6 yards a catch, also an excellent return man (punts & kicks). Why not draft HIM instead of a useless slow DB in the 2nd round ? Metcalf is 2nd on the team in receiving stats with 38 catches, 630 yards & 5tds. Why not double dip at WR, one of our biggest needs, instead of a DB you're not using.

Don't forget DK Metcalf's Slot running mate A.J. Brown and the kid Washington got in the Third Round Terry McLaurin.:oops:

I know, but that Romney reference was pretty great. I deserve a better reception. Pierre Delecto, funny name. You said total loser and Romney is known for being a losing candidate. Come on, it all fits! Show some love.
You get a like. No more, no less. Sorry for telling you to kill yourself last evening.

You get a like. No more, no less. Sorry for telling you to kill yourself last evening.

Oh, did you? I missed it lol. I was on my phone and the forum was grinding it to a halt, so I had to skip through to the end a lot.

I dunno, I think that a guy like Deebo would have fit. I really wanted Renfrow, but he hasn't significantly outperformed N'Keal despite being active in 8 more games.
2019_rookies.png

I know, but that Romney reference was pretty great. I deserve a better reception. Pierre Delecto, funny name. You said total loser and Romney is known for being a losing candidate. Come on, it all fits! Show some love.

Mr . president?

I think KC is a similar team to HOU in a lot of ways, but ultimately not quite as good.

Watson is playing as well, if not better than Mahomes right now (at this point in time).

In terms of WRs and RBs, HOU clearly has the better group; the only offensive edge KC has over HOU is Kelce.

We have the personnel to matchup with them - this defense was essentially built to match up with the likes of KC.

Defensively, KC isn't great, much like HOU. The offense will have the opportunity to score points if they can execute.

I take Hill over Hopkins any day of the week. But that's just me.

Here is how I feel

fans gotta decide who they want to be.
Do you want to be the angry guy who complains about everything, predicts doom, calls the team trash, etc.
or do you want to be the guy who looks at the fact we have BB, TB, a proven track record including championships born out of season that included apparent huge weakness, and currently have the best record in the nfl, so there is a lot to be hopeful about and a history that they know how to get it done.

I personally don’t see what you gain by the first approach. It just makes you miserable and doesn’t solve anything. If they win you were miserable for nothing. If they lose does that make you feel better?

If we were bengals fans I could understand that the motivation is to not get your hopes up knowing you will be let down, but we sent bengal fans we are the opposite.

I'm ok with general criticism and the occasional ***** session. Its a fan board and thats fine. I do the same thing.

What I don't like is a constant harping, complaining and whining of every little thing. AB, drafting WRs, shoulda signed X player....ugh.

Again, not playing that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye