PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WBZ-TV4 Signal Problems: No Game Over The Air Or Satellite?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What service do you use to watch the game?

• Over The Air

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Cable

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • Satellite

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Internet Stream

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Lee

What, me worry?
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Last night I was watching Alabama - Texas A&M on channel 4 and the over-the-air signal just stopped.

I jumped to the conclusion it must be my gear since both channel 4 and 5 were out.

But then I figured out the rest of the channels were good.

I figured it was just a glitch but that doesn't seem to be the case:
Neither gives any hope for optimism.

So does anyone have any more details of why the signal is out and when it might come back?

And does anyone living in the greater Nashua area want a guest for the game? :D

Actually I have a bad cold so will be staying home and if worse comes to worse, listening to Zolak et. al. on the good old fashioned radio.

Last night I was watching Alabama - Texas A&M on channel 4 and the over-the-air signal just stopped.

I jumped to the conclusion it must be my gear since both channel 4 and 5 were out.

But then I figured out the rest of the channels were good.

I figured it was just a glitch but that doesn't seem to be the case:
Neither gives any hope for optimism.

So does anyone have any more details of why the signal is out and when it might come back?

And does anyone living in the greater Nashua area want a guest for the game? :D

Actually I have a bad cold so will be staying home and if worse comes to worse, listening to Zolak et. al. on the good old fashioned radio.
I live in NC and last weeks game wasnt televised-I watched a free internet stream on my laptop-with no registration required-and i was shocked at how good the quality was-as clear as tv and almost never lost the stream-only had to hit refresh 2 or 3 times entire game. Now if i could only remember which one it was-might have been reddit. Just google" watch patriots live online free"-and a whole bunch will pop up. Most of them require registering with a credit card-even tho theyre free-i never use those-there are 2 or 3 that have no registration. You just have to close out all the ads-you usually only need to do this in the beginning-once in a while an additional ad might pop up during game-just close it out.

Bill Lee....Maybe a sports bar would be a solution ?

A few beers with fellow fans...just don't cough on anyone :D

On the phone with Direct TV now - trying to see if they'll show it on another channel, or on the NFL Sunday Package, at least, where it would normally be blacked out.

So far, they suggested downloading the Direct TV AP and you can watch it that way.

Ugh. I don't have cable because Patriots games are pretty much the only tv I watch. And I'm not crazy about the experience of being a solo woman at a sports bar, which tends to involve friendly patrons' non-stop attempts to explain how football works.

Ugh. I don't have cable because Patriots games are pretty much the only tv I watch. And I'm not crazy about the experience of being a solo woman at a sports bar, which tends to involve friendly patrons' non-stop attempts to explain how football works.

Too bad we don't have an empathy emoji. Maybe we need female sports bars just like we have female gyms? I suppose you could see if the game is on at a lesbian bar, but that would come with a lot of complications...

Ya I have no clue I was trying to watch the Bama game last night and channle 4 was out. I'm right in the middle of Boston too. It must have been a wide spread station proble.

On the phone with Direct TV now - trying to see if they'll show it on another channel, or on the NFL Sunday Package, at least, where it would normally be blacked out.

So far, they suggested downloading the Direct TV AP and you can watch it that way.

Just a note...seems like this works, but only if you have the Max package for in-market games.

I have direct tv, but was always apprehensive about potential issues during a pats game (nobody messes with my ability to watch pats on the road), so, I also put up an over the air antennae system. Ch 4 is also not available over the air (must be same satellite issue), however, i am able to pull in the CBS affiliate in Providence, ch 12 -- so, all is good in my hood!

Ha! Ha! Ha! That has made my day. If only the announcers were as knowledgeable as you!

(Where are you based? If Comcast Cable is working, you're welcome in Cambridge.)

The game is being telecast here in Missouri!!! So stoked. Haven't seen a Pats game since the 27-0 beatdown of the Tinhorns.

I live in Worcester and have Charter cable. Lost channel 4 during the Bama game and as of 10:30am it's still out. I was thinking about a sports bar, but don't they rely on WBZ as well?

even the WBZ-TV Transmission Issues Notice: Read More link at cbslocal.com is a 404 Page Not Found :mad:

Crap. I'm not getting channel four either. This sucks.

ugh, this sucks. at least the patriots game is the late game. three extra hours to get things fixed.

This link works: Transmission Issue Causes Outage For Some WBZ-TV Viewers

Doesn't sound good to those of us that use an antenna bcuz the only TV we ever watch is the Pats.

wbz-logo.jpg

BOSTON (CBS) – A transmission problem knocked out the signal to some WBZ-TV viewers on Saturday.

The outage began late Saturday afternoon and continued in Sunday, has mainly affecting Dish, Direct TV, and over-the-air viewers. Most cable viewers are not affected by the outage.

WBZ-TV is working around the clock with tower crews to resolve this issue as quickly as possible, though there is not yet an estimate on when that will happen.

CBS programming can be viewed on CBS All Access. Note that the NFL does not broadcast its games on CBS All Access.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Most of the bars use DirecTv so they will also be out of luck. I am probably going to watch on the RedZone channel.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

And I'm not crazy about the experience of being a solo woman at a sports bar, which tends to involve friendly patrons' non-stop attempts to explain how football works.
You could have a lot of fun with that though. Start out asking some of-the-wall questions, eventually leading up to a clear, difficult question that they can't answer. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back