PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Washington @ NE Rewatch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

luuked

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Just wanted to post one so we have a place to bundle stuff from Twitter sources and maybe even board-based X&O stuff together. It is preseason.. so temper your expectations in terms of content..

The usual rules apply. Please stay on topic and take discussions that are tangential elsewhere..

Just wanted to post one so we have a place to bundle stuff from Twitter sources and maybe even board-based X&O stuff together. It is preseason.. so temper your expectations in terms of content..

The usual rules apply. Please stay on topic and take discussions that are tangential elsewhere..

I will not temper expectations. I expect the same quality as if this was a regular season game.

Why I have Hill on the roster: blocking ability. Great job stepping up and punching the blitzer.

I heard some positive chatter about Harris last night, but every play I saw looked the same: unblocked into the backfield. He didn't really show any special ability. While he capitalized on the free hit by causing a fumble here, he didn't display any technique that bodes well for his future in the NFL. I still think he's caught in a numbers game and won't even make the PS.

On that Shelton highlight it seemed to me the Washington OG held his own. He was initially pushed back a yard but as the play progressed he ended up pushing Shelton back 3 yards, helping the run result in a positive gain.

On that Shelton highlight it seemed to me the Washington OG held his own. He was initially pushed back a yard but as the play progressed he ended up pushing Shelton back 3 yards, helping the run result in a positive gain.

The player next to him (Guy I think? Couldn't tell if it was #93) gets pushed back, opening a lane that otherwise wouldn't be there. Shelton stalemates in the middle, extends, and then controls the blocker on the way over to the running back. I don't think he got pushed back against his will. If the other DT played that properly, it would have been a run for no gain.

The player next to him (Guy I think? Couldn't tell if it was #93) gets pushed back, opening a lane that otherwise wouldn't be there. Shelton stalemates in the middle, extends, and then controls the blocker on the way over to the running back. I don't think he got pushed back against his will. If the other DT played that properly, it would have been a run for no gain.

Good point after rewatching the play. My eyes were initially glued to Shelton but Guy got absolutely no push there, just got swallowed up by the OL.

I was about to suggest the same thing. We will know for sure once the All22 is out (if it comes out for preseason) because there is so much stuff happening that it is difficult to tell.

Feed me some of that good Devin Lucien comfort food!

Develin played a total of four snaps on offense and made an impact on every one. He played 7 ST snaps and, IIRC, ended with at least a couple ST tackles.

Develin, along with Chung, Harmon, HT and a couple other veterans, are among several players who seemed ready to go for the regular season now.

Colt McCoy>Brian Hoyer. Stay healthy, Mr Brady: Brian Hoyer is no Matt Cassell!

Jeremy Hill>Mike Gilislee It's a disappointment, considering how happy I was when the Pats originally signed MG.

Cordarelle Patterson can catch the ball.

That's all I've got.

Volin's snap counts (offense & defense)

Special teams snap counts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye