SOURCE:Boston Herald

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Jets
Sun
Sep 22nd
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Blown Opportunity
The train in Foxboro will move on without Anotonio Brown, who is now on his own after what will likely go down as a huge blown opportunity for him.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Walking Dead Season 7 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by BaconGrundleCandy, Nov 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +48,969
    ---
    Another awesome episode. This show is going to miss Michonne when she’s gone. Now we’re headed to a very dark place if they’re following the plot of the comics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. BaconGrundleCandy

BaconGrundleCandy Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +8,903
    ---
    Tonight gonna be good. At its best twd always did a great job at tying in epi 15-16 & it looks like thats whats going on here. One big epi spilt in 2.

Supposedly, from spoilers we get some heads on sticks tonight at the end. Not sure if we see em but Carol def see Henry. Tara & Enid are there as well. Again not sure we see the whole reveal tonight.

Alpha also shows Derle their whole herd & supposedly its huge & would easily wreck the 3 communities.

Really hoping Lang can save Negan. Hoping she doesnt think too hard & just lets him be a nut for the good guys.

Definitely need the Negan/Beta "Big Guy" scene.

Also hearing a beta backstory for next year.

3. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +8,903
    ---
    That's so cool. Connie was pretty low key in the comics but is a fan fav on the show.
    I think I might be alone in not feeling Luke. Big Magna fan even though she was kinda ditched in the books. Like her show-self though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +48,969
    ---
    They need Negan more than ever now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +8,903
    ---
    Release the beast. How'd u like it?

6. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +48,969
    ---
    Haven't watched it yet. Just read about it. Can't wait until he takes out Alpha.

7. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +8,903
    ---
    It's a great one. Gimple tried making this epi for years & would hit like 2/5 every time he tried. Kang killed it man. Heads on sticks before the finale is pretty cool in my book. Really good one.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +48,969
    ---
    Supposedly, this isn't even the most shocking of the season yet. Read next week will take a hard left turn.

9. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +48,969
    ---
    @Nikolai you quit watching the show too early.

• Thank You Thank You x 1
  10. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,777
    ---
    I've had a couple people tell me this lately. I just remember the first episode or two of season 7(?) was such trash that I couldn't do it anymore. Where should I pick up?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +48,969
    ---
    I would say maybe the last episode or second to last episode of last season where the Savior War ended and then just start this season. Last season wasn't bad by Gimple standards, but the show has been a whole other beast since Kang took over. Considering what she had on her plate (falling viewership, having to kill off the main character), she has hit a home run.

12. maust1013

maust1013 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +12,039
    ---
    TBH I'm not so sure you should. It's certainly been substantially better this season in terms of pacing than the 'how long can we get away with milking this cow' pace of the last couple but it's far from where it was in it's glory days. For us it's gone from 'must see live' or next day on dvr territory to 'will get around to it on-demand' viewing. Sadly that's not far from watching out of habit territory. Conversely FTWD has kind of gone the other way. We had stopped watching it altogether but have happily returned to it. With the addition of Morgan and the great story telling device of Maggie Grace's Althea the post apocalypse journalist they've really breathed new life into a series whose previous leads had it spinning it's wheels into an unwatchable mess.

13. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +8,903
    ---
    Disagree on twd but im a fanboy. I just think this last season was really good & season B has been great.

Agree of Fear although I only really liked season B recently. It was a major shift from A & I'm not sure that can continue without just commiting to heading North & forgetting the South which I believe will get its own spin off.

Very interested to see Dwight & Morgon together. Different pair. Big fan of Al too.

14. maust1013

Ratings:
    +12,039
    ---
    I think when viewed from the standpoint of someone who has walked away from TWD and has good memories of having enjoyed it, and I know plenty of folks that fall in that category, I'm not sure there's enough here now to make it worth running the risk of putting a permanent bad taste for the series as a whole in their mouth. Truth be told I was happy to see most of the heads that were on those sticks up there and thought the show could benefit from having a couple more beside them. Henry in particular was so poorly written and acted that I would gladly have killed his annoying azz myself. Few great shows lose their mojo and spectacularly get it back a la Homeland. I'd certainly like to see TWD pull that off but I don't see anything so far that indicates much more than what at least seems to be a solid rally. I hope I'm wrong and it returns to or even exceeds it's former glory but after the intelligence insulting annoyance of the garbage pail kids and Geoffrey along with the way they milked the Saviors story line I'm more than pleased to be getting what we have this season.

After a good 1st couple of episodes FTWD really peed down it's leg out of the gate. They had a good chance to tell the story from the fertile perspective of how it all fell apart. Instead after a polite nod in that direction they gave us a thoroughly unlikeable cast that had us rooting for the dead. I haven't wanted the bad guys to hurry up and get to eating that much since the shark in Jaws 2. I think the tell me your story road trip device gives the show a great vehicle for looking backwards and telling the terrifying story it should have been telling from the start, how it all fell apart so completely.

15. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +48,969
    ---
    I think Negan’s role is going to be one of utter importance as the show moves forward. They really need to take him off his leash and sic him on these people. In the comics, he infiltrates their camp, is sickened by their ways (he believes its the duty of the strong to protect the weak which flies in the faces of The Whisperers and he’s also disgusted by rape), gets so deep into Alpha’s head that she breaks down in front of him, then slits her throat and saws her head off to bring back to Alexandria as a prize. All hell breaks loose after that. JDM is also too fine an actor and the fact that the show has been as good as it has with him in mop up duty should give you a lot of hope for the future under Kang’s direction.

As far as Sunday night’s episode? I enjoyed it very much. However, I think they would have been better served to go the comic route on that one and include Ezekiel and Rosita’s heads along with everyone else’s. Rosita has been pretty useless as a character this season so she is expendable, IMO, while her death would have been shocking. Ezekiel would be missed, but his death would have also increased the shock factor. Of everyone that was up there, really only Enid and Tara served a purpose this season. Henry got a lot of screen time, but his character was pretty bland. Still, though, very good stuff.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  16. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +8,903
    ---
    Agreed the heads were no names for the most part. Ro def should have been there bc she effects a few people that going foward would have cool to see play out.

Negans out next week w Gabe, Ro & a few others. Thinking Judith plays a part w him getting back on track. What better way to get him fired up where she's kidnapped or in danger.

I thought Alpha & Derles convo was the highlight. Alpha was great. Sick but so sweet. "So that is what I've done" pointing to 5000 walkers lol.

17. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +8,903
    ---
    Show beheadin in the right direction though.

I stole that

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +48,969
    ---
    If she's already in tears just thinking about Lydia, Negan is going to get so far into her head that he'll owe her rent. I can't wait for that. Just to watch them talk and hash things out knowing that, while they're both total psychopaths, their ideologies are completely conflicting.

19. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +8,903
    ---
    Oh fuk ya. Negan in the W camp could be epic. You know Carol will have Lydia baking cookies by next year rubbing it in Alphas face, basically stealing her daughter for what she did to Henry. Negan will be all over that sh/t.

This is all I want tbh negan-whisperers_1.jpg

20. maust1013

Ratings:
    +12,039
    ---
    I'm not up on the comics but it's not hard to see the show could really benefit from a serious dose of Negan right about now. JDM is great, he obviously embraces the larger than life personality that is Negan but the energy he brings to the character has perforce been subdued by his captive state. They need to release the beast, if for no other reason than the bounce he'd bring in the dialogue department.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019