VT takes a stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently, the Hokies have had enough:

RICHMOND, Va. -- Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick was dismissed from the team Friday, the result of numerous legal transgressions and his unsportsmanlike conduct in the Toyota Gator Bowl.

Glad to see that VT doesn't want thugs on its team.

Interesting questions for speculation--if the refs had caught him and ejected him, would he still be on the team? Will he keep playing somewhere else (if some other team will have him), or will he turn pro?

ctpatsfan77 said:
Apparently, the Hokies have had enough:

Glad to see that VT doesn't want thugs on its team.

Interesting questions for speculation--if the refs had caught him and ejected him, would he still be on the team? Will he keep playing somewhere else (if some other team will have him), or will he turn pro?

as posted on the other Vick thread, and from my cousin's email:

University President Charles Steger Statement on Marcus Vick

January 6, 2006

Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick has been permanently dismissed from the Hokie football program due to a cumulative effect of legal infractions and unsportsmanlike play.

Virginia Tech had suspended Vick in 2004. The university provided one last opportunity for Vick to become a citizen of the university and re-admitted him in January 2005, with the proviso that any future problems would result in automatic dismissal from the team.

Head Football Coach Frank Beamer met with Vick and his mother this afternoon and informed the quarterback and his family of the University's decision. His recent actions are unfortunate and we wish him well in his future endeavors.

Said Coach Frank Beamer, "I'm very disappointed that this didn't have a better ending. We wanted what's best for this football team and Marcus. I certainly wish him the best."

And, according to ESPN's SportsNation poll, 80% of respondents agree with VT on this one.

ctpatsfan77 said:
And, according to ESPN's SportsNation poll, 80% of respondents agree with VT on this one.

Ahhh yesss...

The Marcus Vick Experience!

A natural Raider, if ever there was one.

It's sad to see a young person struggle. It's even more sad to see an adult take any pleasure in such. I saw Vick stomp on Dumerville, it was obviously intentional. Vick should have apologized, i wish he had. But Vick has paid a very high price for his actions and has seriously damaged his reputation, I can't see why anyone would celebrate over these failures.

Maybe other people were right on the mark with every decision in their early twenties, I wasn't. Marcus Vick has messed up, everyone should pull for him to get himself straight, regardless of his football aspirations.

ctpatsfan77 said:
VT takes a stand

So he's not welcome in Vermont anymore? How do they expect to enforce that anyway?

Last edited:
JoeSixPat said:
So he's not welcome in Vermont anymore? How do they expect to enforce that anyway?

its Vermont

I think basic racial profiling should work :eek:

Flying Fungi said:
its Vermont

I think basic racial profiling should work :eek:
If you put his picture on the trees the moose will take it from there.

Box_O_Rocks said:
If you put his picture on the trees the moose will take it from there.

I could make another Don Mexico joke using this, but I won't.

JoeSixPat said:
I could make another Don Mexico joke using this, but I won't.
:p

That's too bad, he had alot of oppurtunities. IMO he was going to be a better QB than his brother, he's just as mobile but throws better.

Willie55 said:
That's too bad, he had alot of oppurtunities. IMO he was going to be a better QB than his brother, he's just as mobile but throws better.

He'll be alright. There are enough teams in the league that are hurting for QBs. He'll get drafted, and make a bundle anyway.

Can we get back to the real point of this thread?...Moose Vagina !

wistahpatsfan said:
Can we get back to the real point of this thread?...Moose Vagina !

They're fine, but usually require a little salt, maybe a dab of lemon juice, and a little A-1 sauce...

Na_polian said:
They're fine, but usually require a little salt, maybe a dab of lemon juice, and a little A-1 sauce...
m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m...moose vagina.

So let me get this straight....Vick gets pulled over for speeding and operating a vehicle without a licence 2 weeks before VT's Bowl appearance...yet no one at VT, no local officials, no local media... has any clue this has happened until after the Bowl game and after an ugly incident. Folks...we got ourselves a COVER UP.

"On Friday, it was revealed that Vick had been stopped for speeding and driving with a revoked or suspended license in Hampton on Dec. 17, Cpl. James West said. Vick's license had been taken away in August 2004 when he was cited for reckless driving and marijuana possession in New Kent County. Steger suspended Vick from school at that time, and warned that any additional problems would effectively end his time as a member of the Hokies' football team."The university provided one last opportunity for Vick to become a citizen of the university and readmitted him in January 2005, with the proviso that any future problems would result in automatic dismissal from the team," Steger said Friday."

Regardless if the University was aware of Vick's latest transgression, what does this say about the kid's character. "I ain't tellin nobody nuttin. What are they gonna do, kick me off the team. And so what...I'll be making big coin like my Bro in the NFL, Baby." Gotta love the values instilled in these college athletes by institutions of "higher education."

Brady'sButtBoy said:
It's sad to see a young person struggle. It's even more sad to see an adult take any pleasure in such. I saw Vick stomp on Dumerville, it was obviously intentional. Vick should have apologized, i wish he had. But Vick has paid a very high price for his actions and has seriously damaged his reputation, I can't see why anyone would celebrate over these failures.

Maybe other people were right on the mark with every decision in their early twenties, I wasn't. Marcus Vick has messed up, everyone should pull for him to get himself straight, regardless of his football aspirations.

Wrong! After he was dismissed from the team Vick's response was something like "No big deal, I'll just take it to the next level baby!".

Whoever gives Marcus Vick a chance in the NFL next year will jump to the top of my list of least respected organizations.

I KNOW it won't be the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey