PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

VIDEO: NFL Films Looks Back At The "Snow Plow Game"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just this past week, one of the machine operators at the local recycling place here in Pensacola where I take my beer cans, spotted the Patriots ball cap that I was wearing, and good-naturedly started his anti-Patriot verbal onslaught. He commenced by stating that he always liked and respected the Patriots until the game where they brought out the snow plow guy and took unfair advantage. After which, he in general, has hated the Patriots. It provided me with a good laugh.

And I had quite forgotten that the game ended on a score of 3-0, Patriots.

I still love those red jerseys and white pants!

Just this past week, one of the machine operators at the local recycling place here in Pensacola where I take my beer cans, spotted the Patriots ball cap that I was wearing, and good-naturedly started his anti-Patriot verbal onslaught. He commenced by stating that he always liked and respected the Patriots until the game where they brought out the snow plow guy and took unfair advantage. After which, he in general, has hated the Patriots. It provided me with a good laugh.

Everyone loved us when we were the stumble bums.
Now that we're a dynasty they hate us.
I can live with that.

Everyone loved us when we were the stumble bums.
Now that we're a dynasty they hate us.
I can live with that.
Actually they've always hated us since the merger.

Ignoring facts like the Patriots won the ninth most games in football [out of 28 teams] in a ten-year span, including 2-14 in 1981...Local and national media were giddier than they were for Celtics-Lakers, unleashing "the hapless Patriots" and "the Patriots are a laughingstock" etc.; while nobody mentions that that 1981 season was the only losing record for the Pats in a span of 13 years. We deservedly make the Super Bowl in 1986, kicking the crap out of all the best teams in the AFC with a should-be backup QB and it's "The Patriots don't belong there", followed by a fake drug "scandal", and anybody ever wonder how the Giants or Cowboys would have responded if Lisa Olson had wandered into their locker room and started ogling undressed players? Then, we beat the Steelers in the '02 AFCCG in Pittsburgh and instead of "Congratulations!" it's "The Patriots cheated."

The fans in other cities liked us before because we had the coolest uniforms. That, and their fondness of us, ended in 1993.

Gee. talk about home field advantage..!
Gotta love the good old days when you could drive without seatbelts , airbags , and abs brakes that were invented for dimwit idiots who can't drive .... and you could pee into cattle troughs at stadiums and sit on aluminum benches in 20 degree temps.. drinking out of pitchers... And a guy drives a John Deere yard mower on the field.. cool ! No problem! ...:cool:

Hey dustcover... Say hello to tb12, atj, karp, muzz, wozzy, digger, NYC, prairie,potfolio,pcIV, Elvis, crzytroy, etc... Ya know.. give regards from coolade.. hehee :cool:

Gee. talk about home field advantage..!
Gotta love the good old days when you could drive without seatbelts , airbags , and abs brakes that were invented for dimwit idiots who can't drive .... and you could pee into cattle troughs at stadiums and sit on aluminum benches in 20 degree temps.. drinking out of pitchers... And a guy drives a John Deere yard mower on the field.. cool ! No problem! ...:cool:
Yeah, you're right. Seatbelts and airbags suck. Who needs 'em?

Surely not the people or kids killed by them .. but I still pay my insurance dont worry chief.

Surely not the people or kids killed by them .. but I still pay my insurance dont worry chief.
Not the least bit concerned, Ace...

Remember the game and the subsequent brouhaha well... when you hear the names Gary Woodley and John Smith, it brings a smile.. much different game and much different NFL times..

In 2015 "Delusional Don" still was all butthurt over the snowplow issue.. remember and repeat often, "The Miami Dolphins always play by the rules" his rant in his 30+ years in the NFL he never heard about the air pressure in a football is laughable..

Don Shula is still perplexed by 'Snowplow' game vs. Patriots

Remember the game and the subsequent brouhaha well... when you hear the names Gary Woodley and John Smith, it brings a smile.. much different game and much different NFL times..

In 2015 "Delusional Don" still was all butthurt over the snowplow issue.. remember and repeat often, "The Miami Dolphins always play by the rules" his rant in his 30+ years in the NFL he never heard about the air pressure in a football is laughable..

Don Shula is still perplexed by 'Snowplow' game vs. Patriots
F*ck Don Shula to hell

Also .. I don't need 'em when riding my motorcycle going 110mph. so why get a ticket driving 30mph with a ton of car around me.. o_O cuz I'm not strapped to it. ? And I got an exploding bubble aimed at my face if a freak accident happens.

Then you go to get a sticker and find out all this super safety gear has to be maintained at your expense after you already paid for it whether you use it or want it? I had an abs brake light come on my dash.. dealer said abs computer was out. $2400. I said huh? I don't use it. It's just there if you're skidding . How can it be worn out? Um.. you can't get sticker unless it's fixed.. thx so much.o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes