PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

VIDEO: Episode 4 Of Elite Eats With Kyle Van Noy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that 100% of a player's time is unreasonable to expect. However, if you think shooting anything that actually airs on any television channel with enough viewership to get watched, is a five-minute process, you just haven't been a part of video production. I have a background in film production, and shooting even just a thirty-second commercial for the Armed Forces Network is an all-day affair even just for the talent and production crew; and the producer and other behind-the-scenes folk spent weeks on it, from the script to storyboarding to location scouting to casting etc., before it got to that point.

Even speaking strictly about only the time spent filming: for every minute of screen time you see on air, you can count on them having shot ten minutes of footage, usually more. And you don't just show up and start shooting instantly: for every minute of shooting there's five minutes of lighting set-up, makeup, set design, sound set-up, camera re-positioning, talent coaching from the director, etc. Shooting a twenty-two-minute segment (leaving eight minutes for commercials) is easily a twelve-hour day.

How long do you think Van Noy and Karras was at the restaurant? Three or four hours?

I'm sure KVN hired a crew to handle the editing etc...

Anyway I really don't see the big deal in it at all. To each his own.

I agree that 100% of a player's time is unreasonable to expect. However, if you think shooting anything that actually airs on any television channel with enough viewership to get watched, is a five-minute process, you just haven't been a part of video production. I have a background in film production, and shooting even just a thirty-second commercial for the Armed Forces Network is an all-day affair even just for the talent and production crew; and the producer and other behind-the-scenes folk spent weeks on it, from the script to storyboarding to location scouting to casting etc., before it got to that point.

Even speaking strictly about only the time spent filming: for every minute of screen time you see on air, you can count on them having shot ten minutes of footage, usually more. And you don't just show up and start shooting instantly: for every minute of shooting there's five minutes of lighting set-up, makeup, set design, sound set-up, camera re-positioning, talent coaching from the director, etc. Shooting a twenty-two-minute segment (leaving eight minutes for commercials) is easily a twelve-hour day.

500 words on if marrying your sister is frowned upon in Tennessee
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
500 words on if marrying your sister is frowned upon in Tennessee
Thanks in advance
And you're still a fatuous fool. How many Ivy League universities have you gotten accepted to, jackass? You probably work in a factory and live with your parents.

And I promise you you wouldn't talk to me like that in person. Your keyboard bravado would dry up quick.

0eZh24w.gif

This is easily the most moronic post I have ever seen on this site.

Sorry man I haven't been around that much

I don't drink, have never done a drug, apart from the rare doctor's prescription, in my life, and I have five degrees including one from Johns Hopkins.

I'm sorry, I'm pushing 60 so I should know better but you must be a blast at parties. Okay I haven't been to one in a decade or two, old habits. This is actually the age where one admits that fuggit, can't argue it anymore, that is by far the better course to happiness. Seriously. Way more fulfilling. And no cracks about them naming JHU after the customers of prostitutes. That would be immature. But that would be funny.

But I'm sure you're far more accomplished just by virtue of being from a northern state.

Okay, here's where the state of my birth and the state of my residence since age 6 are at odds. Just to make it fun I'm now a southern Jew, so the car on blocks in the front yard is a BMW...

I try as much as possible not to make posts directly attacking the character of other posters, but you're a simpleton and a fool.

I'm the mayor of Simpleton and I've never seen the guy in my life.

So I hope that qualifies as a warm welcome... but if you're not from a northern state, even a long time ago, how did you get into the Patriots? (I'm afraid you might end up meeting a lot of Massholes that way, from the view South of the Mason Dixon.)

Sorry man I haven't been around that much

I'm sorry, I'm pushing 60 so I should know better but you must be a blast at parties. Okay I haven't been to one in a decade or two, old habits. This is actually the age where one admits that fuggit, can't argue it anymore, that is by far the better course to happiness. Seriously. Way more fulfilling. And no cracks about them naming JHU after the customers of prostitutes. That would be immature. But that would be funny.

Okay, here's where the state of my birth and the state of my residence since age 6 are at odds. Just to make it fun I'm now a southern Jew, so the car on blocks in the front yard is a BMW...

I'm the mayor of Simpleton and I've never seen the guy in my life.

So I hope that qualifies as a warm welcome... but if you're not from a northern state, even a long time ago, how did you get into the Patriots? (I'm afraid you might end up meeting a lot of Massholes that way, from the view South of the Mason Dixon.)
I have an uncle who lived in D.C. for a few years when he was young, and he was a Redskins fan, so I became a 'Skins fan at the age of seven and followed them religiously for many years; I got to enjoy the Gibbs years, the greatness of Riggins, Doug Williams' great day against the Broncos in the Super Bowl, etc. But then Snyder came along. He was such a consistent bozo that I finally had to disown them after a few years of his ownership. And so I was drifting aimlessly with my fanhood when I happened to be watching the Super Bowl one Sunday with some friends, and there was this team out of nowhere that upset the Greatest Show on Turf, and the rest is history.

I drank quite a fair amount my first three years of college, and had more than a couple less-than-illustrious moments at parties or bars. I just got tired of waking up feeling like crap the next day and having to work twice as hard to get my run or workout done.

I have an uncle who lived in D.C. for a few years when he was young, and he was a Redskins fan, so I became a 'Skins fan at the age of seven and followed them religiously for many years; I got to enjoy the Gibbs years, the greatness of Riggins, Doug Williams' great day against the Broncos in the Super Bowl, etc. But then Snyder came along. He was such a consistent bozo that I finally had to disown them after a few years of his ownership. And so I was drifting aimlessly with my fanhood when I happened to be watching the Super Bowl one Sunday with some friends, and there was this team out of nowhere that upset the Greatest Show on Turf, and the rest is history.

I drank quite a fair amount my first three years of college, and had more than a couple less-than-illustrious moments at parties or bars. I just got tired of waking up feeling like crap the next day and having to work twice as hard to get my run or workout done.

Been a Pats fan since moving to VA at a young age. As you can imagine, my fanhood got challenged and tested... by the time Riggo was making all these locals happy I was resigned to see my boys have their shot maybe once a decade, dreaming that one day we'd win the big one. In 2001 I thought, don't get ****y... we'll get there the first time, then win it if we can stay at that high level... you know, since the 01 Rams were invincible. :)

I was drunk as hell when that first Adam N Leave kick went through and started thinking, "That's number 1 baby, tonight a dynasty is born..." Then I remember we really squeaked by the rams, didn't dominate anybody really, etc. I settled in for 10 more years without seeing my team in a SB if need be, and quietly hoped. 2002 confirmed my theory. From then on, not so much :D

It's been the best ride any football fan could ask for, and this game won't see a better one. It's that much better for the several decades of not-Belichick/Brady before this era.

Been a Pats fan since moving to VA at a young age. As you can imagine, my fanhood got challenged and tested... by the time Riggo was making all these locals happy I was resigned to see my boys have their shot maybe once a decade, dreaming that one day we'd win the big one. In 2001 I thought, don't get ****y... we'll get there the first time, then win it if we can stay at that high level... you know, since the 01 Rams were invincible. :)

I was drunk as hell when that first Adam N Leave kick went through and started thinking, "That's number 1 baby, tonight a dynasty is born..." Then I remember we really squeaked by the rams, didn't dominate anybody really, etc. I settled in for 10 more years without seeing my team in a SB if need be, and quietly hoped. 2002 confirmed my theory. From then on, not so much :D

It's been the best ride any football fan could ask for, and this game won't see a better one. It's that much better for the several decades of not-Belichick/Brady before this era.
Watching the Diesel run in his prime was right up there with watching Brady lead a game-winning drive as one of the greatest thrills in all my years of watching football. A few months ago I saw "A Football Life," or one of those mini-docs, about Riggins, and they showed a forty-yard run he made in the Super Bowl where he just de-cleated a defensive player (can't recall if it was a DB or a LB), ran straight through him and rumbled on to the end zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down