PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Victor Cruz: Pats want NO PARTS of NYG if we (both) were to make SB LI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why all this talk about a team that's not going to come out of the NFC East? Without a viable running game, Eli is a turnover machine.

It's the chicken littles that keep starting giants threads

Yes Eli and Vereen's replacement or Zeke and Dallas OL ... Yeah tough call

We're on to Miami!

So many opposing players, teams, and fans seem to want to ride the Pats' coattails into relevance.

I don't hear anybody saying the the last team the Giants want to see is the Pats, or the last coach a team wants to see is BB, or the last QB another team wants to see across the line if scrimmage is Tom Brady.

It doesn't have to be said, because the fact that the Pats get brought into the discussion is a tacit admission that the Pats, BB, and TFB are the gold standard.

The postseason discussion that I saw last week for the AFC centered around which team can best the Pats, they weren't asking who can beat the Chiefs or who can beat the Raiders.

It gets to be tiresome, but I guess there is something to be said for the Pats getting to live in their heads rent free.

I don't think the Patriots care who they play. They will play whomever lines up across from them. As a fan, I certainly think the Giants do some things that are concerning. Mainly, they can rush the passer and they can cover. Overall, I do not think this year's Giants team is as talented as previous years, but if a team can rush 4 and cover well, then the Patriots have difficulty scoring points.

One difference from this year on the Patriots is they have a very versatile offense. Able to run the ball with multiple RBs, throw the ball to different receivers, a "healthy TE" and 3 receivers that can do real damage.

Yeah. As a fan, I don't want any part of them.

I'd like to think that I don't believe in jinxes...but, in this case, I guess I believe they have the Pats number...

However, as others have suggested, the Giants have a lot of work to do if they're going to get to Houston...as do the Pats.

Without Coughlin, Cruz's statements are the only threats they have.

Sort of like how Baltimore always plays them and tough, and they can never win in Denver?

I kind of want it, now. The Pats players were pissed about the Ravens talking about all of their "success" in Foxboro, and Belichick even mentioned the media talking about the Patriots struggles in Denver in his post game speech to the team. They feed off of this stuff.

Yeah. As a fan, I don't want any part of them.

I'd like to think that I don't believe in jinxes...but, in this case, I guess I believe they have the Pats number...

However, as others have suggested, the Giants have a lot of work to do if they're going to get to Houston...as do the Pats.

I don't believe in jinxes, but I DO believe in a biased NFL* front office that may be inclined to tip the scales in favor of their desired outcome, whether it be to get a "Harbaugh Bowl", a last ring for Ray Lewis or Peyton Manning, and a SB win by a NY team over a Boston team on a FU tour that is destroying all competition in their path, especially one that is looking to make history by going undefeated after being screwed over by Integrity Incorporated.

He's right........but I'm surprised he'd say that given that he's getting a little ahead of himself.
How did 2 posters disagree when your post is fact? Making any comment about the SB means one mind isn't focused

Beware, hombre, Baltimore Ravens' Terrell Suggs was saying quite the same BS, and then his team collapsed : it may be a jinx. Good luck hermano.

Also, their only real weapon is a headcase. Butler will jaw at him the whole game and get in his head.

Before the little princess had a flip out over Norman in 2015, he did a lot of the same after the whistle stuff with Butler in the Pats game. All you have to do with Beckham is get physical with him at the LOS and bump him off his timing throughout the first half. He'll lose his cool from there and will no longer be the kind of receiver that he's capable of being. It's too personal for him.

Through his first 6 post-season games Jake Delhomme had a rating north of 100, a 10:2 TD:INT ratio and was 5-1. His next two games he returned to earth with a rating of about 35, a 2:8 TD:INT ratio and two ugly losses. Delhomme had been among the all time elite post season performers playing well above his career averages. Everything went his way.......until it didn't.

I think Eli is playing with house money and the time for the law of averages to catch up with his lucky ass is coming. I predict they're one and done.

I don't believe in jinxes, but I DO believe in a biased NFL* front office that may be inclined to tip the scales in favor of their desired outcome, whether it be to get a "Harbaugh Bowl", a last ring for Ray Lewis or Peyton Manning, and a SB win by a NY team over a Boston team on a FU tour that is destroying all competition in their path, especially one that is looking to make history by going undefeated after being screwed over by Integrity Incorporated.
Agree with most of that...but I still believe in jinxes (since mine is a completely irrational point of view, it is logically irrefutable :) ).

Suggs said something a bit similar. Tough talk means nothing.

yeah, but only because we're worried that OBJ would have a bad game and go on a shooting spree because that dude has MENTAL ISSUES

I don't think the Pats care who they face. And they certainly aren't thinking about that now. Maybe Cruz could take a page out of that book.

Maybe some "Pats fans" are scurred, but I most of us have level heads. Hell, facing the Gnats and skullcrushing them might be pretty damned cathartic.

As for OBJ (i.e. the great offensive hope for the Gnats), he's a total headcase and Butler's chippy style is perfect for getting into his head. And if I recall, Butler did pretty damned well against him last year.

Yeah, keep talking about hypotheticals. Shift your focus away from actually doing something in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots