PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vick Indicted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sick stuff..if its true, I hope he never sees a football field again....

In or about March of 2003 PEACE, after consulting with VICK about the losing female pit bull's condition, executed the losing dog by wetting the dog down with water and electrocuting the animal

In the way that, once you look at the big picture, it establishes a very dangerous precedent that the system cannot live up to. I think he should be fined, and fined heavily. But when you start sending people to jail for dogfighting, as cruel a sport as it is, you're either on your way to full criminalization of animal endangerment in general, or very hypocritical. What if Vick bred dogs for consumption, would that be cruel enough grounds for indictment?

And what the hell is wrong with criminal pentalties for willful animal cruelty?! Dog fighting is not a "sport," it's a freaking barbaric, evil crime! You seem like a guy who spends a lot of time ruminating and very little time feeling. Amazing.

heh, this is from the Falcons website...

The Atlanta Falcons issued the following statement regarding the U.S. District Court indictment of Falcons QB Michael Vick Tuesday evening:

"This situation has been troubling to many people, including our fans, during the last few months. With today’s news, our club and team will continue to be tested as Michael works through the legal process toward a conclusion.

We are disappointed that one of our players – and therefore the Falcons – is being presented to the public in a negative way, and we apologize to our fans and the community for that.

Obviously, we are disturbed by today’s news from Virginia. However, we are prepared to deal with it, and we will do the right thing for our club as the legal process plays out. We have a season to prepare for and training camp opens next week. Our plan is to continue to do everything we can to support our players and coaches."

Being presented in a negative way????

Last edited:
the offense is punishable by up to six years with something like a $350,000 fine. of course, he'll never get anything like that...but we'll see...

In the way that, once you look at the big picture, it establishes a very dangerous precedent that the system cannot live up to. I think he should be fined, and fined heavily. But when you start sending people to jail for dogfighting, as cruel a sport as it is, you're either on your way to full criminalization of animal endangerment in general, or very hypocritical. What if Vick bred dogs for consumption, would that be cruel enough grounds for indictment?

Edit: The indictment is strictly for animal fighting.

FINED only? Any amount he could be fined that wouldn't also set a ridiculous precedent would be a drop in the bucket. Give me a break. Fined.

I know! Let's make him write lines instead. " I shall not torture dogs." one hundred times.

Fined!:rolleyes:

eta: This story makes me absolutely sick. The details of that indictment are appalling. "Vick" has become a new four letter word for me. As far as I'm concerned, NOTHING that could happen to so evil a person could be bad enough. I want him OUT of the NFL and preferably off this planet.

Last edited:
And what the hell is wrong with criminal pentalties for willful animal cruelty?! Dog fighting is not a "sport," it's a freaking barbaric, evil crime! You seem like a guy who spends a lot of time ruminating and very little time feeling. Amazing.
You misread my post. I think participants in dogfighting should be fined, but not necessarily sent to jail. The real issue is how to legislate cruelty to animals that we already legally kill for food and clothing. By making mistreatment of animals into any more than a minor offense, you create an imbalance of crime and punishment in the system.

The Falcons have instantly became the team most likely to hear the following words in April 2008....

As the first pick in the 2008 draft,The Atlanta Falcons select.....

How awesome would that be if we traded our number 1 with the falcons instead of the 49ers

Edit: The indictment is strictly for animal fighting.

Hey, some cultures EAT dogs.
Word up is that carnivores are too 'rich' tasting.

Last edited:
You misread my post. I think participants in dogfighting should be fined, but not necessarily sent to jail. The real issue is how to legislate cruelty to animals that we already legally kill for food and clothing. By making mistreatment of animals into any more than a minor offense, you create an imbalance of crime and punishment in the system.

Wow I never thought of this tact by Vick apologists. I knew it was coming...FarScapeR do you post on ESPN because I read the same excuse there. They have some real beauts on the comments after the Clayton article, but mainly along the if he ate the dogs it would be ok...oh and riding horses is just as bad as dog fighting apparently.

Funny I didn't read ANY of these excuses UNTIL Vick got indicted. Once the apologists hole card was shown to be a joker they shifted direction and now apparently in spite of the fact it IS a FELONY to conduct a dog fight the apologists have adopted the Clinton Portis school of though with a little PETA spin on it.

People need to read the indictment. When you do also realize that ISN'T all of the evidence either. It is the bare minimum that the Feds believe was needed to achieve the indictment. Also for those like Clayton that think a Federal prosecutor "could indict a ham sandwich" realize that the Feds have a conviction rate of 98% of indicted persons.

Vick has the money to get an "unfair" trial (good for him attacking the investigators NOT the EVIDENCE) and he might get a sweetheart deal in the end...but this isn't some backwater town DA or city that can't afford the blizzard of paperwork used by people with money to get cases thrown out because of the problems it causes with a cities budget or case load...this is the Feds. He will have to acknowledge his involvement at minimum and he will not be able to continue to LIE.

I am happy we will not have to hear how "great" Vick is this year after he throws for 200 yards in one game and how he finally is breaking out if he has more than two games in a row where he doesn't turn the ball over 5 times.

Of course now we will have to hear about the Paris Hilton aspect of this case for the next year.

Not sure what Goodall is going to do. I just read how Pac thinks he is going to be able to practice and play preseason with the Titans and is currently allowed to go to the Titan facilities more than Goodall originally stated he could. I hope this isn't a wink, wink nod suspension that Pac is getting. If it is then I don't have much hope for Goodall to do the right thing in this case as Vick is a bigger marketing player and while heinous charges he still probably has a way to go to be as big a douche as "Pac".

No he didn't misread it. You referred to it as a sport.
>>But when you start sending people to jail for dogfighting, as cruel a sport as it is>>>
It is NOT sport but glorified animal cruelty that is a felony in 48 states. You're in the minority here and it doesn't include just dog lovers but most people with a conscience.

>>But when you start sending people to jail for dogfighting, as cruel a sport as it is>>>
It is NOT sport but glorified animal cruelty that is a felony in 48 states. You're in the minority here and it doesn't include just dog lovers but most people with a conscience.

A conscience and a heart.

I'd say a brain as well, but I'm starting to feel like the Wizard of Oz.

Yes! Suspend this guy for life, what a sick mother ****er he is! I hate Vick almost as much as I hate the Pats. ;)

guess u really love Mike a lot. you seen to be here just about everyday and trying to fit in..so u really dont hate us. i know it

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?p=434604#post434604

Please don't label me a Vick apologist just because I question the reasoning behind American animal cruelty laws. That's an equivalent accusing someone of supporting terrorists because he or she doesn't approve of the war in Iraq.

Dogfighting is cruel and barbaric, I agree. Should Vick be held responsible and liable? I think so. Should he be suspended? Possibly and he probably will. Should he go to jail? I don't think so and I don't think he will.

But let's not kid ourselves here. Nobody would give a rat's ass if this were a pirhana fighting ring or a snake fighting ring.

I feel sad about Vick....but MORE sad about the dogs and what was done to them....it's a sick sport that some seem to love..and for the 99% of others..they see it as a step above being a child predator...sick...Let's see what Goodell does..and I HOPE he will not back down at all. This is a test for him..to see how big his B***s are. I think simpoly put..he should go bye-bye for awhile until the trial is over...I wonder what he would do if instead of a star, it was the 53rd player on a team?? My gut says he would be gone for life...would he do that with Vick??

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?p=434604#post434604
But let's not kid ourselves here. Nobody would give a rat's ass if this were a pirhana fighting ring or a snake fighting ring.

completely understand you. perfect logic except that not animals are treated equal. think about it. its a lot different to watch a pooch suffer versus an ant or something. it's the same reason animal testing rarely occurs with monkeys and is usually done with mice. so I wouldn't say that there is no difference between different animals concerning animal cruelty.

Geez, fighting in the arena was called a sport as well. Not that forcing people to fight to the death was any less repulsive, but it was called a sport. Don't take my use of the term to imply any legitimacy to dogfighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back