PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vick accepts plea deal [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Vick accepts plea deal

CNN cites the Virginian Pilot, who cites Vick's attorney.

Very smart not to go to trial, in the court of public opinion he would be a little lower than whale crap...

Just saw this as breaking news. Details of the deal?

Well, there goes one of the media's favorite darlings (either way he was done)...

From what I heard from it I believe he is avoiding getting any further charges (Rico) on him. Not sure beyond that.

Chris

The interesting thing will be whether Arthur Blank and the NFL try to come after him for some of his signing bonus. Of course, they can cut him, but the bonus might be more difficult. I hope they do, because he deserves to lose as much over this as possible.
The sad part, though, is that the poor dogs are gone or severely traumatised because of this evil. :mad:

ok now that he has accepted the deal and plead guilty I can say it...

Mike Vick, you are one sick M'Fing piece of trash.....Someone should slap your mother for the way she raised you and your degenerate brother! You deserve no less than a LIFETIME BAN FROM THE NFL and the mocking laughter you will surely have to endure whenever you go out into public ( a luxury I hope they take away from you for a long long time)

I hope the 20 grand total you probably won on gambling on those poor creatures was worth it! Go kill yourself!

This is ESPN's link on the plea. Some are reporting on the Falcons site a sentence of 18-36 months, but they can't know what the deal is until the judge sentences. The prosecutor can make a recommendation, but the way Vick dragged his feet I doubt he gets much help from anyone. If he merely pleads guilty to the same things the other 3 admitted in their plea agreements, he's done in football because of the gambling activities. Sentencing won't take place until November, unless they move it up in the absence of a trial. He's essentially gone for at least a year if not 2, and then comes any pending discipline - if in fact it isn't banned for life. Must have finally listened to Billy Martin with the Grand Jury reconvening this AM. Once they handed down another bill of indictment, he'd have been looking at a best case scenario of any plea involving incarceration for upwards of several years.

As for his bonus, it will be easy for Blank to recover some of it. The question will be how much since there was a lot of converting going on between roster and signing bonus. Upwards of $28M is potentially recoverable, but anything they get back will ighten the load on what would otherwise reportedly be a $15M dead cap hit in 2008. And I don't think they necessarily have to physically get it back, just grieve for it and have the ruling go in their favor.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2983121

Very smart not to go to trial, in the court of public opinion he would be a little lower than whale crap...

Not to mention if he held out, the prosecutors were going to for a RICO endictment, in which case he would have been facing 10-20.

What a maroon!

Mike Vick, you are one sick M'Fing piece of trash.....Someone should slap your mother for the way she raised you and your degenerate brother! You deserve no less than a LIFETIME BAN FROM THE NFL and the mocking laughter you will surely have to endure whenever you go out into public ( a luxury I hope they take away from you for a long long time)

I hope the 20 grand total you probably won on gambling on those poor creatures was worth it! Go kill yourself!

What he said...:)

In typical Vick fashion it would appear he has publicly agreed to plead guilty without actually having a plea agreement in place...LOL

The Feds were apparently caught off guard, a spokesman for the prosecutor said a plea was news to him, busy as they were with the Grand Jury they convened this AM in Richmond to secure that superceding indictment...

ESPN has updated their blurb on the plea to reflect that:

"Prosecutors, who were seeking a prison term of 12 to 18 months, have yet to formally agree to the plea, a source told ESPN's Kelly Naqi.

"After consulting with his family over the weekend, Michael Vick asked that I announce today that he has reached an agreement with federal prosecutors regarding the charges pending against him," lead defense attorney Billy Martin said in a statement.

"Mr. Vick has agreed to enter a plea of guilty to those charges and to accept full responsibility for his actions and the mistakes he has made. Michael wishes to apologize again to everyone who has been hurt by this matter."

Vick's plea hearing will be Aug. 27 at 10:30 a.m. ET, Martin said. Judge Henry Hudson said Monday that no details of the plea agreement will be made public before Vick's hearing.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has barred Vick from the Falcons' training camp but has withheld further action while the league conducts its own investigation. League sources tell ESPN's Chris Mortensen that Goodell will likely suspend Vick indefinitely and that a final decision on Vick's suspension will be made after his legal case is resolved.

Vick is charged with conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and conspiracy to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture.

Martin's announcement came as a grand jury that could add new charges met in private. Prosecutors had said that a superseding indictment was in the works, but Vick's plea all but means he will not face additional charges.

Three of Vick's original co-defendants already have pleaded guilty and agreed to testify against him if the case went to trial. Quanis Phillips of Atlanta and Purnell Peace of Virginia Beach signed statements saying Vick, 27, participated in executing at least eight underperforming dogs by various means, including drowning and hanging.

Phillips, Peace and Tony Taylor, who pleaded guilty last month, also said Vick provided virtually all of the gambling and operating funds for his "Bad Newz Kennels" operation in Surry County, Va., not far from Vick's hometown of Newport News.

The gambling allegations alone could trigger a lifetime ban under the NFL's personal conduct policy. "

A few things...it looks like this is a PRIVATE agreement...so little will be made public. THIS is shameful IF it's the case. While RICO charges are avoided..I think state charges STILL could be pending and NOT AT ALL part of any agreement. Gambling charges?? These could sink him for life.

It'll be interesting to see the outcome.

Does anyone think that Vick will get more than the 90 days that Leonard Little got for murdering that mother of 3 kids while he was driving plastered?

Does anyone think that Vick will get more than the 90 days that Leonard Little got for murdering that mother of 3 kids while he was driving plastered?

That's right. Not a lot of people talk about Leonard Little killing that woman while he was ripped...

Last edited:

Um, yes.

And just because they ****ed up with Little doesn't mean the scum should get off any easier because he was "only" electrocuting, hanging and drowning dogs and not someone's mother.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down