Search

Vax - Check in (relatively) safe

2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

ForThoseAboutToRock

In the Starting Line-Up
so the press release you cite is from July 2020. The Peer Reviewed study I linked is from April 2021. IOW the press release has been superseded by a Peer Reviewed Study.
The study you posted is from October 2020.

Also, it's hot garbage.

He writes: "The physical properties of medical and non-medical facemasks suggest that facemasks are ineffective to block viral particles due to their difference in scales [16], [17], [25]." None of the cites he provided support this. There is ample evidence that viral particles are blocked by masks, especially medical grade ones, and even more so the N95's. Also, "due to difference in scales" is unsubstantiated to the point of being meaningless.

Further, he writes: "In normal conditions at the sea level, air contains 20.93% O2 and 0.03% CO2, providing partial pressures of 100 mmHg and 40 mmHg for these gases in the arterial blood, respectively. These gas concentrations significantly altered when breathing occurs through facemask." There is no citation for this proposition because it's totally made up.

patsfan13

Hall of Fame Poster
PatsFans.com Supporter
The study you posted is from October 2020.

Also, it's hot garbage.

He writes: "The physical properties of medical and non-medical facemasks suggest that facemasks are ineffective to block viral particles due to their difference in scales [16], [17], [25]." None of the cites he provided support this. There is ample evidence that viral particles are blocked by masks, especially medical grade ones, and even more so the N95's. Also, "due to difference in scales" is unsubstantiated to the point of being meaningless.

Further, he writes: "In normal conditions at the sea level, air contains 20.93% O2 and 0.03% CO2, providing partial pressures of 100 mmHg and 40 mmHg for these gases in the arterial blood, respectively. These gas concentrations significantly altered when breathing occurs through facemask." There is no citation for this proposition because it's totally made up.

As opposed to your unsubstantiated assertations?

ForThoseAboutToRock

In the Starting Line-Up
As opposed to your unsubstantiated assertations?
I posted evidence from within this paper that demonstrates why it's shoddy. Citing sources as proof of a point which the cited source don't address is an extremely weak way to support an argument. Just click through to the links [16], [17] and [25] in the paper, and ctrl-F for "mask" and see what the cited papers say. Nothing at all to support the notion "ineffective to block viral particles".

Also, citing no sources for the proposition I underlined above about the % of gas is total amateur hour. It's high school level science writing to make some bold point that could be scientifically measured without providing any support at all to that bold point is a suggestion that the author did basically no research. A college freshman would be expected to do better.

An author who does these kinds of things is not an author worth spending any time on. They've ruined their own credibility as an authority. I've already wasted way too much time on this trash.

Scotty

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Latest on the J and J vaccine in the good old EU is that "the benefits significantly outweigh the chances of getting blood clots". I think the report I read stated that catching Covid itself lead to more instances of blood clots than the vaccines themselves.

Scotty

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Its ok guys , we need to let off some steam before draft night.....lol

patsfan13

Hall of Fame Poster
PatsFans.com Supporter
Accept the fact that you allowed yourself to get sucked into an article that was pure garbage and you only posted it because it supposedly supported the narrative you insist to run with.

in other words, you’re full of sh*t
A peer reviewed study is garbage but a press release by ‘experts’ is credible?
Whatever.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
A peer reviewed study is garbage but a press release by ‘experts’ is credible?
Whatever.

the peers of a fraud are frauds.........face it, you insist on posting crap without vetting it. you will lie to make your point.....therefore, you are full of sh*t

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Accept the fact that you allowed yourself to get sucked into an article that was pure garbage and you only posted it because it supposedly supported the narrative you insist to run with.

in other words, you’re full of sh*t
13's one of the legion of the ignored for me, but from quoted bits it seems that he's making an argument against the efficacy of masks based on "scale." I would not be at all surprised that he's peddling junk science again, but what's especially rich is this is the guy who complained about reports of loss of containment of a nuclear meltdown because of a hole in a containment structure of only an inch. I remember vividly asking him repeatedly whether radioactive particles were greater or less than an inch in diameter.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
So, uh, how’s everyone’s post-vaccination life going?

View attachment 32301

pretty good......but then again, it's always at least pretty good...it's been 15 months since I've sat/eaten inside at a restaurant/bar....over the same period, I've polished off near a case of Maker's Mark and god knows how much weed.......running out of things to stream......resorting to teen love stories

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
pretty good......but then again, it's always at least pretty good...it's been 15 months since I've sat/eaten inside at a restaurant/bar....over the same period, I've polished off near a case of Maker's Mark and god knows how much weed.......running out of things to stream......resorting to teen love stories
Go outside and start watching stuff like this again...