2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

denverpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
You have no problem wearing shoes and shirts to a restaurant but a mask is too much?

the only reason rules are ever necessary is because there are too many idiots who will not do the right thing on their own.
Been wearing the masks when required for the past year plus. I don't like it but understand why we are doing it. I'm not going to a concert untill there are no rules. I'm not dealing with it. My choice.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Been wearing the masks when required for the past year plus. I don't like it but understand why we are doing it. I'm not going to a concert untill there are no rules. I'm not dealing with it. My choice.

you say you don’t like it....so you wouldn’t do it if you didn’t have to...sounds like mandating it was exactly the right thing to do

betterthanthealternative

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
ESPECIALLY since 40% are asymptomatic. You can't spend the last year screaming about how contagious this is and then ignore that impact on herd immunity.

The "asymptomatic" thing can be misleading. I've had a mild case of COVID, and am recently vaccinated, and in both cases I had inflammatory symptoms that I otherwise would have ignored or attributed to something else. It was a wake up call to what was actually going on in my body that I wasn't acutely noticing.

There's evidence that this virus sets off a global inflammatory response. Some of that will just be mild pain (joints) or short term (breathing). Some of it will actually do internal organ damage, especially if compromised already. Even the TB12 method won't save us!

Reactions: Ian

denverpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Update. The GF had a fever for 12 hours. My arm is feeling better after 36 hours. FWIW

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
My second shot is next week. It’s on a Thursday so I’m already expecting to feel like crap Friday and through the weekend, and then hopefully, that’ll be it. Looking forward to getting a little closer to normalcy...if/when/whatever that might be.

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
My second shot is next week. It’s on a Thursday so I’m already expecting to feel like crap Friday and through the weekend, and then hopefully, that’ll be it. Looking forward to getting a little closer to normalcy...if/when/whatever that might be.
They recommend two weeks after getting the shot before resuming something resembling your normal life. I’ve been going to the hospitals and letting Covid patients breathe directly into my mouth. So far, so good.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter

denverpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
What happened to 140 characters there fancy Stanford pants...?

patsfan13

Hall of Fame Poster
PatsFans.com Supporter

so the press release you cite is from July 2020. The Peer Reviewed study I linked is from April 2021. IOW the press release has been superseded by a Peer Reviewed Study.

betterthanthealternative

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter

Most of us are doing better than that. My "day after" was pretty normal until about 24 hours later, then had one night of weird and mild symptoms. After that, just a little more tired than usual for a couple of days.

I think there's so much talk about it that we are creating psychological challenges for ourselves.

I do have this chronic need to "Update and Restart" though. Wonder what that's about.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
so the press release you cite is from July 2020. The Peer Reviewed study I linked is from April 2021. IOW the press release has been superseded by a Peer Reviewed Study.

shaddup......you cater to your own opinions......move along

you should probably vet your articles before posting them....

The paper was published by an exercise physiologist with no academic connection to Stanford University or the NIH in a journal that accepts "radical, speculative and non-mainstream scientific ideas."

The paper joins the storied ranks of other Medical Hypotheses articles including those arguing that masturbation is a cure for nasal congestion, that the Gulf War syndrome is caused by a beef allergy, and that high heels cause schizophrenia.

Last edited: